Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 06-18-2009, 08:51 PM   #1
Sunny Rae

Angry Come on people!!!!

Seriously, its freakin crazy to me that no one uses this damn site!!!!! Are these drugs really kickin that many peoples asses that no one even posts on here! I use the opiate site because after getting off the meth after 14 years, i decided to get addicted to pain pills. people are always helping each other in the part of the forum. here, nope. people are too damn busy snorting, smoking, or shootin the meth or crack, and the don't want to get help because most people give up. Get it TOGETHER PEOPLE and use all of the resources out here! Don't let the devil win your soul. thats what is happening if you are still using...every day that passes is another part of your soul that is being taken from you and your family...
im here if anyone wants to talk. ive been there. its hard, but you CAN DO IT!!!

it makes me angry to know that those that are still using are wasting their life...worrying your families...taking away from your kids.... dont let that happen.

you CAN DO IT
Sunny Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
kimmisue

Well I am here my name is kimmisue and I am coming off of crack my doctor referred me to this web site, and I check it a couple times a week unfortunatley I don't have my own pc and I can't use it on the times they have for live chat. Anyway the devil isn't taking my soul just for today and I am blessed because of it, I do wish more people would take advantage of this , I am doing everything I can do to stay clean!!
kimmisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2009, 07:44 PM   #3
CarlyO

Hi Kimmisue,

Congrats on getting your life back ! Can you share a bit more of your story, how are doing ?
Yes, this is a new section of the forum and it takes a while for new forums to build up members.

I am glad you posted and that you have not picked today, that in itself is a miracle, yes? Hang in there, and congrats on your new life! Take Care , Carly
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
Sunny Rae

Hello Kimmisue! Good for you! You are going to beat this! My friend, I can tell you that every day you stay clean, you are going to start to realize that there is more out there than the shit. Take it one day at a time, and even one min. at a time if you need to. its always gonna be hard, but you can do it!..just think of a life where the first thing on your mind when you wake up (when you sleep lol) isn't how you gonna get more. who has some today, blah, blah, blah. Good for you! You are winning the battle, and kicking the devils ass!!!! Good for you!! Also, be prepared to move away from where you live. I had to do that. It was just too hard to see all the same people and places and keep saying no. If you can, id move. anyway, share more of your story, and I/we will be here to listen.

Don't let him beat you...

sunny
Unread 07-05-2009, 07:58 PM   #5
CarlyO

Hi KimmieSue,

I know you mentioned you do not have access to a computer, but just wanted to say hi and that we are all pulling for YOU ! You can do this, keep an open mind, stick with people who are positive people in your life. Let us know how you are doing when you get a chance. Take care and hang in there, Carly : )
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 07-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #6
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Hi SunnyRae,

Sorry I haven't been on the board as often as I used to be...almost everyday. Like Carly says, it's gonna take some time to grow. I've recommended this site to a couple people, but I don't know if they're signed up or even lurking.

I'm still clean, drugs aren't what have kept me away. Life on lifes terms have! But being away and going through crap make the crap all the worse...I need to be here more when the going gets tough. And it is...so I shall.

Hope you check in...I'd love to hear how you're doing.

-DHF
Dopeless Hope Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2009, 11:21 PM   #7
Sunny Rae

whats up dhf! good to hear from you. ya, i go on here as often as i can. life is busy isn't it. i just turned 30 and celebrated with out drugs or alcohol. can't believe it. im pretty depressed, they put me on the medication called celexa. i think im gonna ask about prozac or wellbutrin or something. all i wanna do is sleep. i have no energy, its great. i just want to be normal again! i want to have energy without drugs or, ya, drugs.

anyway, i hope all is well, keep in touch!
Unread 08-20-2009, 01:21 PM   #8
g.howard442

congradulations Kimmisue its hard at first but gets better every day. I went through the same addiction and only have 5 months clean today but its getting to the point now where its not on my mind so much. i cant lie i still think sometimes it would be easier to pick up instead of dealing with life but i have made up my mind that i dont need that life anymore so i keep going forward one day sometimes even one minute at a time. keep your head up stay positive keep moving forward things will get better i promise
g.howard442 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to g.howard442 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-23-2009)
Unread 08-24-2009, 12:34 AM   #9
Dot72

Default No Bullshit!!! I love that!!!

