Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 06-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
Chazwick

Default Finding a sponsor

Hey friends! I hope everybody is having a blessed hump day. This post relates less to any relation of Suboxone and the steps, and more just to the fellowships. particularly, Nrcotics Anonymous. I have been clean and in Suboxone for 11 months as of tomorrow, and attending NA the entire time. I was in and out of the rooms the few years before, but now I'm back, and luckily some people I remember are still clean, which is always beautiful. I am going in eleven months though and I still do not have a sponsor. I have been wanting to lately, but I am moving about an hour away soon and have only been making it to a coupe meetings a week due to school and other life things. The move kind of makes me want to get a sponsor here in a way, because I am moving what will be about 2 weeks before my year, which I have gotten here in this one area. I don't know if it would be weird to ask someone to sponsor me when I am moving soon after. I have a couple people in mind. I have heard of some people having sponsors in other areas. I that weird to you guys? Or should I maybe just stop making excuses and ask someone, if there is someone I want to ask, before I move to a whole new area? There was more I wanted to touch on, but it's left my mind for now, or it's hiding damn well, so I will leave it at that for now. Thanks as always folks!
Chazwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
Leo

A warm welcome Chazwick.

Ang CONGRATULATIONS FOR 11 MONTHS CLEAN !!!

I do not have the ability to type much today as I am having trouble writing due my medication effects today but; In my opinion take yor time finding a sponsor who you feel comfortable with. See how you feel about a person.

May I ask what drugs (including alcohol which is a drug, you were using and what type of other help you got such as friends/family/ counsellors etc.

Best Wishes

Leo
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
Chazwick

Thanks! And everything, really. Heroin and weed were the top, but I didn't discriminate, no more than my disease does. As an example, a common one at that, I hated the taste of alcohol, and to an extent the feeling as well, but that didnt stop me from drinking until I couldn't drink anymore, as long as it was around. It didnt even have to be the only option, i could have my DOC and still go for that, anything to not be sober. So, opiates were my preference, but I subscribed to it all. I have a great family, immediate and extended who are supportive. The ones who don't understand it try their best and usually learn a thing or two, so it's not bad, and the only friends outside of a few cousins who I consider best friends, are people of NA. But I don't talk to them much out of meetings. I'm trying to force myself too. I have always been awkward about calling people. I always feel like I shouldn't, like I'm bothering maybe, even my closest friends, even when I was using. Thank god for remission but I still have work to d, that's for sure. Thank you for your response! This part of the board doesn't seem to see much action the past few months.
Chazwick is offline   Reply With Quote