Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 03-06-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
wwb

Default Need Help Finding Doctor in Nashville, TN

Hey,

I just moved to Nashville from Santa Cruz, CA and I have been taking Suboxone and been clean and sober for 11 months. I am having trouble finding a doctor in Nashville. I have called several different doctors...Dr. Peter Martin(works at Vanderbilt addiction Center, but has a long waiting list and is cash pay only), Dr. Jack Coch and Dr. Daniel Barton. I have not been able to find any good information about their treatment plans, methods, or successes. I would really like to get an opinion from another patient who used a doctor in Nashville. I plan to slowly wing off suboxone over the next year and want a doctor who knows what he is doing and cares about recovery. Also, is it pretty standard for Suboxone Doctors to not take insurance and be cash pay only?

If anyone out there has any information, experience, advice, etc... with Doctors in the Nashville, TN area please post!!

Thanks
wwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #2
TIM

wwb,
welcome to NAABT. The matching system we have might be able to connect you to doctors not on the public list. it only take a few minutes to fill out the anonymous application and see if any docs contact you. I would include this in the statement section "I plan to slowly wing off suboxone over the next year and want a doctor who knows what he is doing and cares about recovery."

Patient registration: http://www.naabt.org/patient_doctor/...ation_form.cfm

about insurance:
http://www.naabt.org/education/PPMS_FAQ_PATs.cfm#p1a

Tim
TIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
TIM

wwb,
once you are contacted by at least 1 doctor, you only remain on the list for another 72hours. If you don't find treatment with this first doc, log in and renew your application. This will keep you on the doctor's lists for up to 2 weeks, unless another doc contacts you then the 72 hour timer starts again. Good luck.
Tim
TIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2008, 06:11 PM   #4
wwb

Thanks, I did that and just got a doctor reply...I am going to talk with him...I am hoping there is someone out there who has some personal experience within nashville too!
wwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2008, 07:40 AM   #5
kellibear

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by wwb

Hey,

I just moved to Nashville from Santa Cruz, CA and I have been taking Suboxone and been clean and sober for 11 months. I am having trouble finding a doctor in Nashville. I have called several different doctors...Dr. Peter Martin(works at Vanderbilt addiction Center, but has a long waiting list and is cash pay only), Dr. Jack Coch and Dr. Daniel Barton. I have not been able to find any good information about their treatment plans, methods, or successes. I would really like to get an opinion from another patient who used a doctor in Nashville. I plan to slowly wing off suboxone over the next year and want a doctor who knows what he is doing and cares about recovery. Also, is it pretty standard for Suboxone Doctors to not take insurance and be cash pay only?

If anyone out there has any information, experience, advice, etc... with Doctors in the Nashville, TN area please post!!

Thanks
hi-i sent you info about dr soper--he does not take insurance, i paid with a check--i think most sub doc's are this way
kellibear is offline   Reply With Quote