Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 03-10-2015, 05:36 PM   #1
Seasheila

I binge drink and behave erratically . It has just cost me my job. I can't handle alcohol and it has started to seriously affect my relationships and life. I joined this site because I feel very alone and ashamed of who I am when I get drunk. I think I need help
Seasheila is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Say Thank You to Seasheila For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-11-2015), Thank You (03-11-2015), Thank You (04-19-2017), Thank You (03-11-2015)
Unread 03-11-2015, 01:12 AM   #2
nan

Seasheila, You have made a wonderful decision to seek help. Do you have a support system that will work through this with you? If you are really ready to seek out answers there will be solutions. One thing that you can do right away is find an AA group and get yourself to a meeting. Withdrawing from alcohol can be life threatening depending on how much you consumed and for that medical assistance may be needed. I am so happy that you are asking for help, yes, indeed, that is a very important first step. Keep checking in here and tell us a bit more about your situation.

nan
nan is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Say Thank You to nan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-11-2015), Thank You (03-11-2015), Thank You (03-11-2015)
Unread 03-11-2015, 10:45 AM   #3
R. Lee

Seasheila, Welcome to the site. I am a recovering alcoholic who drank for 42 years. I could not stop on my own. You are no different than the rest of us. Open up & tell us more.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-11-2015)
Unread 03-11-2015, 10:56 AM   #4
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon Sheila. Bright blessings to you.

A great big welcome to you!! I really feel for you and where you are at. As i rule of thumb if "you think you do", you do. You are absolutely amongst others who feel and felt what you are feeling.

It is a massively courageous step to think to oneself, i have a problem here and i need a little bit of support.

This forum/family is a support structure for those whose life has become unmanagable through the use of alcohol. We have all been there, made complete fools of ourselves, lost our loves, our jobs, our homes, all here accept the power of alcohol and its dreadful consequences.

Here we share our journeys, we laugh, we cry, we reach out for support and strength, as we all believe that a sober life is for us, we are happier and more content that way, although we all know how challenging that can be for each and every one of us.

I am with Nan on this one. At this time if you can get yourself to a meeting, (if you ring first i am sure someone will help you get there), it will help you focus on the issue at hand, and what this family does for me, it will empower you, and will make you recognise you do not have to do this on your own.

Just because you have stumbled over the dire outcomes alcohol can produce, does not mean you are a "bad person" or indeed there is anything wrong with you. Like me you are merely recognising that alcohol is not for you.......

This is the place to be.

Full of amazing people with incredible journeys, you are so very welcome. I look forward to hearing your amazing journey.

1 last thing, you need never feel alone again.

Be peaceful, stay strong. Always someone here to share with. Loveness to you SeaShiela.
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Say Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-11-2015), Thank You (03-11-2015), Thank You (03-11-2015), Thank You (03-11-2015)
Unread 03-11-2015, 12:38 PM   #5
Saint

Seasheila,
Welcome! You are amongst people that understand and know what you are going through. We've been there, done that. With work sobriety is doable.

Keep coming back and tell us more.

Regards,
Saint
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Say Thank You to Saint For This Useful Post:
Unread 03-11-2015, 01:45 PM   #6
lostdog

Welcome, Seasheilia. Glad you posted, that is the first step to realize you need help. You're very courageous to start and if I can help you with your journey, I'll do my best to post and we can get through this. Let us know how you are and stay close.
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Say Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Unread 03-11-2015, 01:53 PM   #7
Millie

Welcome Seasheila. What Tryn said about not being alone again -- that is true. This is a wonderful group of people who can be there for you.
Millie is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-11-2015), Thank You (03-11-2015)
Unread 03-11-2015, 05:14 PM   #8
DianeC

Seasheila, you've made the turning point by seeking support. Please know that you are not alone. Nan, Tryn, R.Lee, Millie, Saint, lostdog and all on this site are here for you. Sharing with others who understand is an enormous help. Please take the wonderful advice from all who have responded to your post prior to my post here. They are a group of wonderful souls and care deeply for all here. May you find the peace you seek taking it one step at a time. Life is hard sometimes. Anyone who says differently is either lying or has blinders on. We all need to feel we are not alone and that life can and will be beautiful if we meet it positively and stop hurting ourselves. We also must stop beating up on ourselves. Love yourself and recognize you are a deserving person who should have peace and light. You deserve sobriety. May each day find you ready to meet the day . . . ONE day at a time, for that's how it's done.
Blessings to you and please don't give up. You are on your way...
Diane
DianeC is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Say Thank You to DianeC For This Useful Post:
Unread 03-11-2015, 06:32 PM   #9
gmasusie

Seashiela,

Welcome. The more you write, the more feedback you will get. Being able to be honest here is a great help. I had to go to AA for a while to get a grip. Some have quit just through this forum. Don't be afraid to talk about what you're going through.

Susie
gmasusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2015, 08:09 PM   #10
lostdog

Seasheilia how are you? Let us know and I hope you are having a nice day with love and peace wherever your are.
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote