Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 06-07-2006, 10:20 PM   #1
bobsled

Default Sweating as Side Effect?

Hi All Been a while since I postd, into 3rd month at 16 mg, doing great.. but...several times a day, at least 4, I start to feel very warm and start to perspire. It lasts a couple of minutes, not running a fever (I checked) then goes away.
Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance for any responses.
bobsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2006, 10:34 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

bobsled, Here's an older topic on sweating, with a link to topic in that one too that might be of interest in the meantime.
http://www.naabt.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=488
Nancy
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2006, 10:38 PM   #3
Brett

bobsled,
I am at day 75 on 12mg everyday since I started at least once I have a hot flash, and break out in a sweat. Sometimes its embarrassing.
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2006, 10:46 PM   #4
bobsled

thanks for quick repsonses. Really appreciate it. Glad to know I'm not losing it (more than usual anyway)[8D]
bobsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2006, 11:51 PM   #5
Stacey

I must admit that I have the hot flashes during the day...I suddenly get very warm and feel flushed and sometime even break out in a sweat. I mentioned this on another post tonight, but i have night sweats, too. Not as bad at the beginning but still noticably.
Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2006, 03:14 AM   #6
Funk

Nightly night sweats for me. Very romantic!
Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2006, 07:31 AM   #7
RemissionRocks

Romantic... lol. I don't really notice all that much perspiration on the suboxone. I sure did on the methadone though.
RemissionRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2006, 08:43 AM   #8
leesie

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bobsled

Hi All Been a while since I postd, into 3rd month at 16 mg, doing great.. but...several times a day, at least 4, I start to feel very warm and start to perspire. It lasts a couple of minutes, not running a fever (I checked) then goes away.
Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance for any responses.
j]]]I bobled
the sweatl.s suck big tim. I startd Tusday with the induction of 4 subs., went back 1 hour later,he have me 2 more =8 That night had terribel sweats, you know th kind where you have to change your pjs and underwear 3-4x night. Today I go to raise it up to 12, felt much better that day one, which i was experiencing depression. irritation, sleepy an wanting to use stil. Day 2, today, raised be to 12. Felt even better thr out the day. The sweats will show when I'm sleeping, so I'll know tomorow. He said I should hae any sweats at al and would mean upping the sub to 16, which is fine with me. Anything to get away from the horrible sweats. He thinks16 will be my max, though, with no plans on tappering down for at lease 5-6 months, if then. Fine with me. Any thoughts on you end?
leesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2006, 08:45 AM   #9
leesie

For some reason I can't write tonight, feel like i'm high. Its taking me forever to write. Not like me. I'm a great typer usuallyl
leesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2006, 12:28 PM   #10
glimmertwin

I'm a hot-flashing broad all day and all night long. I know a lot of mine is due to that lovely thing called menopause, or pre-menopause, whatever. But the sub has certainly added to it I do believe.

But, I also did that with tons of hydrocodone.

Sheryl
glimmertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2006, 10:48 PM   #11
Stacey

leesie~

When I started sub I couldn't type for several days and I'm a good typer, too. I think my brain/hand coordination was all fudged up. I was on multiple types of drugs and that was another BIG factor. Are you on opiates only or other families, too???
Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2006, 11:28 PM   #12
WENDY92040

Thank God...... I am 39 and I have 1 yr. old baby (my first and only) I swear I thought maybe I was still having some kind of post partam issue or even worse... early menopause!!! So I am not crazy or hormonal! I get hot flashes about 20 minutes after my dose. Thanks for clearing this up for me!
WENDY92040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 07:09 PM   #13
FREEBIRD61

Thought this would be a could post to bring up, I suffer from the hot flashes and its not fun. I thought I was going thru menopause again but from reading this old post I know its from the sub. just be curious how many are having the same effect. INTERESTING!!!! Also I've been having them from the beginning and I'm down to just 3mg. now and still experiencing them. Take care FREEBIRD61
FREEBIRD61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 08:12 PM   #14
lookingup

