Addiction Survivors

Notices

View Poll Results: How did you find us? (This helps us know how to best reach people)
My Doctor or counselor referred me 439 24.08%
Referred by friend or family member 59 3.24%
Referred by Suboxone.com or HereToHelp Program 300 16.46%
Radio/TV ad 11 0.60%
Bus/subway/Billboard ad 1 0.05%
Internet search 924 50.69%
other 89 4.88%
Voters: 1823. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 01-18-2011, 01:11 AM   #51
Diane2011

Cherokee, I found a doctor through the Patient/Physician match. I am still taking about 80 mg Hydos a day. I didn't think a doctor would reply since I live so far out in the country, but I got 2 reply's in 2 days. I have to drive about 35 miles (into town). I think it's worth it!
As far as the money for docor and rx I decided to sell (pawn) some jewelry, including my class ring. I wont get much, but enough to make me HEALTHY! That is more important to me at the moment than anything!
This addiction is sooo horrlble that I havn't seen my mother(84 years old) in 10 months because she lives 5 states away and I'm afraid to travel because I won't have be able to get drugs there.
Try the Patient/Physician Match and do what you have to to get help - I can't wait! I SAID BEFORE THOUGH - I AM VERY AFRAID -- Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope we can be well again. Diane2011
Diane2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #52
Sub-Zero

Hi Diane2011,
Pawning things is a good way to get started with treatment, because for most people its just that first few months that they need help with and then once stable they can get a job (or second job) and pay for the treatment but that first appointment can be tough to get the money for, pawning is a great way to do it.
welcome to AS
Sub
Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #53
treyl2002

Hello to all!!! I am new to all of this so everyone bare with me. I am on Day #69 of Week #10 of living addiction free, and I have never felt better!! I am 27 years old and have been using/abusing drugs since I was 18 years old.
treyl2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 01:09 AM   #54
sammy79

Hello Everyone, I received this information from my doctor in one of my recent visits with him. I am very glad to have found a website that has all these great tools, useful & helpful information along with a community of people that are using this medication as well. I look forward to reading everyone posts and getting to know everyone as we all take this journey "One day at a time".
sammy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 08:25 AM   #55
NancyB
Administrator

Hi treyl2002 and sammy79, welcome! Hope to hear more from you. Feel free to start a thread and let us know a little about yourself or join in some of the conversations.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #56
bebe522

I have been on subs this time since 09/14/2010. 90% of the time i have no cravings for opiates or alcohol. I'm seeing a therapist twice a month and my doctor just switched me to monthly visits from q2wks. I take 16mgs a day and that works great for me. The first time i was on subs was 8 years ago...just long enough to detox from the hydros and oxys ect....i went right back to using cause the whdls never went away. I need the subs to stay clean and live a happy life. It's NOT switching one drug for another...I don't get "high"...I just feel "normal" and able to get through life making good decisions and having good judgement.
bebe522 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Say Thank You to bebe522 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-30-2013), Thank You (02-12-2011), Thank You (02-06-2011)
Unread 02-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #57
KGON

Thank u for excepting me I real could use some help with my problems.
KGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 11:57 PM   #58
LilMama908

Default New

Thank you for making this website! I cannot express my gratitude.
Unread 03-31-2011, 05:37 PM   #59
Botchedbacksurgery

Thank you
Botchedbacksurgery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #60
pinky007

THat helped out alot on some of my questions about this same issue. THanks alot....
pinky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2011, 08:08 PM   #61
bigelmr

well this is my first time on this web site... i have been reading alot of posts and it looks like we all have something in common... i use to love opanas.... i use to think they made the world go around until i couldnt get them anymore and starting having withdraws... probably the worst thing i have ever been through,... well i guess i will browse through this web site and see what it has to offer..
bigelmr is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to bigelmr For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-27-2011)
Unread 04-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #62
stephendude

Hi everyone I am a new kid on the block. Before I go any further, did this message get posted? Really sorry, very, very nervous.
stephendude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #63
Retread

Smile

I am really happy to find this site. I am hoping that since I am new to this computer stuff, I can figure out how to do everything. Sometimes I don't get to spend alot of time on the PC, since my husband is obsessed and wants to be on here all the time. We both have been in out of recovery for almost 22 years now, however are doing better...(Thank God for Suboxone)! I am excited to be able to get some help and advice online, can't wait to get into the conversations. Please bear with me as I am still learning this PC stuff!
Thanks so much!
Retread....

So happy to be here!
Thanks alot!
Retread...........

I absolutly know how you feel, and am wondering if my messages are getting posted also....
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephendude View Post
Hi everyone I am a new kid on the block. Before I go any further, did this message get posted? Really sorry, very, very nervous.
Retread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #64
NancyB
Administrator

Hi stephendude and Retread, yes, if you can read your messages, then they have been posted.

What you might think about doing is starting a new thread so that it will be more visible to everyone. To do that, go here:
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...splay.php?f=81 and click on the grey "New Thread" button.

Welcome to you both, look forward to hearing more from you.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 05-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #65
stephendude

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephendude View Post
Hi I am new to this site although I have read hundreds of blogs that have helped me immensly. My question is after I wrote a blog there was a little red dot next to my name saying stephendude is invisibe, what does that mean and what am I doing wrong? Can any one help this poor soul?
Unread 05-01-2011, 08:01 PM   #66
NancyB
Administrator

Hi stephendude, by you choosing to be 'invisible' it just means that no one can see if you're online. If you choose not to be invisible, that red dot will be green when you're here logged in.

I posted on how to start a new thread above, but will copy it here. Think about starting a thread that will be more visible if you'd like to tell us about yourself or ask questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Hi stephendude and Retread, yes, if you can read your messages, then they have been posted.

What you might think about doing is starting a new thread so that it will be more visible to everyone. To do that, go here:
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...splay.php?f=81 and click on the grey "New Thread" button.

Welcome to you both, look forward to hearing more from you.

Nancy
Unread 05-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #67
stephendude

Thank You Miss Nancy, I think I've got it. I have a long story like everyone else and of course somewhat similar. I just need a clearer head and a little more nerves of steel to let it go and flow. Each and every blog I read is me standing in front of a mirror and talking to my brother or sister. Thanks.
One User Says Thank You to stephendude For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-01-2013)
Unread 05-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #68
NancyB
Administrator

Hi stephendude, if you do have any questions on it, please just ask.

Look forward to reading your story when you do post it.

Nancy
Unread 06-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #69
elendtt

Thank You again!
elendtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 04:10 PM   #70
120notenough

Im new,not really,actually im a old-timer, but, after about 20years of hell my life is kind of lovely today,im not a prisoner and i have no hostages!! But i need support and motivation from others like me ...i know your out there...its time i started working on ME...now. Took a year just to get here..so...i need some friends. Thank You
120notenough is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Say Thank You to 120notenough For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-01-2013), Thank You (11-17-2014), Thank You (03-03-2017), Thank You (12-10-2014)
Unread 11-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #71
littlescared

I have been reading all the posts on this site for a long time and finally decided to join. I have been on suboxone almost 2 years. I have wanted to taper but never seem to actually start. I am on 12mg and have not used anything else the whole time. I have a great job, my own home and all my kids are doing great. I just can't seem to start my taper. I have used opiates for over 23 years and at one time had 5 years totally clean. I want to get to the point where I don't have to take anything. I want to thank everyone on this site. I have never seen so much compassion for people on suboxone. Thank you all.
littlescared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #72
lisad71

I am new here in this online program " Addiction Survivors " I was referred or actually directed through the Here to Help Program for Suboxone.
This is my first step in the process of recovery. I've been on suboxone for about 4 years and am having a difficult time letting go of my addiction. Being honest I take less than my recomended doseage am trying to ween myself to where I am comfortable without feeling sick. There is so much more to this than medication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Save Me View Post
If you keep reading you will find the help you need all the answers are usually here keep reading, there is alot of advice and advisory content. We have to save ourselves for the most part, we can get helpby asking questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 120notenough View Post
Im new,not really,actually im a old-timer, but, after about 20years of hell my life is kind of lovely today,im not a prisoner and i have no hostages!! But i need support and motivation from others like me ...i know your out there...its time i started working on ME...now. Took a year just to get here..so...i need some friends. Thank You
I feel that when I work on me.. people think I'm being selfish..... I thought I was working on Me. When I work on me mememememememememe it is also about working with others and believe it some people feel slighted being left out of the picture. I guess there is a common ground and a balance to working on self.
wish you honesty and respect for yourself & others.
lisad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 05:44 AM   #73
rdskin

Question

[I]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toml View Post
Im new to this so please bear with me. I am addicted to pain killers, mainly hydrocodone. I am just here looking for some helpful ideas.
Hi Tom, I'm brand new to tbis sight,too...But already it has been helpful.I have to ask? Are you sick of being sick yet? That is where I'm at,because I am very addicted to Morphin and looking for a dr,ect.whom takes medicaid,Which puts me on a waiting list.I had help here to just get that far,I have been very lost of how to get help,I think this blessing is a blessing, Don't give Up,it's hard staying active in our our addiction,So I ask myself,which is more important?(help or not?Putting morphin in me every day,or working on desire to get on suboxone&get my Life back to a real one,a good life..Glad another joined desire& is'nt giveing up on a real life...Tena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieLeigh View Post
This is really awesome that this has come so far! We're online now! Everything else is too though so it's not surprising, I just think it's really cool. Thank you! I can't wait to get back into this. When I was clean is the happiest time of my life!
I think about those words many times in a day," It's been so long" I desire so much to not depend on a pain-pill to fill normal..I miss so much to wake-up&not feel bad.Everyday is dajavu,and I'm waiting for that special phone call,while on a waiting list for help,my area&my medicaid both make me limited..So I pray every-day for my new beginning, Tena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr jimi View Post
Thank you for your help.
Hi everybody. I was addicted to many type of opiates and alcohol for twenty plus years. I first became clean and sober in 1989 and stayed that way for twenty years. Well, here I am. I have only been on suboxone for a few days. I am not sure what to expect, it sure helps with the PAWS. I am getting a lot of helpful information on this site. Thank you all, maybe we can all come out of this hell together.
God bless you all.
Must say,You remind me of myself. I have kicked tbe drinking habit only to get very much addicted to pain pills,morphin every day,and other opiates when I can't get my main choice.I don't think it can get much worse! I'm on a waiting list as long as end of March,because I'm on medicaid.I'm limited&area where I live,limited help..I started looking for suboxone treatment 2weeks ago,I have'nt gave up,I want treatment asap& need it.I found 1-more # to call when they open,maybe today will be the day,I can begin new beginning.This site guided me to dr's& atleast I have something adventually to look forward to.It's a blessing to have insurance,with out any,what would a addict wanting to get clean do? Hope to be on the rd. You are on soon.Tena(rdskin)
rdskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #74
dani45640

I can't believe that more doctors and/or counselors have not been the one's to recomend this site. My counselor referred me to this site as part of my recovery process. I just saw the poll that shows how ppl found Addictionsurvivors.org and it was shocking that most ppl found the site just by looking around on line. Anyway just my 2 cents.
dani45640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #75
NancyB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyday View Post
Iam trying to find a very affordable doc in the conway s.c. area-no insurance or assistance.I need to be seen asap as I must work cleanin condos -will be very sick in a day any help will be great.
Hi happyday, welcome. Have you seen this thread with different ways to find treatment?
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=21259

Nancy
Unread 05-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #76
robby m

Goodmorning, i would like to say that i am now clean from methadone with the help of suboxone and counseling!!!!!!
robby m is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to robby m For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-29-2012)
Unread 06-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #77
blake30

thanks for the support.
blake30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #78
shebamae

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby m View Post
Goodmorning, i would like to say that i am now clean from methadone with the help of suboxone and counseling!!!!!!
Excellent
shebamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #79
TwitThis

My doctor told me to look for some communities online and I found this, so a combination of two answers.
TwitThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #80
football50

Hello, I'm a new user to this forum. My Doc has been prescribing me suboxone and it has made a huge change in my day to say life.
football50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #81
camachomissy

Default New to the group

I am so happy to have found this website. I am 5 days sober now and I am beginning to feel so much better. I had the worst withdrawl symptoms of my life a couple days agao and it really scared me. I have been lost for so long and I am finally ready to change my life!
camachomissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #82
journey723

All I can offer you is my truth. I would be a stone cold junkie if I wasnt taking suboxone, so to me it is a miracle drug...I started abusing pain medication after the death of my son and I literally ended up trying heroin one night when I wasnt able to get pain meds, that was the lowest point in my life, I couldnt believe that I was out in the street looking for heroin, it was then that I decided enough is enough and I went to rehab...after 2 failed attempts I was asked if I wanted to try suboxone and of course I said yes because nothing else up to that point worked so why not give it a shot, I am so thankful that I did because it saved my life! I've been on sub for over 4 years and I NEVER crave for opioids or have any withdrawal
journey723 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to journey723 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-13-2014)
Unread 03-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #83
01carman

thank you
01carman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #84
delovely

Subxone, I am convinced saved my life. 15yrs Herion addiction. been on suboxen for just over 3 yrs, I knw its a long time but its the longest time clean I have ever had and I really am still not ready to stop taking it. I am new to this site just interested in reading some posts and other peoples experience and side effects
delovely is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to delovely For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-19-2014)
Unread 08-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #85
Sub-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by delovely View Post
Subxone, I am convinced saved my life. 15yrs Herion addiction. been on suboxen for just over 3 yrs, I knw its a long time but its the longest time clean I have ever had and I really am still not ready to stop taking it. I am new to this site just interested in reading some posts and other peoples experience and side effects
Congratulations on 3 years and welcome to Addiction Survivors. I was on bupe for 7 years. Stay on as long as you need to to make changes in your life and don't let anyone make you feel guilty about it or talk you into stopping before you are ready.
Sub
Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Sub-Zero For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-15-2014)
Unread 08-17-2013, 02:45 AM   #86
cpenwell1

Thank you so much to the admin for setting up this discreet yet open forum for any and all to post threads too. I am new to this but it is required by my doctor to go along with my treatment. Being one who is always open to new things I hope that my experience here is one that is able to help me on my journey to recovery..
cpenwell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #87
NancyB
Administrator

Hi cpenwell1, welcome. Feel free to start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself when you're ready.

Nancy
Unread 08-31-2013, 08:13 AM   #88
Multimeds

How awesome it is to see openness between peers to find a mirror or compassion instead of judgmentalism.
I hope I will find the same: I am new here and have many forms of chronic pain which requires careful monitoring. I am on many medicines now and wonder which are habit forming or really necessary.
Stuff that helps: limited Panadeine Forte together with a paracetamol
New stuff: Buprenorphine, indicationed short term - used 1/4 of a patch to test it out first?
Also Endone - a whole tablet made me high! Stopped this immediately.
I hope this info is in the right place?
I hope to find or start a thread on managing chronic pain without attracting addiction. Look forward to people to communicate this with, like preventative care, maintaining mood levels, depression, and conflicts between medicines i.e. buprenorphine and daily nitrazepam.
Thanks for listening

Last edited by Multimeds; 08-31-2013 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: typo and additional thoughts
Multimeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2014, 02:44 PM   #89
NancyB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoebear View Post
Just wondering how many mg. you were on before detoxing? Does it matter (unsafe) to detox of 80-100 mg.?
Hi tahoebear, welcome. Are you currently taking methadone and are looking to switch to Suboxone?

Nancy
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-21-2014)
Unread 06-23-2014, 01:16 PM   #90
aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron View Post
I need some one to chat with?
I been taking pain pills for about 10 years, I been going to the dr. and he put me on suboxone and it has been helping me.
aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to aaron For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-19-2014)
Unread 06-23-2014, 04:26 PM   #91
NancyB
Administrator

Hi aaron, welcome. When did you start Suboxone, how is it working out for you. This is a good link, it has a ton of information in it that might be helpful.
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=21609

Let us know if you have any questions.

Nancy
2 Users Say Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-26-2014), Thank You (11-19-2014)
Unread 06-26-2014, 12:32 PM   #92
aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Hi aaron, welcome. When did you start Suboxone, how is it working out for you. This is a good link, it has a ton of information in it that might be helpful.
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=21609

Let us know if you have any questions.

Nancy
I have been taking the suboxone for about a month an a half, everything is going good. I havnt had any cravings since i been taking the meds. And what about u how are u doing on the meds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by football50 View Post
Hello, I'm a new user to this forum. My Doc has been prescribing me suboxone and it has made a huge change in my day to say life.
Hey my name is aaron, i have been taking the same meds as u and i find that it is a merical drug, because i dont want any kind of drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delovely View Post
Congrats, I hope the drug suboxone keeps working for u because, I know i do not want to go back down that deadend road. I LOST EVERYTHING I thank GOD that he saved me because if not i wouldnt be here today.
aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2014, 02:50 AM   #93
MattC42286

Hi ADMIN this is a wonderful site. Gives us a place to receive good experience and advice from people who have been through or people that are going through thr same things. Please keep it up. Thanks! Matt
MattC42286 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to MattC42286 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-22-2014)
Unread 09-11-2014, 04:41 AM   #94
Patty+2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron View Post
I have been taking the suboxone for about a month an a half, everything is going good. I havnt had any cravings since i been taking the meds. And what about u how are u doing on the meds?

Hey my name is aaron, i have been taking the same meds as u and i find that it is a merical drug, because i dont want any kind of drugs.

Congrats, I hope the drug suboxone keeps working for u because, I know i do not want to go back down that deadend road. I LOST EVERYTHING I thank GOD that he saved me because if not i wouldnt be here today.
I myself have only been on Suboxone for about a month and a half, but it is GREAT! Absolutely no cravings at all! I hear good and bad about it, but for me it is my light at the end of the tunnel. Glad to hear that it is also working for you
Patty+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2014, 03:09 PM   #95
erict84

how long does your doctor let you stay on suboxone before he take you off?

How to taper off and will your doc let you no if he is going to stop seeing you.
erict84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #96
johngazoo

Default Subutex addiction

My name is Johngazoo. I have been on subutex for over 12 years now. I had a very bad oxicodone addiction for 8 years prior to the subs. Of course I've tried countless times to quit on my own. I met this doctor who began prescribing 4 suboxen per day for 2 years then switched me to subutex, same dose. After 10 years she slowly brought me down to one sub per day.
My whole problem with this is that I was told by my Doctor that there is NO
WITHDRAW when stopping subs!!! Why was I told that? Is it the manufacture
who started this lie or what?? I would like to sue the manufacture for lying
to thousands of people!! I can't seem to get off of them without severe with-
draw. Withdraw worse than any opiate withdraw!!! If anyone can help me, please let me know.
johngazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to johngazoo For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-19-2014), Thank You (10-31-2014)
Unread 10-05-2014, 08:39 PM   #97
NancyB
Administrator

Hi johngazoo, welcome. I don't know why the doctor said that there would be no withdrawals. All the documentation say the withdrawals will be less than that of full agonists. Of course that is all dependent on how the patient tapers and if the patient did the work necessary to fix things that need to be fixed (like finances, relationships, etc.) and get treatment for anything that may need proper attention (pain, anxiety, depression).

Actually I just found this on the Suboxone website:
http://www.suboxone.com/frequently-asked-questions
...Never stop taking SUBOXONE Film without first talking with your doctor. If you abruptly stop treatment with SUBOXONE Film, or reduce the amount you take too quickly, you could experience withdrawal symptoms.

This is on MedlinePlus:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...05002.html#how
Do not stop taking buprenorphine and naloxone without talking to your doctor. Stopping buprenorphine and naloxone too quickly can cause withdrawal symptoms. Your doctor will tell you when and how to stop taking buprenorphine and naloxone.

That aside, how are you tapering? When you say 1 sub a day, is it 8mg or 2mg? At what dose did you try to stop at? Many people reduce fairly quickly to 2 or 1mg and then go more slowly from there. Then there are people who have stopped at 2 or 1mg and didn't have much in the way of withdrawals. The best thing to do is to go slowly and 'listen to your body'. If you reduce your dose and you're having too much in the way of cravings and withdrawals, the best thing is to go back up and then try again. Or you can alternate your current dose with a lower dose to ease into the lower.

Sorry for all the questions.

Nancy
2 Users Say Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-19-2014), Thank You (05-07-2015)
Unread 10-11-2014, 05:11 PM   #98
msd

Default subs

Why do I keep reading "when will ur dr take you off subs/how long before ur dr limits ur dosage: etc., etc., etc. Ive been on subs 7yrs, if u want to stay off pain pills and you do it correctly, Suboxone works, why is everyone always looking for an exit strategy? I have tried w/dr help slowly getting off subs, 2wks I was right back to 20/30 tabs a day. If I have to take two subs a day until the end of time, so be it, beats the other option
msd is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to msd For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-13-2015), Thank You (12-23-2014)
Unread 10-19-2014, 06:11 AM   #99
chastiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd View Post
Why do I keep reading "when will ur dr take you off subs/how long before ur dr limits ur dosage: etc., etc., etc. Ive been on subs 7yrs, if u want to stay off pain pills and you do it correctly, Suboxone works, why is everyone always looking for an exit strategy? I have tried w/dr help slowly getting off subs, 2wks I was right back to 20/30 tabs a day. If I have to take two subs a day until the end of time, so be it, beats the other option
I have the same problem and two sub's a day over 50 norcos a day beats the hell out of any other pain therapy I have tried! I may still have some pain but I can manage it with moltrin.
chastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2014, 06:19 AM   #100
chastiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by journey723 View Post
All I can offer you is my truth. I would be a stone cold junkie if I wasnt taking suboxone, so to me it is a miracle drug...I started abusing pain medication after the death of my son and I literally ended up trying heroin one night when I wasnt able to get pain meds, that was the lowest point in my life, I couldnt believe that I was out in the street looking for heroin, it was then that I decided enough is enough and I went to rehab...after 2 failed attempts I was asked if I wanted to try suboxone and of course I said yes because nothing else up to that point worked so why not give it a shot, I am so thankful that I did because it saved my life! I've been on sub for over 4 years and I NEVER crave for opioids or have any withdrawal
Very inspirering thanks!!
chastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Say Thank You to chastiff For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-20-2014), Thank You (11-19-2014), Thank You (02-08-2016), Thank You (08-26-2015)