Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 01-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
jwsmith55

Default Worried about Withdrawl

Hi All,

i have a question. I have been taking 24/mg per day for the past month and have been feeling great. I just came back home for the holidays and while i was unpacking i realized i left my meds at home(24 hours away). i go to the drs every week to get my refill and that is on monday afternoon. i'm not worried about cravings because i have no desire to turn back to my awful life. But i am worried i will have side affects? it will probably be about 48 hours before i can get my refill? should i be worried?
jwsmith55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
Sub-Zero

no worries, you can probably go more than 72 hours without withdrawal at that dose.
Sub
Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
toms

If you have been on it for awhile (weeks to months), you will probably be OK. I have gone up to three days without and not experienced any problems. I did find, however, that the one time I ran out of meds too early, that worrying about withdrawals caused me a lot of agitation (kind of a psychological as opposed to physical withdrawal). If you have a pharmacy nearby, you could phone your doc, explain what has happened, and perhaps get a refill. I'd say, whatever you need to do to preserve your sobriety and peace of mind is what you should do.
Unread 01-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #4
Sub-Zero

swsmith55,
check out page 19 of this http://www.naabt.org/documents/HEROIN.pdf
Sub
Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
jwsmith55

thanks so much you all, im not to nervous about going back to my old life, things have been turning around so much for the better i can't imagine going back. i feel like i've been giving a second chance in life. i was just nervous about withdrawl. i'll call my doc if i start feeling bad before monday Hope everyone has had a great new years. i don't post very often but i read a lot of the posts and they have been amazing in helping me recover from this awful disease.
jwsmith55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #6
MEski-1969

I wander from the forum and look what I miss...
jwsmith55, I did the EXACT same thing while visiting my inlaws over Xmas. I didn't handle it as well as I could have though.
Once I realized I had forgot my Sub, I panicked HARD. I called the Dr's answering serivice and after waiting 3.5 hours he called me only to tell me there was nothing he could do for me (as far as calling some pills to hold me over). I swear I was feeling WDs eventhough I had taken a part of my dose early that AM. It was the holidays and I didnt want to be "sick" and be able to visit with the family. I ended up bumming a couple of Vicodin from my brother in law just to keep me out of WDs until I could get home and take my meds.
I can tell you this. I will NEVER forget my meds again...
MEski-1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #7
Heath

I would be the type to panic also. I would be like, "noooooo!!!!! I f o r g o t m y m e d s !!!!!!!!!! And then i'd calm down like usual. But it would give me a panic attack.
Heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #8
lily29

That's happened to me a couple times, and I've freaked out! I think the psychological part is way worse than how you actually feel. I went last weekend without subs, but I planned it, knew I was doing it, and it was completely fine.
I feel for you Jim! I would have done the exact same thing, ANYTHING to prevent withdrawls!

-Lily
lily29 is offline   Reply With Quote