Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 04-12-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
Chase

Default Yellow Eyes?

I have had barely any side effects since beginning to take suboxone about two months ago. However, for the past two weeks, I have had a severe lose of appetite and have had uncontrollable vomiting (as if you were dope sick). I hadn't been spitting out the spit that comes in your mouth very well (when you take the sub), so I have begun to concentrate on that, and I have lowered my dose to 16mgs. My urine has become very dark (which I read was a symptom). It almost looks like it has blood in it. For the past couple of days, a symptom that I just also attributed to the suboxone, is that the whites of my eyes are yellow. My boyfriend has freaked out, thinking that I have HepC. I am going to get tested, but I was just wondering if anyone had ever had the whites of their eyes turn yellow from sub?
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 11:51 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Chase, please go to a doctor, that isn't a side effect of Suboxone that I've seen/read/heard about. Are you drinking enough water. Dehydrated will cause the urine to become darker, just a thought about that.

But please make an appointment today to get checked out.

Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
nan

Hi Chase! Nancy is right, please get to the dr and have your blood checked. It could be an indication of high liver enzymes, which could result in the jaundice condition you are describing. They can determine the liver enzymes quickly but the hep test takes a couple of days. Your skin will probably start turning yellow also so please get yourself in for a blood test right away. The dark urine is another sign. Hope it comes out ok just don't wait around. Best wishes,

Nan
nan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
jenealle

Chase....you really need to see a doctor...those are symptoms of liver probs and or dehydration just like Nan an Nancy said...until you can see a dr..drink lots an lots of water...Take care
Unread 04-13-2010, 10:22 AM   #5
theswan

I had hepatitis when I was 14 same thing as you are feeling

I could not eat, had yellow eyes and peed dark colors. Check it out ASAP Avoid tylenol for now and force some soup to get something into you,

I lost 25 pounds that summer and was angry it happened when school was out. I was not allowed out of the house so i would not infect my friends sucks but you will survive if it is Hep

Glen
theswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 04:32 PM   #6
deanna

hey Chase, I hope everything turns out ok for you. I agree with everyones responses. It really sounds like high liver enzymes to me. I used to work as a phlebotomist (person who draws blood), and those are definately signs of a high liver count. Please check in to let us know whats up. Good luck, Deanna
Unread 04-13-2010, 05:12 PM   #7
Mike

Chase, hope you were able to get to the doctor and get checked out. Please check in when you can.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 05:42 PM   #8
Chase

Welll, my eyes are still yellow, but I am not throwing up. I looked on the suboxone site and "cytolytic hepatitis" and "hepatits with jaundice" are actually side effects. Another name would be "drug-induced" hepatitis, but I am trying to find a GP that can give the test, as the doctor I go to for the suboxone treatment just does it out of a small, ill-equiped, office. Thanks you guys...I'm hoping that is not it, because since I have dropped my dosage, I have had cravings (maybe methadone now?) Ugh.
Unread 04-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #9
TIM

Hi Chase,
Your sub doctor is able to handle the liver test. They usually will send you out for a blood draw and a third party lab will do the testing and return the results to your doctor usually within 48 hours. This is somthing I would want to get to the bottom of ASAP. Here's a paper you can print out and bring to your doctor about bupe and liver http://www.pcssmentor.org/pcss/documents2/PCSS_Hepatitis.pdf He/she can get expert advice (if needed) free from the bupe mentors at www.pcssmentor.org Phone: 877.630.8812 I also wouldn't drink any alcohol or take any OTC medications until you see the doctor. Also as mentioned drink plenty of water.
Tim

Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. Voluntary Disclosure: Timothy L. is the President of The National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine treatment. (NAABT.org) The views and opinions of Timothy L., or any poster, are not necessarily the views of AddictionSurvivors.org. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider Any information you read here should only serve to inspire you to investigate further with credible, verifiable referenced sources or your doctor.
TIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 11:30 PM   #10
Chase

I called my bupe doctor about it, and she let me come in tonight and write a post-dated check (I don't get paid until Friday). She sent me to the hospital for blood tests. The yellowness I can deal with, but the shortness of breath is driving me crazy (a symptom of hep). She gave me a script for methadone (pills), but she doesn't know much about it. She also gave me an inhaler (which helps with the shortness of breath, but I would rather be on oxygen to be honest). One of the blood tests was to test bupe levels so we could tell if I just couldn't metabolize it or if it was hep. Thanks you guys...I will you know tomorrow what the results are. If the results are hep, than I likely resume the bupe. She was hoping it was something to do with my gall bladder, but I have no pain.
Unread 04-15-2010, 08:09 AM   #11
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Chase, you're in my thoughts. Please let us know what's going on when you can.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 04-17-2010, 12:09 AM   #12
Chase

I have Hep C. It's another battle to fight, and I guess God doesn't give us more than we can handle. My sub doctor is going to refer me to a gastroenterologist (sp). I (as had she), had hoped that it was from the bupe, but she had those levels checked and they were fine. Hopefully it has not developed too badly and that it will not be chronic. Please keep me in your prayers. For now, I remain on methadone pills, but she said that I could likely go back to the suboxone (unless it really aggrevated the Hep). Anyone on this site with HepC, I would appreciate any advice and support.

Thank you all.
Unread 04-17-2010, 01:57 AM   #13
LKB1956

So sorry to hear that Chase. Its true. God wont give you more than you can handle. Firm believer of that. Keep your awesome attitude up along with your spirits. I will pray for you. With all the meds they have today..........you will be fine...just another obstacle but you shall prevail.........Good Luck and have a great day. Take care@ keep talking to someone...dont keep things bottled up. I am very guilty at that and its not good...............Your friend, Linda
Unread 04-17-2010, 07:18 AM   #14
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Chase, oh, I'm sorry to hear that too. Here's a link to a paper on Suboxone and HepC that's from the PCSS:

http://www.pcssmentor.org/pcss/docum..._Hepatitis.pdf

Here's the information on the PCSS, if you do go back on Suboxone and your doctor has questions: http://www.naabt.org/providers.cfm#PCSS

I'm going to copy these last three posts and make a new thread in the main forum in hopes that more people will see it and respond.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do, and please keep us posted on how you are.

You're in my thoughts,

Nancy
Unread 04-17-2010, 07:21 AM   #15
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Chase, here's the link to the new thread on the main forum:

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=24216

Nancy
Unread 04-17-2010, 01:28 PM   #16
theswan

So sorry to hear this

There is hope however. Mt brother has a clean bill of health 5 years after treatment with a then investigational drug. I think it was called interferon but not sure

Good luck

Glen
Unread 04-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #17
theswan

by the way-brother has Hep C but it is no longer in his system or at least to a very small level and is non-symptomatic

Glen