Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 11-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #1
opifent

Question Time to be HONEST "I'm CROSS addicted"

Hello All You "Tweakers" & or "Ex",

Let me introduce myself. I'm Opifent-the great and powerful "cross addicted" MESS......
I have not been completely honest with the group over at OPIATE land. not only do I have an Opiate addiction, I also love METH!!
I shoot it all day long, (right after my Heroin fix). Here is my issue, I am detoxing off of Heroin at the moment, but I have not stopped the white. I planned on stopping both and did for a while, but after I found out that I could not get Suboxone, I kept using. It helps me with the withdrawal. Yes, I landed in the hospital and almost died, but....
I need feedback. Please, tell me, should I continue meth until withdrawals are over, or should I stop.
Let Me Know!!
opifent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
CarlyO

Default Hi opifent

Dear OF,

I read your posts from the other forum. I do not have insurance but am able to pay for sub. as sub changed my life. You said you pay 200 /day for H but doesn't Meth also cost $$$$ ?? With that cash couldn't you pay for meds and counseling other medical help ?

Please read DHF 's story as I think you will gain a lot of insight .

From what I read you had some issues with doctors, is it because you tested positive for Meth ? Doctors will NOT Rx sub if you are not honest with them. Is there an inpatient clinic you can go to ?

I cannot give out medical advice, but it sounds like you need to get as much support as you can, meetings, counseling , I am sure there is a sub doc out there who is willing to work with you, if you are honest. As far as Meth. it sounds like you need support to help you deal with the cravings but it can be done. YOu have to believe this.

I gotta run but will be back to check on you. Take care, Carly
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 05:11 PM   #3
CarlyO

Dear OF,

Just checking on you- how are you doing? I am very concerned about you. Please understand no one can tell you to continue with any substance, I hope you will consider seeking professional support - you do not have to be a "mess" but you know you have to want help and be honest with those helping you.
It takes work, but it is doable and imo worth it.
Hang in there and please be careful- Carly
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote