Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 02-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
jc12

Smile Hello !

Hello everybody !
I'm JC12, a new member on the forums. I have not personally had a stimulant but has a friend and a relative trying to overcome that. I thought it might be a good idea to try to understand them better and support them as much as I can by joining a forum.
Looking forward to reading your posts...
jc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
CarlyO

Default Hello and Welcome !

Dear JC12,

Welcome to the forum, I suggest going back and reading the older posts as they share their experiences, what happened and the various supports. DHF who has recently gone through an unimaginable tragedy, has an amazing story of how she put her disease in remission. She has always been such a supporter of the stimulant forum.
Read the other forums as well, as the saying goes a drug is a drug is a drug. There are medications to help with cravings for opiate misuse and alcohol misuse - right now there is research being done for stimulants. To the right hand side of this page are resources/links to educate yourself about stimulant misuse.

You are wise to learn more about the disease of addiction and I know it is difficult and frustrating to watch someone you love struggle. Addiction is a treatable disease, it takes work to find what works, most of all the person has to WANT to seek help.

Please feel free to vent, ask questions, here or any of the forums. Also, it would help if you could share a bit more about the situation, if you care to. We are completely anonymous.
Take care and again, welcome, Carly
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #3
CarlyO

Dear jc12,

Just wanted to check on you, was the info helpful? Keep us posted, I know it is difficult to care for someone who has addiction. Education is the key- at the right side of the page are all the links as well as the the link I posted for you - it is for loved ones dealing with alcohol misuse - however it has helpful info to deal with any addiction.
What is the situation- that would help if you can share a bit more about the situations.

Take good care, Carly
Link for friends/family :
http://www.alcoholanswers.org/friends-family/
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
sexysuszan

Wink DEAR jc12

Your friend should try suboxin.it is the best.it works and will help your friend get clean. My older sons had the same problem,and they tried suboxin,now they are clean.its hard work,one day at a time,but suboxin and one day at a time miricals do happen.i know it helped my two sons. Please tell your friend to find a doctor and try it.it cant hurt to try it.and if your friend does it will change her or his life.being clean is a wonderful feeling.your friend is worth it.please tell them to try it.they wont regret it.good luck,sexysuszan
sexysuszan is offline   Reply With Quote