Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 12-01-2015, 03:35 PM   #1
Another day down

Default What's up?

New to all this, trying to get my life right. At the doc right now. Been on silicone for going on the months now. It seems to be working, but all I can think about is the end game.
Another day down is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2015, 06:25 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Welcome Another day down. If you can, try to concentrate on the here and now and not project too far into the future. Are you going to counseling or any support groups? Getting help is the huge first step, you should be proud of yourself for taking it!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2015, 12:38 AM   #3
jimash55

Default Another daydown

Welcome friend and it is good news that you are on your way to a new life..and that is what recovery is all about. I hope things went well at your Dr. appointment and that you are feelin ok. Please keep us posted and stay focused on what your doing..it's worth it!
jimash55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2016, 03:44 PM   #4
Another day down

No, I haven't done any counseling. Yet. To busy working to support my family. My wife is my rock that has been with me through this whole situation.
Unread 01-26-2016, 03:49 PM   #5
Another day down

Pain pills was my vice. For only weighing 150 lbs, I was up to 10 to 15 Ocy 80s a day. Don't ask how I'm still alive. Good I guess has a plan for me. It got that bad because I flew under the radar, cause I've kept the same job. Went to work dope sick. Never missed. My wife and kids count on me for everything. I can't go back, gotta make up for my ignorance
Unread 02-01-2016, 03:32 PM   #6
jimash55

Default Gret!

Thanks for the update and letting us get to know more about you. Your very fortunate( and lucky ) to have kept your job and most importantly your family. I don't know about you but once I got my head on halfway straight and had some recovery under my belt I started to feel the guilt and shame about my past and the crap I put my family through. Sound familiar? While all that is true I had to take a step back and get rid of all that crap because it could interfere with my recovery. You can never undue the past my friend...accept it and move on and from today here on out live today as if it was your last... your family is seeing your progress as mine did and they love you...treat them well but never forget that you have to take care of you 1st...and that is mandatory! You put them first and you second is not good...sounds crazy and mean but it's true!! Take care and stay strong!
2 Users Say Thank You to jimash55 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-01-2016), Thank You (01-08-2017)
Unread 02-23-2016, 04:58 AM   #7
Roadtorecovery

I'm see how blessed I am to have such a supportive family, my mom was calling around to doctors , and they all understand. And the best part is lately I have had more than a few chances to get my hands on pain meds. But I haven't. In fact my wife has stopped locking up her pain medicines. It's so good to watch her grab her bottle and not have my heart racing , wondering if she will notice if there are pills missing
Roadtorecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Roadtorecovery For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-23-2016)
Unread 02-23-2016, 03:32 PM   #8
Another day down

My wife is amazing for sticking with me thru all the lying. I never stole for my addiction, but lied my ass off about where money went to, or not saying anything about money I've made off of side work. I'm sure glad she sees something in me that I don't. It just sucks to know we shoulder be well off of I wasn't having to dig myself out of this hole. I sometimes wonder if I should hole myself up somewhere for however long it takes to get off of suboxone strips. I'd defiantly get fired from my job. I just have to be caught up on everything and have a little saved up, so my wife can take care of things. Five kids aren't cheap.
Unread 02-24-2016, 07:16 AM   #9
morphing

AnotherDayDown,

I can understand your feeling of wanting to be off of Suboxone, but I think your timing or approach may not be the best. Suboxone prevents the withdrawal symptoms and suppresses the cravings for your drug of choice, and allows you to stabilize and rebuild your life. Once things are stable and grounded in your life, and you've worked through the underlying issues that caused you to abuse in the first place, then you can begin a slow, steady taper off of Suboxone.

Thanks,
Morphing
morphing is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Say Thank You to morphing For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-29-2016), Thank You (02-24-2016), Thank You (02-24-2016)
Unread 08-09-2016, 04:21 PM   #10
Another day down

Default When.

Still in the process of identifying my triggers. I'm pretty sure my employers are a big one. Back when I was zooming off pills, they loved me. I worked day and night. Didn't care what the job was, I just did it, even though I was higher than a kite. I don't know how it went unnoticed add long as it did.
Unread 08-10-2016, 06:34 AM   #11
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Another day down, have you thought about looking around to see if there are any jobs out there you could apply for? Or can you change things there so you're not working as many hours?

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 12-27-2016, 03:45 PM   #12
Another day down

This site is a little hard to find your threads, either that or I'm just a little slow on figuring web sites out. I figured it's not the latter. Been working my butt of as usual. Picked up a subcontracting gig besides my usual 9 to 5. Or more like 7 to 6. Was able to spoil my babies rotten this Christmas. Even though it pissed family members off. But I was told to spoil them now because before I know it, they'll be picking out my nursing home. Things have been going good for the most part. Got 5 healthy kids, a solid wife that holds it down, and work is looking good for the first time in a long while. As long as I can stop spending money on tools and games and on sh!t we don't need at the moment, I'll be good. But for the first time in a while I can breath....
Unread 12-28-2016, 08:15 AM   #13
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Another day down, if you click on your username, then statistics, you can then click on posts or threads you've made. That should help in finding things.

Glad to hear things are going well for you and you had a good Christmas. Happy New Year to you and your family!

Nancy
Unread 01-24-2017, 03:46 PM   #14
Another day down

Things seem to be getting better, life wise. Been working 7 days a week and nights. Getting so much side work I passed up a couple. And that's not like me. I have to find time to spend with the family though. I miss the hell out of them. When I get home, they're in bed already and my wife is close to it. 5 kids definitely take it out of her. But I feel I'm making up for my addiction well the money I spent on it. Trying to give my family what they deserve. Wanting to stop taking Suboxone but I feel I'm not mentally ready. The price always inching upwards cause them crooks know the got you by the short and curlys. I don't know. But I do know, things are good right now.
One User Says Thank You to Another day down For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-02-2017)
Unread 01-25-2017, 06:20 AM   #15
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Another day down, thanks for stopping by. I'm glad things are getting better. Wow, you really are working a lot. If you can, maybe take a day or half day off to just hang out with your family. Sometimes that's more important than the money, especially since you miss them so much. As for stopping Suboxone, I think you'll know when you are ready. Have you reduced your dose at all since starting? Depending on what you started at and what dose you're at now, could be something to think about - but only if you're ready.

Again, thanks for checking in!

Nancy
Unread 03-02-2017, 01:02 AM   #16
robbdawg30

Your on the right path you just gotta keep pushing and staying honest with your self I know with me it feels so good to be honest and free and it keeps me striving for better. ...
robbdawg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to robbdawg30 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-02-2017)
Unread 03-30-2017, 10:31 AM   #17
Pookie2017

Hi Another day down, glad to know your doing good. Stay on the Suboxone untill you think you are mentally ready. I'm on my second try with Suboxone because I stopped before I was ready for a job. I didn't get the job and ended up back where I started.
Pookie2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Pookie2017 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-30-2017)
Unread 04-02-2017, 09:58 PM   #18
jimash55

Default Another Day Down

...I been around a while and it amazes me that once people get a little time under their belt they want to get off Suboxone and it usually ends up bad!! I really don't know you but I can tell your sincere and that your really doing well- you better think this over real good because your life depends on it..
One User Says Thank You to jimash55 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-02-2017)