Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 10-02-2010, 05:01 AM   #401
Saint

Frank,
There's a better life out there for you, one without alcohol. Take a chance on yourself buddy. Get out of your way and get on with it. You know what you need to do. Nothing worse than a reformed drinker ehhh ; ) !!!

I wish you well Frank. Stay safe

Saint
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2010, 11:08 PM   #402
CarlyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Hi Carly and saint,

Yes I looked at the sites Carly, but I'm having so much fun drinking and feeling like s--t, I haven't done anything about it. Thanks very much for the help!

Frank
Oh Frank .... Surely you jest ;O - SERIOUSLY : you know we worry about you and the health consequences your alcohol "binges" are having on you , not only physical but the emotional toll it takes. Yes, agree with Saint there is a better life out life without alcohol.... maybe one day soon, go back through your thread, sometimes reading in one fail swoop, like what you are striving for, all of the feedback and caring people have said may give you Hope, believe that we believe you can Do this or maybe it will light a fire under you ; ) Please above all - even though we cut up- this is a serious disease and am in no way minimizing it - At ALL.

You know we care, glad you are keeping us posted at least. Hang in there , keep an open mind ( about support) and most of all care, Take Care , Carly
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #403
Frankie

Thanks for checking on me you guys. One of these days...

Frank
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #404
Magda

Oh Frankie-
Do you realize this thread is nine pages long so far? Nine pages of you coming back to the idea- to the thought of getting a new lease on life. Something inside you is telling you a change is needed, and yet the days pass doing the same things- maybe tomorrow, maybe next week... Every single day the alcohol is eating away at your body, your soul.
Whatever keeps you coming back here, I am grateful for it because it is telling you to keep trying. I hope that whatever it takes- it doesn't have to be severe enough to cause you direct harm. Keep coming back!
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Magda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #405
Frankie

Hi all,

I think you are right Magie. I wouldn't be looking at this forum if I didn't want change.

I'm sick with a mild cold vegging out in front of the tv today, and saw another add for selling the book "Passages Malibu". I read an article by Mark Groubert of LA Weekly off of the site "addictioninfo.org", and found out it only costs $67,000 per mo. to go there. Cheap ain't it?

Anyone even thinking of going (or ordering the book) should read Mark's
article first. Seems the owner has a not so honest back ground... Just shows ta go ya some folks can sell ice to Escamo's.

If nothing else, it's a very interesting read. Thanks for checking on me you guy's! Hope things are going good for all.

Frank
Unread 10-12-2010, 10:49 PM   #406
R. Lee

Hang in there Frank. There is always hope if you want to work at it. Never give up.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #407
pubman1023

Default New to forum

Hi I'm new to this so an help i can get i will take thanks
pubman1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #408
CarlyO

Dear Frank,

If you are considering the doing something like an in patient or out patient route, there are less expensive and very reputable places to choose from. I know of 3 truly caring places that exist because of what the owners went through themselves.
But I understand what you are saying, there are places that are in it solely for the money.
It is wise imo- to research a place, program or support - but also maybe keep an open mind, there really are people /supports out there, even on this site that do what they do because they care and/or have been touched in some way by addiction /alcoholism.

I am sorry you are sick, it seems like everyone has the crud lately. In regards to your earlier posts about your recent alcohol consumption, how has your health been as a result ? Please do not hesitate to seek help if you need it.
Any thoughts on trying any of the supports listed previously ? Just curious.
Glad you are keeping us posted, I do worry when you go MIA.
Take care of your cold and your Health ! Carly
Unread 10-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #409
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubman1023 View Post
Hi I'm new to this so an help i can get i will take thanks
Welcome pub man,

By hanging out on this forum I was sober for a total of about 6 mo. If you want help, the nice folks here will help, but just hang out more than I do.

Frank
Unread 10-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #410
Frankie

Hi Carly, Lee, all,

Thanks for checking, and asking questions Carly. I haven't really tried anything at all. The only reason I brought up Pasages Malibu was that I thought about ordering their book, but did a search on the program/book and was shocked. READ the article at addictioninfo.org. He claims to have a success rate over 80%, thats BS, and trashes AA. He was a con and a thief never having a drug/alcohol problem, with a son that was (?) a junkie. Thanks guys,

Frank

PS Did I mention read the article? Also, is Vivatrol the wonder drug that ABC nightly news reported it is?
Unread 10-13-2010, 10:16 PM   #411
Saint

Frank,

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life....... why not start a new beginning? The choice is yours.

I wish you well Frank,
Saint
Unread 10-14-2010, 01:46 AM   #412
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Hi Frankie,

I've just been reading a few pages of the 9 here...there's a lot of love and concern for you.

Pardon me if I'm out of line or butting in on your thread, but I'm just wanting to share some hope with you.

AA doesn't have to be "the" solution for your drinking. AA and NA weren't my solutions...but they did help a lot in the beginning.

Belief in a higher power doesn't have to be "the" solution, either. I feel awkward saying that, as my beliefs are strong and sure. But that's about my sobriety.

If those things haven't worked for you, perhaps knowing that people here care about you, believe in you, and have walked your path...maybe these things will work for you?

Life clean and sober is really good! So many of us are living it and will never turn back. We have a strong desire to share it with others who struggle. We know that we didn't have to keep living that way...

And neither do you.

I truly hope you find what works for you to be free and sober. Even the sickest of us can find a life worth living...without alcohol or drugs.

I know it can be done...I was sick and I did it. I would be glad to support you as you find your way.

Have an awesome, blessed day,

-DHF
Dopeless Hope Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #413
CarlyO

Default WELCOME Pubman 1023 !

Dear Pubman ,

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am going to start your own thread so others will be able to see it and post to you.
Unread 10-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #414
Frankie

Thanks DHF Saint, Lee, Carly, all,

Taking in meetings is exactly what I need to do, just can't seem to force myself to do that first one. You were not butting in at all DHF, infact I liked very much what you had to say, and hope to hear more from you! You're right about the caliber of people on this forum in being top notch. Very nice folks here.

Frank
Unread 10-23-2010, 05:07 AM   #415
PrincessDi

Frankie The first step is the hardest and that will be the begining of a new life... And its wonderful....It took me a long time to realise that and i wouldn't change a thing now...Thinking of you all...Di

Just remember Frankie you are not alone on this journey we are there with you...One Day At A Time...
PrincessDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2010, 10:25 PM   #416
CarlyO

Hi Frank,
Glad you have received such great feedback. How was your weekend and how are you doing ??
Will write more later in the week, but wanted to check in with you. Take care, Carly
Unread 10-26-2010, 12:34 AM   #417
Frankie

Thanks Di and Carly,

Things are ok here I guess. Did you sell your joint Carly? I haven't. Thanks again for checking on me you guy's. Weekend was just another.

Frank
Unread 11-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #418
Magda

Hi Frankie-
Just seeing how things are going and how they went this weekend?? Hope you are well.
Unread 11-02-2010, 12:27 AM   #419
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magda View Post
Hi Frankie-
Just seeing how things are going and how they went this weekend?? Hope you are well.
Hi Magie,

Thanks for checking. Like I said above, one weekend is just about the same as the last one. I think you posted in the past that you had a child? Hope things are going ok your way.

Frank
Unread 11-04-2010, 11:29 PM   #420
Magda

Oh I am doing Ok, thanks. I just like to check in with everyone now and then- the online world has been good to me, I have made many lasting friendships this way. To me, people are more genuine online much of the time because they have no reason not to be- if anything most people like conversing online being able to take their masks off and be their true selves.
Anyway- take care of yourself. Glad to know you are well.
Unread 11-23-2010, 12:41 AM   #421
Frankie

Happy gain 5lbs. day to all! Thats a day i'm too busy eating like a pig to drink, but I know for a lot of people the holidays are the worst time of the year. Hope things are good for all, or at least tolerable. Have fun,

Frank
Unread 11-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #422
amy1

Hi Frank, I am new to this forum, actually im new to the whole journey, by the sounds of it you seem a little frustrated. I completely feel your pain, ive been there. I just recently started a new approach. I am on medication now, and just started coaching. So far its been amazing, it is so different from the whole 12 step thing. I do this in my home and i feel really confident about it! If you want to check it out heres the website debbiethecoach.com I just feel so liberated from this approach, I feel i need to pass it on. Take care
Unread 11-25-2010, 11:23 PM   #423
CarlyO

Hi Frank-

Happy Turkey Day to you too ! Glad to see you were to stuffed to imbibe : )

I had 2 T-giving meals today- will now waddle off to sleep !

Take Care! Carly
Unread 11-26-2010, 02:03 AM   #424
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlyO View Post
Hi Frank-

Happy Turkey Day to you too ! Glad to see you were to stuffed to imbibe : )

I had 2 T-giving meals today- will now waddle off to sleep !

Take Care! Carly
Your so funny Carly! Love,

Frank
Unread 11-26-2010, 02:07 AM   #425
Frankie

Quote:
Oh I am doing Ok, thanks. I just like to check in with everyone now and then- the online world has been good to me, I have made many lasting friendships this way. To me, people are more genuine online much of the time because they have no reason not to be- if anything most people like conversing online being able to take their masks off and be their true selves.
Anyway- take care of yourself. Glad to know you are well.
Hi Magie. Hope your ok.

Frank
Unread 11-26-2010, 02:18 AM   #426
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeless Hope Fiend View Post
Hi Frankie,

I've just been reading a few pages of the 9 here...there's a lot of love and concern for you.

Pardon me if I'm out of line or butting in on your thread, but I'm just wanting to share some hope with you.

AA doesn't have to be "the" solution for your drinking. AA and NA weren't my solutions...but they did help a lot in the beginning.

Belief in a higher power doesn't have to be "the" solution, either. I feel awkward saying that, as my beliefs are strong and sure. But that's about my sobriety.

If those things haven't worked for you, perhaps knowing that people here care about you, believe in you, and have walked your path...maybe these things will work for you?

Life clean and sober is really good! So many of us are living it and will never turn back. We have a strong desire to share it with others who struggle. We know that we didn't have to keep living that way...

And neither do you.

I truly hope you find what works for you to be free and sober. Even the sickest of us can find a life worth living...without alcohol or drugs.

I know it can be done...I was sick and I did it. I would be glad to support you as you find your way.

Have an awesome, blessed day,

-DHF
Hi DHF. You still sober?

Frank
Unread 11-26-2010, 10:13 PM   #427
Frankie

Quote:
Your so funny Carly! Love,

Frank
Hi again Carly. I've been emailing family a lot, and am used to saying love, frank, so that explains the love above. Almost did that emailing a high school buddy! Don't want your husband or my wife comming after me with a shotgun. Ha!

Frank
Unread 11-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #428
CarlyO

Quote:
Hi again Carly. I've been emailing family a lot, and am used to saying love, frank, so that explains the love above. Almost did that emailing a high school buddy! Don't want your husband or my wife comming after me with a shotgun. Ha!

Frank
LOL - NO problem Frank, and no shotguns here, I know what you mean, I am surprised I have not inadvertently done the same thing !

Not to speak for DHF but she posts regularly on the stimulant forum and is doing well.

Hope you got that link to work, admin posted it again for you, I don't know what I do wrong with posting links sometimes- anyway imo it is very helpful info.

How did you manage the rest of the holiday?
Take care, Carly
Unread 11-28-2010, 10:51 PM   #429
Frankie

Quote:
LOL - NO problem Frank, and no shotguns here, I know what you mean, I am surprised I have not inadvertently done the same thing !

Not to speak for DHF but she posts regularly on the stimulant forum and is doing well.

Hope you got that link to work, admin posted it again for you, I don't know what I do wrong with posting links sometimes- anyway imo it is very helpful info.

How did you manage the rest of the holiday?
Take care, Carly
Hi carly,

I feel bad about getting after any 1. AA has done a lot of good being a not for profit thing, and I got a little mad. I hope she is doing good in spite of me. I really hope she is doing well. Carly, you are a rose.

Frank
Unread 11-29-2010, 06:05 PM   #430
R. Lee

Frank, I work the 12 step program. It does not work for everyone. There are other ways to get sober. For me the only thing that has worked is my 12 step program.

Yes we have to be careful what we say here to the new commer.

It is amy1 choice to come back here.

I'm glad that you still post. Someday it might just work for you. Be safe & careful.
Unread 11-30-2010, 03:12 PM   #431
CarlyO

Quote:
Hi carly,

I feel bad about getting after any 1. AA has done a lot of good being a not for profit thing, and I got a little mad. I hope she is doing good in spite of me. I really hope she is doing well. Carly, you are a rose.

Frank
HI Frank,

I think we were all a little unclear on the link, as I posted to Amy, I think she maybe found something that sounded good for her and wanted to share it.

BUT, also I have seen it here and other forums, where there have been instances when organizations use forums to get their info out there.
Admin usually catches it before it is an issue as they work diligently to educate and provide helpful, evidence based support /info at least that is what I have seen over the years.

I do get subscriptions via email but I am just leery of clicking any link- so I usually just google if it something I am not familiar with, unless it comes from this site.

Hopefully Amy will be back and is doing well. I think the most important thing is to keep an open mind, remembering the goal is to find what works for you/me, that will lead us to remission- that is our goal - yes?

It was nice of you post what you did above.
Hang in there Frank ! take care, Carly
Unread 12-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #432
Magda

Hi Frankie-
Hope you are doing well. I wanted to touch base with you on the treatment conversation that was posted a little while back. When you are searching for alcohol addiction treatment it can be quite overwhelming. There are so many choices, most of them are not feasible for the average under-insured person. In my opinion the best place to begin the search would be with non-profit agencies such as United Way, Catholic Charities, Recovery Resources. You could do a internet search for "non-profit addiction treatment" in your area and see what comes up. Many of them offer discounted treatment options- there may be waiting lists, but the idea is to shop around. There is a wealth of services out there, you just need to know where to look.
I hope you are well - let us know how you are doing!
Unread 12-17-2010, 01:56 PM   #433
Frankie

Quote:
Hi Frankie-
Hope you are doing well. I wanted to touch base with you on the treatment conversation that was posted a little while back. When you are searching for alcohol addiction treatment it can be quite overwhelming. There are so many choices, most of them are not feasible for the average under-insured person. In my opinion the best place to begin the search would be with non-profit agencies such as United Way, Catholic Charities, Recovery Resources. You could do a internet search for "non-profit addiction treatment" in your area and see what comes up. Many of them offer discounted treatment options- there may be waiting lists, but the idea is to shop around. There is a wealth of services out there, you just need to know where to look.
I hope you are well - let us know how you are doing!

Hi Magie,

I never thought about the non profit thing other than AA. It's funny how the gym's and AA fill up after the holidays, and my brain as usual is telling me the old "lets quit drinking after new years" thing, but I know it doesn't work. I know that I need to hit that first meeting. I have trouble with that god thing, but that shouldn't keep me away. Hope things are going well for you and all on this forum, and you all have a good Christmas. Thanks,

Frank
Unread 12-17-2010, 11:08 PM   #434
R. Lee

Frank, It is not a God program. It is a spiritual program. I don't know what my Higher Power is, but I know by looking into the night sky that a human didn't create it. Hence Higher Power.
I know that God is mentioned all the time & we say the Lords prayer at the end of the meeting, but I just go along with that. I take away from the meeting what I want & leave the rest. I try to keep it simple one day at a time.
Unread 12-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #435
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Lee View Post
Frank, It is not a God program. It is a spiritual program. I don't know what my Higher Power is, but I know by looking into the night sky that a human didn't create it. Hence Higher Power.
I know that God is mentioned all the time & we say the Lords prayer at the end of the meeting, but I just go along with that. I take away from the meeting what I want & leave the rest. I try to keep it simple one day at a time.
Hi Lee,

Thanks for the advice again. I was thinking sort of on the same lines as you described in that I can take what I want and let the rest go. Just being around people who have drinking problems, and have stoped no matter how is a good thing I think, not to mention they are in every city.

