Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 12-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
CoreyAvery

Default I'm Corey, and I'm an addict

My name is Corey and I'm a 24 year old recovering addict. My drugs of choice were heroin and ANY kind of prescription stimulants. I'd like to introduce myself on here and let people know that I am available for any kind of support.

I've been on both sides of this thing as I have struggled with the addiction, but also recovered and got to the other side.

I failed out of college in my first year due to my heavy drug use. I was using anywhere from 700-1000 milligrams of aderall (or vyvanse, or whatever I could get from the doctors at the time) a day. Today I fully function and I am productive without taking any stimulants. There is a solution!!!

Since I quit stimulants and all other drugs, I am looking to branch out on the web and join forums and communities such as this one.

The most important thing I can say is that you NEVER have to feel this way again. Reach out for support and take suggestions. It is possible to live a life without stimulants.
CoreyAvery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 04:34 PM   #2
CarlyO

Dear CoreyAvery,

Welcome and Thank you for sharing a bit of your story. It is so important to believe that we can make it to the other side!
Congrats on your new life, hope you will keep us posted.
Take care , Carly
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
alanw

Hey man, Im also 24, and I definatly took my share of adderol in college (actually helped alot!) But that eventually led me to opiates and such, things arent that formal here but be certian THAT everyone is here to help and listen, this is one of the best groups of supportive people I have EVER come across!!

Any pill or rx has its warnings and possible addictive properties, but its our behavior and habbits that gets us addicted. For me there is definatly some under lying issues involving my past that make using a good idea for me, luckily 8 months ago I decided on my own to get help and here I am 8 months and 13 days clean from heroin, oc, fetanyl and WHATEVER else I could possibly find. Now I am so thankful that i didnt mess my life up anymore then i did.

The hole was massive but somehow i just kept digging and digging, sometimes with no signs of progress but finally after much hard work I finally pulled myself out of that shit hole!!

Again great job and what a positive thing to share!

Your pal,

Alan w
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #4
deedle

Corey...congratulations! I know how seriously stimulants alter your body/brain chemistry ...so coming out on top of that battle shows your strength.
welcome!

Alan! youre 24?! I thought you were a grandpa! ( your writing has a grandpa feel lol) turns out I've got 10 years on you! ...its ok grandpa...people on this board always think I'm a Guy...I hope things are going well for you grandfather child.
deedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 12:59 AM   #5
CarlyO

Hi Corey - Hope all is still going well, take care , Carly
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 03:52 AM   #6
Kellyraj

Hi corey,
I'm new on here to and congrats to your new life. I can tell you I just started posting but I have been reading everyone post for a little over a month and it is the best site I have found. Everyone is really supportive here unlike other places were everyone is competing to be top dog and likes to do nothing but agrue. I really like it here and I love how people will answer your post pretty quickly keep up the good work and hope to hear more from u soon
Kellyraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 12:43 AM   #7
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Hi Corey,

Welcome to the site. I'm glad you found us. Reading your introduction reminded me of why I came here in the first place...to share experience, strength and hope.

Right now, I'm attempting to recover--mentally and physically--from a car accident that took the life of my 9 year old son.

I can't say I have much in the way of strength or hope to share...I'm trying to hold on to every last bit I can get.

But experience...yeah, got that...9 years clean AND going through a major life crisis...over which I won't use.

BTW...you may find you want to give college another try. I got expelled from high school (drugs) and some 20-plus years later, wanted to earn a degree.

I did it...clean, sober, and with honors you can do it, too.

Have an awesome, dopeless day,

-DHF
Dopeless Hope Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to Dopeless Hope Fiend For This Useful Post:
Thank You (12-22-2011), Thank You (10-26-2015)
Unread 12-22-2011, 03:45 AM   #8
alanw

No deddle, I wrote a post about my gpas death about 3 months back, no need to feel bad or anything, thankfully I wasnt an "addict" when dealing with it; and expected it, and I appreciate that you respect my maturity level... in most cases! Im just extremly honest and "BS" is what brought me down to begin with! I always read your post's and definatly have become inspired by your courage! You are a good person and everyone on this site knows!! Truthfully you made my day!!!!!!

As always,

Alan w!
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote