Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 03-15-2006, 04:32 AM   #1
Renee

Default Need saboxone cliff notes. I am gonna start 2m

Hello All. This site is amazing..All you beautiful people out there. I am currently taking an average 70mg of lortabs a day and occassional oxycontin use. I want to Quit. I am not withdrawing yet, but when i wake up at 5am to go to work Im gonna feel like s***. Please help me on how to take the saboxone ..mg a day and when, side effects, and experiences.
Keep in mind I am paying alot to get these of the streets. I dont have insurance and cant afford to go to doc, but i can access the suboxone. I need an advisor or two. I am not as bad off on meds as some but i do abuse them daily yet some ho ive kept myself steady. I need to quit. I want to quit and i am. I just need all the advice I can get. My boyfriend is on methadone and I dont want to go there,. He says Im not that bad off and saboxone will work for me. Please help. Renee'
Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2006, 09:39 AM   #2
Phoenix

Renee:
How is it you can afford street suboxone and narcotics but can't pay to see a doctor? You're health really does depend on it. I answered you're question, but seeing a doctor is really important.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2006, 09:39 AM   #3
Phoenix

Renee:
How is it you can afford street suboxone and narcotics but can't pay to see a doctor? You're health really does depend on it. I answered you're question, but seeing a doctor is really important.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2006, 04:00 PM   #4
spanky

Renee With Suboxone you need to be in mild withdrawal first say 36hrs before you take any Suboxone or else you will go into withdrawal.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2006, 04:00 PM   #5
spanky

Renee With Suboxone you need to be in mild withdrawal first say 36hrs before you take any Suboxone or else you will go into withdrawal.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2006, 04:35 PM   #6
beginagain

Renee,
I really wish that you would consider going to a doctor. I don't know how much you are paying on the street - but maybe the cost of buying them on the street would be comparable to seeing a doc. You have to shop around for a doc and a price plan you can afford. I got lucky in that my treatment cost me $500.00. That includes the doctors visits, blood work, EKG and then I pay for the meds seperately. So it might be worth shopping around.

I was also a hydro addict and that was really the only drug I had taken for atleast a month prior to induction. I was at 70-90mg a day up to my appointment date. The day before my appointment I had about 50 mg total with the last dose at 5pm on the day prior to my appt. I was induced at 8:20 the next morning and was in mild withdrawal. It took a relatively small dose to induce me but everyone is so different and we are not medical experts here. Just people sharing our experiences with success or problems in Sub treatment.

All that being said - no two of us seem to have the exact same experience. For example it seems uncommon here (from what I've read) for the induction dose to be as low as mine was but it probably has alot to do with the drug I was taking (Hydro) and my metabolism and maybe even other factors I'm not aware of. As other posters have said it is extremely important that your WD level be right when you start the sub or you wont have a good result. Everyone processes things so differently that the safest thing seems to be using a doctor. They were very careful with me during induction. The doc was there almost constantly. They checked my BP and pulse several times and even did an EKG and labs...it just seems you need medical care to do this safely and effectively.

You will do what you will do...but I hope you consider seeing a doctor so that you can have the best possible experience and success in treatment.

Best of luck in whatever you do.
beginagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2006, 04:35 PM   #7
beginagain

Renee,
I really wish that you would consider going to a doctor. I don't know how much you are paying on the street - but maybe the cost of buying them on the street would be comparable to seeing a doc. You have to shop around for a doc and a price plan you can afford. I got lucky in that my treatment cost me $500.00. That includes the doctors visits, blood work, EKG and then I pay for the meds seperately. So it might be worth shopping around.

I was also a hydro addict and that was really the only drug I had taken for atleast a month prior to induction. I was at 70-90mg a day up to my appointment date. The day before my appointment I had about 50 mg total with the last dose at 5pm on the day prior to my appt. I was induced at 8:20 the next morning and was in mild withdrawal. It took a relatively small dose to induce me but everyone is so different and we are not medical experts here. Just people sharing our experiences with success or problems in Sub treatment.

All that being said - no two of us seem to have the exact same experience. For example it seems uncommon here (from what I've read) for the induction dose to be as low as mine was but it probably has alot to do with the drug I was taking (Hydro) and my metabolism and maybe even other factors I'm not aware of. As other posters have said it is extremely important that your WD level be right when you start the sub or you wont have a good result. Everyone processes things so differently that the safest thing seems to be using a doctor. They were very careful with me during induction. The doc was there almost constantly. They checked my BP and pulse several times and even did an EKG and labs...it just seems you need medical care to do this safely and effectively.

You will do what you will do...but I hope you consider seeing a doctor so that you can have the best possible experience and success in treatment.

Best of luck in whatever you do.
beginagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2006, 05:25 PM   #8
SlaveToTheNeedle

If it was me I would try calling social services in your area and see if there are any options in obtaining some treatment for free. I remember I would go to the local emergency room and tell them I was going to kill myself and magically the doors opened up for treatment. It worked 10 years ago, I have no idea if this trick works today since our government prefers to rebuild the infrastructures of Arab nations instead of caring for US citizens.
SlaveToTheNeedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2006, 05:25 PM   #9
SlaveToTheNeedle

If it was me I would try calling social services in your area and see if there are any options in obtaining some treatment for free. I remember I would go to the local emergency room and tell them I was going to kill myself and magically the doors opened up for treatment. It worked 10 years ago, I have no idea if this trick works today since our government prefers to rebuild the infrastructures of Arab nations instead of caring for US citizens.
SlaveToTheNeedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2006, 06:43 PM   #10
Mary

Renee, The biggest, most important thing is to be in withdrawal or else your first dose of bupe will send you right into it. And the only way out at that point is to take more until it stops. I waited 24 hours and I was snorting H. But it's not the time that really matters, it's YOU and far you are in. Best to tell by your pupils. Anyway, I was given 4 to start, 2 more after a couple hours and the 2 more. I started feeling better about 20 minutes after the first 4.
Now, remember, everyone is different, but you have to wait for a couple of hours afterward because that's generally when you get the full effect. So you may or may not need more.

You really should try to get into a doctor. Because I just can't imagine a street source being completely reliable for bupe. If you go to the General Buprenorphine Topic http://www.naabt.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32 read through and look for heidi's posts. She was getting it from the streets for a while.
But I wish you good luck, and please be safe. Sending good thought beams. -Mary
Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2006, 06:43 PM   #11
Mary

Renee, The biggest, most important thing is to be in withdrawal or else your first dose of bupe will send you right into it. And the only way out at that point is to take more until it stops. I waited 24 hours and I was snorting H. But it's not the time that really matters, it's YOU and far you are in. Best to tell by your pupils. Anyway, I was given 4 to start, 2 more after a couple hours and the 2 more. I started feeling better about 20 minutes after the first 4.
Now, remember, everyone is different, but you have to wait for a couple of hours afterward because that's generally when you get the full effect. So you may or may not need more.

You really should try to get into a doctor. Because I just can't imagine a street source being completely reliable for bupe. If you go to the General Buprenorphine Topic http://www.naabt.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32 read through and look for heidi's posts. She was getting it from the streets for a while.
But I wish you good luck, and please be safe. Sending good thought beams. -Mary
Mary is offline   Reply With Quote