Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 04-13-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
kali30

Default Suggestions needed

HEY
I AM HAVING ONE OF THOSE DAYS WERE EVERY THINGS SUCKS AND I AM CRYING FOR NO REASON. WELL PROBABLY SOME TUCKED IN REASONS THAT ARE SURFACING. ALL DAY I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT GETTING HIGH. AND SOME OF MY TEARS ARE CUZ OF THAT. THE DESIRES ARE COMING ALOT MORE OFTEN. WICH SCARES ME. I DONT WANT OR NEED TO RELAPSE.. IT HAS BEEN Way to long. i still have all these raw feelings and emotions. the ann. of my mom passing is in a few days.. please god let me be stronger this year.. I NEED TIPS ON WAYS TO TAKE MY FOCUS OFF EVERYTHING WRONG ABOUT MYSELF AND TRY TO FIND SOME GOOD TO SEE. ANY BODY PLEASE HELP ME
kali30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi kali30, welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time. Do you have any support at home or go to any groups?

If you're not seeing a therapist, please think about seeing one so that s/he can help you learn ways to deal with your emotions.

Talk with us here too. Sometimes just writing things out and then reading them back to yourself help. This is a link to some Cognitive Behavioral Therapy tools that might be helpful too: http://moodgym.anu.edu.au/welcome

Look at how much you've accomplished! You've been addiction free for over 2 and a half years, that is HUGE. You should be really proud of yourself. Maybe think about writing out a 'gratitude list' and keep it with you so you can refocus on things that are dear to you.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom's passing. Maybe do something special on that day in honor of her that might help take some of the sadness away.

Please let me know how you're doing.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 09:01 AM   #3
NancyB
Administrator

Hi again, I just found this, Crystal Meth Anonymous.
http://www.crystalmeth.org/

That might be something to look into also to see if there's a meeting near you?

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-20-2010)
Unread 04-20-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
kali30

thank you for the link to cma. . i am doing better now. i just have them days. yes i do attend na meetings sometimes. i was going regularly but someone there hurt my feelings pretty bad so i have not been going much. i will suck it up. i just went and spoke about how i recieved a letter from my kids telling me they didnt want to see me till they were outta college. they are 12. i was really upset and wanting to use to make it go away. and he said some rude things about wanting pity and stuff. that was not my intent .. it was just needing some one to tell me to stay focused. anyways..
kali30 is offline   Reply With Quote