Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 12-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
hawaiilover

Default How to cope with hubby stealing from me

Hi Family,

I have not been around for months now. Yet, I am still dealing with issues that are beyond my control. Believe it or not, I have not allowed hubby to move back home. Though he is sober now, I am struggling with his stealing stuff from me. When I confront him, he always denies it. He is the only visitor we have. Since I allowed his visitation, I've noticed things missing. He stills clothes, purses, money. I have to hide my money from him. I put my jewelry in a bank safe deposit box. Well, I can't move my clothes anywhere.

This is upsetting and discouraging to me. I am tired of talking about it. And, I don't want to stop his visitation abruptly. So, I have a dilemma. Am I the only person that has dealt with this issue? Please, let me know that I am not alone.

I've expressed to him that trust is earned. Obviously, he is not doing a great job in earning my trust. I am praying about the situation. However, I am sure there is something I can do. I just don't have the answers right now. Whew!! If it is not alcohol, it is something else. Just frustrated right now.

Thank you for elistening.

Love you all.
Hawaii
hawaiilover is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to hawaiilover For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-08-2014)
Unread 12-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
R. Lee

Hawaii, He sounds like he is a dry drunk. I would not let a thief in my house. If you do let him in expect the same behavior. Simple message but hard to enforce.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-04-2014)
Unread 01-04-2014, 11:02 AM   #3
hawaiilover

Thank you R. Lee. I appreciate your feedback. You are so right. It will take some time to enforce this one. Easier say than done. Thanks again.

Hawaii
hawaiilover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 04:03 PM   #4
R. Lee

You are welcome.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2014, 11:43 AM   #5
Libelula

You are not the only one. My ex and I are living together now, too. The other day, I had a charge on my debit card that I did not make. I asked him if he had used the card for anything, and he said no. So I got curious and took the bank statement to WalMart and had them look up the item that was purchased. Turns out it was one of the "presents" he brought home this weekend. And the kicker is, I confronted him about it and he flat-out denied it. Even though I have the receipt, and we have the item in our house. It's crazy.
Libelula is offline   Reply With Quote