First, I want to say that I love thatyou tell it like it is. I know that may upset mny other people. But please remember that when you tell the truth, thatpeopledon'twan to hear it. Pepl are sadand I think all they want is some love. I would love to talk to you tomorrow.

If you have the time I will be on tis site around 9;30. Thanks again for the little kick in the big. Dot72
Dot72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2009, 12:58 AM   #10
Dot72

Default Just so you know

I am not able to have chilren. I wish you or anyone one else knows how that how that feels. So, I can't wake up one day and think oh, I need to change my life for a child

Last edited by Dot72; 08-24-2009 at 01:02 AM..
Unread 08-24-2009, 01:05 AM   #11
Dot72

Default Please keep open the good work

I truly believe you can beat this addiction.If you need rides to meeting send me a message here and I will drive you.

Last edited by Dot72; 08-24-2009 at 01:14 AM..
Unread 08-24-2009, 01:08 AM   #12
Dot72

I hope you know how special you are. It works if you work it. So keep working it. Please stay positive.

Last edited by Dot72; 08-24-2009 at 01:14 AM..
Unread 10-23-2009, 06:52 PM   #13
MicheleJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Rae View Post
Seriously, its freakin crazy to me that no one uses this damn site!!!!! Are these drugs really kickin that many peoples asses that no one even posts on here! I use the opiate site because after getting off the meth after 14 years, i decided to get addicted to pain pills. people are always helping each other in the part of the forum. here, nope. people are too damn busy snorting, smoking, or shootin the meth or crack, and the don't want to get help because most people give up. Get it TOGETHER PEOPLE and use all of the resources out here! Don't let the devil win your soul. thats what is happening if you are still using...every day that passes is another part of your soul that is being taken from you and your family...
im here if anyone wants to talk. ive been there. its hard, but you CAN DO IT!!!

it makes me angry to know that those that are still using are wasting their life...worrying your families...taking away from your kids.... dont let that happen.

you CAN DO IT
I belong to the opiate section, but I was just checking out this section when I read this and I just have to say something.

IMO, the reason why the opiate section is so active and this one not is because we in the opiate section have Suboxone, which allows us to feel well immediately (most of the time for most people) when we decide to stop using our opiate drug of choice. We don't have to suffer at all.

Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is nothing comparable to Suboxone for those who suffer from addiction to stimulants for them to use that allows them to feel nearly as well when they decide that they want to stop using stimulant drug of choice.

So, again, IMO, the answer to the question why "no one uses this damn site!!" is because people on this section may not feel nearly mentally or physically as well as the people on the opiates section do and therefore they are less likely to be excited about posting about early recovery from stimulants than the people who are in early recovery from opiate addiction and taking Suboxone.

Last edited by MicheleJ; 10-23-2009 at 07:00 PM..
MicheleJ is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Say Thank You to MicheleJ For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-09-2010), Thank You (07-19-2010), Thank You (07-10-2010)
Unread 10-25-2009, 03:02 PM   #14
CarlyO

Hi MicheleJ,

Thank you for your post, I wish I had the magic answer as to why there is not much traffic here, it is a relatively new part of the forum but I do tend to agree with a lot what you said. Often - with newcomers- we try to get as much info to them, links, medical trials etc... and of course we are here to listen as much as educate.

I wish more people used this site, though I am grateful for posters like DHF and others who have stayed in regular contact and faithfully welcome any newcomers.

With medical advances and trials I hope very soon - people will more and better options to treat their stimulant addiction issues.

Again, thanks for your post, take care , Carly : )
Unread 10-25-2009, 04:08 PM   #15
MicheleJ

Hi Carly,

Although I belong to the opiates forum, I actually have much, much more of a history with alcohol. I drank for over 20 years until I stopped. I was in addiction remission for about three years from alcohol when I got involved with Vicodin. I got involved with Vicodin just because it made me feel normal, I never had any pain issues or any legitimate reason to take it. Eventually though, it was no longer effetive, and the addiction was beginning to effect my life, so it had to stop.
By sheer accident and pure "chance" I learned about Suboxone one Friday afternoon, and then I happened to find this forum, and then five days later I started Suboxone. That was almost five months ago now, I started Suboxone on June 3rd, and I have never felt better in my life.
I believe that I have a chemical imbalance in my brain, I believe it has always been there, and that Suboxone fixes it, and I plan on remaining on Suboxone indefinately because it helps not only with the Vicodin addiction but also with depression.
As for alcohol, I can't even stand the thought of it, and I want nothing to do with it. Even before the Vicodin, I stil had no interest in alcohol. I didn't feel "good", but I knew that alcohol was not going to make me feel any better.
While I was taking Vicodin, I did drink a few times, but not like before, and when I did, it always ended up with me seeking Vicodin or Percocet.
Anyway, I am doing very well now with Suboxone, and it would be nice if everyone, no matter what their doc is, could have something like that.
I am working on my story for "My Thread", and it is long. (I have a habit of writing too much sometimes, plus, I have a very long addiction history), and the only parts I have completed so far are all about the story of my alcohol addiction and alcohol addiction remission.
I am doing my "My Thread" story in sections, 1. Alcohol, 2.After alcohol, 3.Vicodin, and 4. After Vicodin. So far I am finished with the "After alcohol section, but I have not even started the Vicodin section yet, so I am a bit leary of posting it on the Opiate forum when I have not yet written the story about my Vicodin addiction yet. If there was a section for a "My Thread" on the alcohol forum, I would be more likely to post it there though, even though the story of my opiate addicion has not yet been completed. Are there any plans on adding a My Thread secion on the alcohol forum?
But, although I feel that I am successful in my addiction remission from alcohol, I am not sure if it actually counts though according to some of the people in "certain programs" of recovery because of the fact that I did become addicted to Vicodin afterward, and because I did drink alcohol again since I stopped drinking six years ago. But, like I said, not alcoholically and certainly not anything like before. Not even remotely close. I don't want to make anyone upset if I am not really "sober" according to certain program standards.
I do believe though, that even if I had not gotten involved with Vicodin that I still would not have drank alcoholically again though simply because I hate alcohol, and it makes me sick.
Anyway, nice talking to you Carly. Have a great day!

Last edited by MicheleJ; 10-25-2009 at 04:36 PM..
MicheleJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #16
BIGsherm7272

It seems like the really only active part of this site is the opiate and opioid dependency section.....sorry, but you may be better off to find different site or support group.
BIGsherm7272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2010, 11:02 AM   #17
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Default Hey Everyone!

Yes, BIGsherm7272 you're correct...the busier site is the Opiates one. I can see when I check in here that many people read; however, few post.

And lately, I've been one of them! Welcome luckybird! I did read your story, but didn't post back because I didn't make the time to...super busy with 'life on life's terms'...which should include taking the time to post when I read. You are a survivor and a success! I'm glad you're here and I hope you post again.

As for me...this year I'll be 8 years clean from crystal methamphetamine. My life is full with school, kids, family, friends, recovery and more. Life is good! The next few weeks are going to be very busy...3 term papers due, tests, etc. Which I will be working on directly!

Hope you all have an awesome dopeless day.

-DHF
Unread 02-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #18
toms

Its hard to follow a lot of forums. I was on AS for months before I even realized this section existed.
Unread 03-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #19
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Default Hey Everybody!

Hello!

I check-in everyday...see that there's not much going on. Just thought I'd post that I'm here if anybody wants to talk.

Everything is going good...hope it is too, for whoever reads this!!

Have an awesome dopeless day,

-DHF
Unread 03-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #20
CarlyO

HI DHF -

So good to an update from you. I think of you often and hope all is still going well you and your family.
Take care, Carly : )
Unread 03-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #21
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Default Everything's As It Should Be!

Hi CarlyO,

Good to hear from you, too! Like I said...I'm trying to remind myself that everything is as it should be...

The kids are fine...I'm fine...my husband is fine...money is tight, bills are due, the weather sucks, school is kicking my butt...

But I guess that's all part of life on life's terms...

-DHF
Unread 03-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #22
CarlyO

OH DHF, you are singing my song ! That is exactly where we are .
Just trying to take it one day at a time.

We're alive, not misusing substances, we have our kids, so that is good.

Take care : ) c.
Unread 04-28-2010, 04:13 PM   #23
lizzy1961

Hi everyone,

I am getting a huge wake up call today,I had no idea all these other parts of the site existed. I just posted in the alcohol section and thought I would check this out next. My first addiction was to alcohol and it alost killed me.

Then I discovered opiates and off I went again. Somewhere in the middle of all that mess, I was diagnosed with ADHD and started on Ritalin, then Adderall, and then Concerta. Of course I also abused that and sometimes would stay up for weeks until I ran out of meds, and then I would really crash. I still get scripts for Concerta, but only take them if i have to stay focused all day when I am taking a course. I find it helpful, but try not to take them any other time.

It's too bad not very many people use this site, as I am certain there are a lot of people out there that could use it. One thing I know about people who are severely addicted to crack, is that I don't know one crack addict that still has things like computers left. Now, I don't know that any crack addicts, but my sister in law is one, so I know of her and all of her friends and between all of them, I don't think they have anything worth any value left. I hope I am not sounding arrogant or making it sound like crack addicts are any worse than any other kind of addict, I just know of the one group of crack addicts, and it's so bad and I wish I knew what to do so i could help. I don't think they want help, not yet anyway.

So, hello to everyone here, I would like to check in once in a while, so I would know what to do if she ever did call for help.

Take care,
Lizzy
lizzy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 10:37 PM   #24
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Hi lizzy1961,

Your post made me smile...no, I don't think you sound arrogant. As a recovering crystal methamphetamine addict who has a best friend that's a recovering crack addict, I feel your statement: "One thing I know about people who are severely addicted to crack, is that I don't know one crack addict that still has things like computers left." is pretty darn accurate.

My friend and I were just talking the other day, one-upping each other on the stuff we did for our dope. I laughed with her when she told me about trading the artwork off her walls. She still can't believe I took over a foreclosed condo, changed the locks and made it my home...phone, electricity, water...everything.

We addicts can be real creative when it comes to keeping our addictions intact! Maybe you've heard the saying, "chase your recovery like you chased your dope," well, that's something I personally need to be doing. I'm guilty of saying I'll be around and then I get busy...next thing I know, I haven't logged on for weeks.

In my experience, it takes a long time to get our "things" like computers back. After I got clean, the first computer I got was given to me by a friend who had bought a new one. Internet service? No way, I couldn't afford that on top of rent, utilities, gas, food, etc. I had computers when I was using, they were in storage facilities that eventually got repossessed because I spent the money on dope.

So, you're probably right...those of us who are severely addicted probably don't have a computer left. But hopefully, those who need this site will find it, one way or another.

Hope you have an awesome dopeless day,

-DHF
Unread 07-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #25
sassy

Default so hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlyO View Post
Hi Kimmisue,

Congrats on getting your life back ! Can you share a bit more of your story, how are doing ?
Yes, this is a new section of the forum and it takes a while for new forums to build up members.

I am glad you posted and that you have not picked today, that in itself is a miracle, yes? Hang in there, and congrats on your new life! Take Care , Carly
Kimmisue,im so happy for you,cause any addiction is hard to beat,i hope i can do it.CONGADS,FROM SASSY
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #26
sassy

I really am happy for all of you that have stayed off drugs,i have been battling addiction going from one drg to another practicly my whole life,im now seeing a psychologist who is using motivational therapy to help me stop adderrall add.I take 15 30mg. tabs a day,i have to take 5 2mg. ativan,and 2mg, zanax at night just to get some sleep,tried rehab last nov. i was on suboxone for opiate add.was taking 20 ambiem a day,overdosed twice,adderrall and all the benzos,went from 120pds,to 98pds.Rehab for me was good just for the detox,was supposed to stay a month but checked out after 2 weeks.I stayed clean for about a week in a half,went to na evernight,and then a guy i met there gave me a zanax and that started the whole addiction all over again,ive dissapointed my husband but mostly my kids,i feel like ive been at war my whole life,so everyone out there you should be so proud of you;re selves for winning the war,to many people die from this disease dont let that happen to you,dont give in to the demons in your soul,and let no one ever judge you,only god can judge you,and he would be proud!!! HANG IN THERE ''SASSY''
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2010, 08:20 PM   #27
CarlyO

Default HI Sassy welcome !

Dear Sassy,

Welcome and thanks for sharing your story. This is good news that you are working with someone. I hope you will read the other stories, esp. DHF and others on all forums, one thing I am reminded of is that with work - you can make the change!
I read your story and I know how hard it is, I was once doing the detox/rehab revolving doors... I truly understand how you feel, I wanted the misery to stop but did not know how to live without substances. I had been rxed lots of "meds" since age 14- ( depression ) plus opiates were my doc so I was a wreck, ( this was before sub). It took some serious consequences to get me to the point where I checked into a detox ( which lasted 22 days- they were old school ) and then onto the program . I had been in long term residential once before but this time, I am ashamed to even say how many places I was in prior to finally committing to changing my life !
I KNEW I better stay put and I did for 6 months in a women's residence, then onto a half way house run by the same place. I did well for nearly 10 years - never knew I could be so happy and at peace, even got married, had a baby, etc... then after a surgery and being complacent - my stage was set for relapse, it was true that you pick up where you leave off, wow ! so as soon as I could - I checked into detox/30 day but it was soo difficult being without with my child. That was tough, but I knew my family deserved better. Long story short, even though I worked on a lot of grief issues, I still relapsed afterwards. I was devastated but finally
I found out about sub and it saved my life, my sanity, me. It still takes work, for me, staying connecting with others .
Find it within you to do everything and anything you can to have the life you deserve. Please be careful, you know the dangers of the different substances you are on, imo - a solid detox is vital, believe me, staying 4 weeks VS. 2 weeks can make a huge difference, esp since you said you , like many of us switch from one substance to another, that is what I know I was used to, I never thought would be ever be able to not reach for a substance to sleep , calm down , boredom, any excuse...
Anyway, read the info about benzos as they wreak havoc , like spurts of feeling withdrawals all over again, because of their half life they stay in our systems - resulting in Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome. ( PAWS) .
But with good support, medical supervision, you can do this. Just please don't give up.
When in doubt keep reading the stories, we all have had the struggle, there is nothing written in stone that says you, Sassy cannot put your addiction into remission. Be safe, glad you are working with someone, you are taking the first steps, like the saying each journey begins with one step... keep moving forward and keep us posted.

Take care, Carly : )
Unread 07-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #28
Julnjer

Well hello there. I am a recovering cocaine/crack addict with nine years clean. I got hooked on prescribed pain pills two years ago and am now on suboxone. Never did i think I'd get hooked on an opiate. (should of known). Anyway, this is why I am on the opiate site and never even knew this existed. As someone said earlier, subs makes us "feel " better right away, and IMO chances are people in active addiction probably aren't going to be coming here, though they should....and I hope they will. I will visit more often now that I know your here. Thanks for letting us know. Drugs steal your will without a fight, but now its time to kick its ass and fight back!! JNJ
Julnjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2010, 04:09 PM   #29
CarlyO

Dear Juinjer,

Welcome over here and THANK YOU so much for sharing a bit of your story esp about your past addiction to stimulants! I truly believe that you never know who may read your story and it gives the person reading it - not only options : like how you did it, how Did you do it if you care to share ? ...but also hearing from others gives a person struggling with this demon- HOPE-- that they too, can put their addiction into remission !!

So happy for you that sub is working, it is a miracle imo - and the opiate community is great isn't it !!

Hope to hear more from you esp. if you are willing to share more . Many people want to know HOW as when one is the midst of addiction, you just want the misery to go away, but feel utterly powerless as to HOW to go about it, so it helps to hear what ways people did deal with stimulant addiction.

Again, THANKS so much- take care - Carly : )
Unread 08-25-2010, 03:56 AM   #30
PrincessDi

Hi There everyone i myself just found this site too.. I have been on the opiates site for about 6 months and its been great.. ..I just though i would do a little bit of exploring and guess what here you guys are ......Anyway i cant write to much tonight but i will try to get back to you all tomorrow... My sister and i are in the process of moving so i dont get to post as often as i would like... But we will be done hopefully by sunday...... Anyway have a great evening and i will see you tomorrow... Sweet dreams Angels are watching over you all..... Di
PrincessDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 10:29 PM   #31
CarlyO

Dear sassy,

How are you doing ???? It has been a while. Please do not give up... many of us struggled like the "i'll quit tomorrow " you can do this- just do not lose hope.

Hope to see an update from you - take care, Carly