Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 02-23-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
DARKEYES

Question forgetting....

First off...I missed all of you...computer problems CRASH..but God gave me the little bit of wisdom I needed to repair reformat install memory cards etc...But that's not why I'm here..
Has anyone ever forgotten to take their medication until hours after one usually does? I have and I'm not worried about it, in its stead I'm thrilled because it's so very wonderful to wake up NOT SICK. I just was curious if this has happened to anyone else. AND SIX MONTHS thanks to this site. I am forever grateful.
Unread 02-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
toms

I've occasionally forgotten, or been doing something that caused me to dose at a later time than normal. Its no big deal for me. The best way I know to be consistent with my meds is simply to develop a routine. I always take mine in the mornings which is a wide window. AFAIK, any time during the day is fine for most.
Thank You (02-25-2010)
Unread 02-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
OhioMike

Hi Darkeyes, nice to see ya!

I forget all the time. If I forget, I simply don't take it until the next day. However, this has gone on now with me for a couple of years and I have been on a very small dose for a couple of years. So each situation is different.

Forgetting is a good sign because it demonstrates that the person is placing less importance on the medication and that is the whole idea! As we progress not only do we want to lower our daily dose, but, the medication should really be a after thought, not a important part of our daily deal.

So congratulations on forgetting!

Mike
Thank You (02-25-2010)
Unread 02-24-2010, 07:46 AM   #4
deanna

Ill ditto that OMike! Congrats Darkeyes!
Unread 02-25-2010, 12:49 AM   #5
amandaG

yea there is no way i could forget, i just can't imagine being tapered off right now or any annd i have been on them for 2 years
amandaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 08:08 AM   #6
Boxer

I used to forget to take it when I was in any unusual routine. Like camping or on vacation or staying with family. Then I would be distracted by other things and forget. On a regular basis, I did not usually forget but I wasn't obssessed by it either. The time would vary a little like before leaving for work vs being at work or taking right after work versus before bed.
Boxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 08:22 AM   #7
DARKEYES

I wasn't really concerned, I know the medication has a long half life, but on occasion I would forget and then it would pop into my head, "you forgot"...Thank you everyone for your comments, and for being here. I spoke to my doc yesterday about a taper and he told me not to even think about in this early in my treatment, he's right, w/ the plethora of medical problems that beguile me, I should not have to worry about being tapered just yet. And for once I agreed with him
Unread 02-26-2010, 10:15 PM   #8
jekmimi

After struggling with opiate dependency for nearly 30 years, I am not ready to quit Suboxone OR my beloved MD. I, however, know when I'm late for my dosage---I start to feel "boxed in" (I don't know how to express the feeling)--kind of upset and antsy and frightened. OhioMike and amandaG, how are you able to still be on Sub after such a long time??? I have only been on it since last Aug., but am already frightened that my MD might suggest weaning off of it. Granted, he has not said anything about it---in fact, at my visit this past Tues., he said for me to tell my ins. co. that my chances of relapse are high if I were to not have my Suboxone. I want to feel this good for a long, long time~~and if that means staying on Suboxone, then that's what I hope happens, but how will I know? How will my doctor know and how can I convince him to keep me on it?? BTW, I take my doses at 6, 12 and 6 and this works so well for me. I'm on a very "even keel" and I don't want anything to rock my boat!!! Love to all!
jekmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #9
DARKEYES

Quote:
boxer said: I wasn't obssessed by it
I think that said it all...not being obsessed by when or what time to take it. Just the waking up feeling "normal" makes me happy, I think that's why I forget sometimes. I never feel sick, queasy or have chills. Now if I forget to take my other meds: b/p, heart..etc etc...then I feel quite ill, a raging headache, elevated heart rate all that crap. Though I try to take it at an approximate time every day, it doesn't always work out that way. Thanks everyone for your input
Unread 03-06-2010, 10:09 AM   #10
toms

I can't imagine forgetting to take my dose. Early in treatment, I had the bright idea that I would stop taking it for 3 days as I had some oxycodone I wanted to cheat with. What I found was that it was no big deal going without, but once I de-stabilized, simply re-starting the meds Did not take me back to normal quickly. For me, its like walking out on a limb....by the time I'd realize things weren't right, it took a long time to get back to a comfort zone.