I look in the sky and think of the "big bang theory", stuff from school, reading, and the history channel etc. Thats just the way i'm made. It's interesting that the thought about quitting on new years comes into my mind, and knowing it doesn't work. It's just a green light to drink now and pay later. It did work for smoking 6 yrs. ago, but I just switched from cigarettes to smokeless tobacco.

Frank
Unread 12-18-2010, 09:53 PM   #436
AbbyNormal

Hey Frank,

I didn't read a lot of the messages in this thread but with the ones I did, a common theme seems to play out. And that is it appears people consider AA as going to meetings. That is the least of it. Remember, it started with two people and grew from there.

If one reads the Big Book, it explains the 12 steps and how to achieve sobriety through working them.

I tried with AA for almost a decade and couldn't stay sober for more than 90 days. Then when I finally hit my bottom and surrendered, it all changed. Once I worked the steps I was able to stay sober. And I fall into the Atheist category too so the steps seemed to be enough.

Just wanted to throw that in there. It's not the personalities that keep you sober, it's the program itself.

My name is Tom, and I'm an alcoholic.....common garden variety type.

AbbyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2010, 09:55 PM   #437
AbbyNormal

But then AA is not for everyone anyway!

Unread 12-19-2010, 12:28 PM   #438
R. Lee

Tom, I agree AA is not the only way to get sober.
I came to the program as an Atheist. I struggled with the spiritual part of the program for several years. Looking into the sky one night I realized that a human did not create this. Hence there is a Higher Power other that the human being. What my Higher Power is I can't describe. Now I can work the steps. The only step I have to work 100% is the 1st. The other we seek progress not perfection.
Tom how do you work the steps being an Atheist? Thanks, R. Lee
Unread 12-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #439
AbbyNormal

Maybe Atheist is the wrong word although I did read that chapter before the others. Just have a tough time with the "God" part. I used the group as my higher power and that seemed to work. You only have to be willing, not completely accept it.

I do pray most everyday but still wonder if it's for real or not. With AA, just trying is good enough to stay sober.

Unread 12-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #440
R. Lee

Tom, You are in the same boat as me. I get on my knees at night & say thanks for another 24. In the morning I ask for guidance
Unread 12-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #441
AbbyNormal

R. Lee,

I haven't taken a drink since '87. What sunk my boat was pain killers, ergo, why I'm on this forum.

Tried to go back to meetings but I guess I wasn't ready. Terrible thing to know all about your own addictive behavior and still end up addicted. Tried for years to get clean and ended up on Suboxone. I'm still in recovery trying to get some time under my belt so my mind will stop telling me I need a reward when I get home from work.

For now I'm weaning down and hopefully will be completely off by mid next year or sooner. Now I'm back in meetings and it's good. Met some nice new people.

What about you? Going to meetings?

Tom

Unread 12-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #442
R. Lee

Tom. My best to you & hope you make it.

I go to several meetings a week. I can't do it by myself.
Unread 12-21-2010, 10:35 AM   #443
Saint

Frank,

Happy holidays to you and your family Frank. Wishing you and your loved ones the best!

Saint
Unread 12-22-2010, 12:40 AM   #444
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Frank,

Happy holidays to you and your family Frank. Wishing you and your loved ones the best!

Saint
Hi Saint,

Same to ya and hope things are ok your way. Still like the new house, and working your a%% off on it? Things ok with the X and your girl? Thinking about dating at all yet? Like all these questions thrown at you? Ha! Take care,

Frank
Unread 12-22-2010, 01:01 AM   #445
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyNormal View Post
Hey Frank,

I didn't read a lot of the messages in this thread but with the ones I did, a common theme seems to play out. And that is it appears people consider AA as going to meetings. That is the least of it. Remember, it started with two people and grew from there.