I am down to 1.5mg and still get them as bad as when I was on 12mg. They come and go. Almost thought they had left this past month, but the last few days I wake up several times a nite drenched. Not nearly as bad during the day, beats me??? PITA, but I will live, be glad when I get off this stuff though. BTW, I used to get them on hydro, but not as regularly, guess it's an opie thing.
lookingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2007, 04:58 AM   #15
Sandy23

take cool showers , meaning u can start out with hot water but at the end turn it down to cool. i wear white t's cause other t's are too heavy. the biggest thing is the cool showers, also when u dry off use a hair dryer on ur body that helps me alot to dry myself totally , use it on cool or warm. but that will alevate most of the sweats. the biggest thing is the clothing. wear cool clothing like light shirts that can breathe, and light shorts or jeans. dont overdo it.
Sandy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2007, 05:21 AM   #16
dober1

Mitchums.....fragrance free puh-lease.thank you.
dober1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2007, 06:58 PM   #17
sweetbaby1231

Ok. my boyfriend has major sweating issues...we have to wash the sheets almost daily. We even bought a cover for the mattress (you know, one you would buy for your kids if they wet the bed). He soaks everything. When he gets out of the shower, even when taking a cool one....he sweats.
sweetbaby1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2007, 06:58 PM   #18
sweetbaby1231

Ok. my boyfriend has major sweating issues...we have to wash the sheets almost daily. We even bought a cover for the mattress (you know, one you would buy for your kids if they wet the bed). He soaks everything. When he gets out of the shower, even when taking a cool one....he sweats.
sweetbaby1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2007, 11:25 PM   #19
flowers

I'm 44 and started on HRT a month or so before sub. So I don't know which one is causing all this sweating--the peri-menopause or the sub? The sweating was always the ONE THING I HATED MOST about withdrawing!! At least this feels like a "healthy" sweat if there is such a thing. And it has gone down since I went from 24 mgs to 16mgs/day.
Sandra A.
I'd like to know if there's anyone on a high dose that DOESN'T sweat??
flowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2007, 11:25 PM   #20
flowers

I'm 44 and started on HRT a month or so before sub. So I don't know which one is causing all this sweating--the peri-menopause or the sub? The sweating was always the ONE THING I HATED MOST about withdrawing!! At least this feels like a "healthy" sweat if there is such a thing. And it has gone down since I went from 24 mgs to 16mgs/day.
Sandra A.
I'd like to know if there's anyone on a high dose that DOESN'T sweat??
Unread 10-31-2007, 11:46 PM   #21
Dreadhead

Dreadhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2007, 11:46 PM   #22
Dreadhead

Dreadhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2007, 11:50 PM   #23
Pearl

Hi Sandra, I'm close to your age, a little older, and I do not sweat unless exercising, hard. When I was on the other opiates however, I sweat all the time.

Elizabeth ;}
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2007, 11:50 PM   #24
Pearl

Hi Sandra, I'm close to your age, a little older, and I do not sweat unless exercising, hard. When I was on the other opiates however, I sweat all the time.

Elizabeth ;}
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2007, 12:18 AM   #25
gratefulgirl

Same here, no sweating on sub and TONS of it on the pills. I have been thinking that this is one of the best bonuses of tx...no sweating! I actually wake up in the night and THINK about how wonderful it is that i am NOT sweating and having to get up and change pj's and sheets, etc. I hope it lasts??!
gratefulgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2007, 01:28 AM   #26
flowers

That's so strange. I never sweat on the pills, of course I was 5 years younger when I was taking the heavy doses of pills. So maybe it is the peri-menopause... who knows...I just hope it stops when I take my next drop to 8 mgs. Thanks ladies, Sandra A.
Unread 11-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #27
Fish

Just thought I would put my vote in here for sweating. I definitely do but it seems to be getting better. Yes and sometimes it is very embarrassing. I'll be sitting at the computer and bam... HOTFLASH! I am sure it is the sub because it never happened before except while taking the hydros.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2007, 12:09 AM   #28
sweetnicci24

I also have a problem w/ excessive sweating since I have been on Suboxone and I also done the same thing while I was on Methadone Treatment. I probably drive my family CRAZY when I say that it is way too hot in our house while everyone else is just about freezing to death!!

HeatherNicole24
sweetnicci24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2007, 02:41 AM   #29
Sandy23

im still running the ac here and it gets to 30 at nite . lol anyhow dry off with a hair dryer after a shower. meaning dry ur body off with it. dont use excessive heat , i use mine on cool air. also the white t's help alot. i prob have 30 white light t's that i wear all the time.
Sandy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2007, 02:51 AM   #30
Fish

ah Mikells your like me cause you love the cold! Just curling up in a big old comforter while you can see your breath is a miracle.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote