Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 01-24-2017, 06:39 AM   #1
Amber85WV

Unhappy West Virginia Medicaid Reimbursement For Treatment?

My niece is in treatment at the same facility I go to (finally found a doctor that acknowledged hives & breathing problems after consuming medication is an allergy that can be deadly). I have Medicare with AARP prescription coverage and WV Medicaid both. My insurance does not cover my doctor fees because the facility does not accept it but it does cover my Subutex with a very small copay of $1.20. Now, with Medicare I can file for reimbursement for my out of pocket expenses. Will Medicaid also reimburse in WV? I searched Google and really couldn't find a solid answer. I believe being in counseling is a requirement before Medicaid will pay, my niece is in counseling outside of the treatment facility because it isn't offered there for the Buprenorphine program unfortunately. My niece just split with her husband due his mother's mental abuse toward her and his defending his mother all the time with an excuse of why it's okay for her to abuse my niece with nasty words constantly. She is very strapped for cash and I will be paying for her doctor and prescription out of my pocket. It would be wonderful to find out if WV Medicaid will reimburse or not. Anything would help.

Last edited by Amber85WV; 01-24-2017 at 06:42 AM.. Reason: Auto correct added things that didn't belong.
Amber85WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2017, 08:00 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Amber85WV, have you or your niece contacted Medicaid directly to see if they will reimburse out-of-pocket expenses? Have you gone to her Medicaid website to see if there is a reimbursement form that might have instructions/explanation with it?

I did find this page:
http://www.dhhr.wv.gov/Pages/default.aspx
On the right, it has a pull-down menu for field offices and there are phone numbers. Maybe you / your niece can call and at least get some direction?

That's so nice of you to help her out.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-24-2017)