If one reads the Big Book, it explains the 12 steps and how to achieve sobriety through working them.

I tried with AA for almost a decade and couldn't stay sober for more than 90 days. Then when I finally hit my bottom and surrendered, it all changed. Once I worked the steps I was able to stay sober. And I fall into the Atheist category too so the steps seemed to be enough.

Just wanted to throw that in there. It's not the personalities that keep you sober, it's the program itself.

My name is Tom, and I'm an alcoholic.....common garden variety type.
Hi Tom,

24 yrs. without drinking is nothing to sneeze at, and going to AA without the God thing interests me a lot. Getting to that first meeting is the hard one for me. I'm too picky in that I want to find a truly closed meeting with a lot of old timers who share from the heart, with a minimun of flashy show off wonders. I know, thats asking too much. Thanks,

Frank
Unread 12-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #446
Saint

Quote:
Hi Saint,

Same to ya and hope things are ok your way. Still like the new house, and working your a%% off on it? Things ok with the X and your girl? Thinking about dating at all yet? Like all these questions thrown at you? Ha! Take care,

Frank

Frank,
Hi, good to hear from you! Things are OK here Frank, thanks for asking. The questions lol, here goes:
I like the house but no am not working my a%% of on it yet. Many things I would like to do but haven't......I don't think I've mentally committed myself to living here...Things are still good between me and my ex. We have both placed the interests of our daughter first so she seems to be adjusting to the big changes in her live as well as can be expected. She is doing well in school, enjoys her sports activities, currently basketball and has told her track coach I will not beat her in the mile in the spring! I've still been running and am not up to 4 miles, but not yet at my daughter's pace : )
I did date a very nice woman for a while during the summer but it was too soon for me. I still have some work to do on myself and my daughter is my priority for the forseeable future. I am not in any rush to jump back into a relationship..... : )
I don't mind the questions Frank!

You take care of yourself Frank and stay positive. Enjoy the holidays,
Saint!
Unread 12-22-2010, 06:43 PM   #447
R. Lee

Frank, Thanks for checking it. I hope you have a wonderful Holiday season.

How is your health holding up?
Unread 12-23-2010, 12:25 AM   #448
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Lee View Post
Frank, Thanks for checking it. I hope you have a wonderful Holiday season.

How is your health holding up?
Hi Lee,

Thanks for asking. It's ok I guess. I have to watch it not to drink too much. I noticed if I don't use smokeless tobacco I have no problems at all, but that is a tough one to quit. Have a good Christmas Lee!

Frank
Unread 01-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #449
CarlyO

Hi Frank - Happy New Year !

I was catching up on your thread - wow this is some good stuff, lots to think about, good discussion.
I hope you are doing well - I was thinking of you all while I was MIA ; )
I know the holidays are not always the easiest of times for a lot of us. Anywoo- I just wanted to say hello.

Take care, Carly
Unread 01-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #450
Frankie

Quote:
Hi Frank - Happy New Year !

I was catching up on your thread - wow this is some good stuff, lots to think about, good discussion.
I hope you are doing well - I was thinking of you all while I was MIA ; )
I know the holidays are not always the easiest of times for a lot of us. Anywoo- I just wanted to say hello.

Take care, Carly
Hi Carly,

Thanks for checking on me. It seems so weird that it's been a year since you were on the computer on xmas morning posting. Where did the time go?

Of course I feel wonderful after drinking last night. I have a friend that drinks a lot, and when I talk to him the next day after a long nights drinking, I ask him if when he wakes up does he ask himself if he's glad he drank the night before? Ha!

Thinking about going to a speaker meeting next weekend. They have some in a city not too far from me. At least I can kick back and listen and learn which is what I wanted to do when I used to go to meetings. I can hear myself talk any time I want to, but my wonderful thinking (just kidding) got me to meetings in the first place.

Hope things are going well for you Carly. Take care,

Frank