Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 12-22-2016, 08:28 PM   #1
Tryntryagain

Default Well done. Happy Christmas 16

Bright blessings to my beautiful family.

Thank you for supporting me on my way. Thank you for showing me how to help others on their way. Moreover, thank you for helping me find the courage to do it. I learn everyday from you.

Thank you.

I want this little space....just for this Christmas, as a "Nan coffee time".

We are here because we are addicted to alcohol.

Yes we are.

We are sober, because it is ok to be addicted to health and well being. Our dear Sam will tell you....."i am unmanageable".....yup.....and for goodness sake.....that is sober!

Love.

Love. What does it look like>?

Often i wonder.

It looks like this for me.

Shared experience, meaning, existence, worthiness, really, really difficult honesty one can only do sober....God it hurts.

This Christmas when we have wondered...and wandered in the past......gosh at this time....who is there for me?.....we are.

This is the place to come to where there is nowhere else to go. This is the place to come to where there are so many people to share that with.

There is the saying "the drugs don't work anymore"....(The Verve) ...hmmmmm....drugs do work though. Really, really well. Alcohol just does it quicker.

You are reading this because you know....well...frankly?....it is not what you/ule...(see what i did there <<<< for xmas!) want. Christmas sober is challenging.

I just want to share how up my own backside i am about being confident i will take sobriety a day at a time....never mind that....no ciggy,,,,,and how very...very lucky it makes me.

I say "makes me". I was a lost drunken bum. Here i am learning to make me for real.

I want to wish anyone that might come across us in the next couple of weeks, such a huge welcome. My advice?...

If your fingers work.. see what they say.

Together we do....together we can.

A sober and a very Rolo merry Christmas to all.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to all.
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (12-23-2016), Thank You (12-23-2016)
Unread 12-22-2016, 09:00 PM   #2
lostdog

A very happy day to you Tryn and everyone, thank you for the sweet post.
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2016, 08:14 AM   #3
NancyB
Administrator

My dear Little Brother, such a beautiful post from a beautiful person.

Wishing you and all of our family members here and in all of your lives a very merry Christmas, Hanukkah and everything that may be celebrated this time of year.

Most of all my best wishes for health and happiness in the new year.

Thank you all for making this family what it is. <3

(((hugs)))
Big Sis / Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2016, 10:17 AM   #4
nan

Awww, Tryn, thanks for nudging ole nan about re-opening the coffee shop! Indeed Addiction Survivors is a wonderful place, comfortable, loving and non-judgemental.

"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in." Robert Frost

This is certainly a "home" and we are family, always welcoming any and all who want to come in.

Merry Christmas to all and may the spirit of Christmas love continue in the new year!

nan
nan is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to nan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (12-24-2016), Thank You (12-24-2016)
Unread 12-24-2016, 01:26 PM   #5
Sam Bailey

Hi Nan,

Merry Christmas to you. Please send my/our regards to your wonderful daughter, Jen.

I hope that she's well, as are her boys.

sam
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote