Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 06-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
me1980

Default Wow, I messed up...

...I went to see a sub doctor 4 years ago but dropped out after the first visit. I call now because i'm out of my DOA and I refuse to buy on the street or doctor shop. Well, he won't take me back because i quit after the first visit 4 years ago. Fair enough?

I start calling every sub doctor i can find online and find one that can see me right away and cheap. but... they need a photo ID that i do not have and will not have for awhile as i lost my wallet and am in the process of trying to get all my ID back as our government decides to make me go through hell because i lost my wallet.

so yeah, i try and get help but can not for awhile. Most of the places i called i failed their first step that being "must go through detox in their clinic first" or "must have been a patient at a certain hospital".

I don't recall having these problems 4 years ago. I can not win. I'm just going to rant more as i dont know... i cant think straight. I dont know... help please?

thank you.

EDIT: every place i called i got a nasty attitude from the start. Every single one. Do they want me to turn to the streets? I mean, i try and get help but get a door slammed in my face.

Last edited by me1980; 06-26-2012 at 06:39 PM..
me1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi me1980, did you see this thread? It has a few different ways to find treatment including the matching system:
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=21259

Try calling local hospital referral lines - because doctors do not have to be publicly listed, they may have some names you haven't called yet.

You can also try dialing 211 - it's a referral line that's in most states run by the United Way. They may have some resources to direct you to.

I hope that's helpful.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-28-2012)
Unread 06-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
me1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Hi me1980, did you see this thread? It has a few different ways to find treatment including the matching system:
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=21259

Try calling local hospital referral lines - because doctors do not have to be publicly listed, they may have some names you haven't called yet.

You can also try dialing 211 - it's a referral line that's in most states run by the United Way. They may have some resources to direct you to.

I hope that's helpful.

Nancy
thank you. i have no one that can make calls and that topic you linked to stated friends or family making calls can be a great help. My mother passed away recently and she would make calls and what got me in to that place that now refuses to treat me. they are expensive and don't take insurance (i dont have any but thats not the point) so money talks with these people and still they turned me down as again i didn't follow through after the first visit 4 freaking years ago! She is a big reason why i'm doing this and not going to the streets.

I can't take calling more for awhile. I'm sure they all need photo id? i'm just about to give up. not in that way... but in the way of thinking if society wants me to suffer fine by me.
Unread 06-27-2012, 01:39 AM   #4
31MOMof2

Can u go get your birth certificate? Do you have your social sec card? Or can u think of anywhere that copied your photo ID that would let you get a copy of it? When i first started looking for sub treatment i had to call a bunch of places to try and get in, and was put on a two month waiting list. I realy wanted the help so i waited and counted down the days, ive been on subs 2-1/2 months now. Its still work. Their are many days i wana use. But im glad i never gave up on getting treatment. Good luck with everything and keep us posted.
31MOMof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to 31MOMof2 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-28-2012)
Unread 06-27-2012, 03:43 AM   #5
PrincessDi

Dear Me1980 Dont give up you are so worth it...Take Nancys advice and check on those other links....we all care about you...So hang in there...It just takes a little time...I almost gave up on myself to...Remember we all didnt become addicts in one day ...You are not alone...Keep trying we are all with you.....Di
PrincessDi is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to PrincessDi For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-28-2012)
Unread 06-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #6
me1980

That place that wanted ID i told them i have a birth certificate and ssn card but they said no, they need a photo ID. I have only had my liscence scanned once for a job but let's just say i left on not so good terms (nothing i did, just a crazy boss).

In these last 4 years have people been abusing sub? I look on google and i get a bunch of search results showing that even though i didnt search for that. So taking a guess here and assuming it's now hard to get help do to people who abuse? I really can't think of another reason. If the person wants help and has the damn money the doctors so much want, why is it this hard to get help?

Thank you all for your well wishes. As you know us addicts at times do not appear to be grateful at people trying to help. i'm just so damn sick now i'm just trying to get by.

thanks again.
Unread 06-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #7
NancyB
Administrator

Hi me1980, you bring up a good point, if there has been a lot of diversion of Suboxone in your area, maybe that is the cause for asking for a photo ID? Or is there a prescription monitoring program in your state and the doctors want to be sure who their patient is with the photo ID? There have been diversion issues with Suboxone, although many times it's because people cannot get treatment and are forced to buy it on the streets.

What's the process to replace your driver's license since you have your SSN card and birth certificate? In my state (CT) that's what you need or if the picture is in their files, you only need your birth certificate.

One other place to try is your State's Drug & Alcohol department to see if they have any programs in place. This link has links to each State's department:
http://www.alcoholanswers.org/resour...ohol-links.cfm

Please let us know how you're doing.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-28-2012)
Unread 06-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
gotoffmdone

How long does it take to go to your local DMV and have a state ID made. Here is takes an hour or so depending on time you show up. But I live in a small town. You would most likely need a BC and/or Soc Sec card. But a lot of people who have had suspended or revoked liscense(not saying that is you by any means) get a state issued photo ID and that works the same as a driver's liscense when presenting it.

wayne

wayne
gotoffmdone is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to gotoffmdone For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-28-2012), Thank You (06-28-2012)
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #9
me1980

im here. thank you. this has been a 10+ year habit. not comparing as i know many of you have gone through worse.

EDIT: is it common to be treated like a low life scum junkie when you call these places? i know i am one but they are supposed to act like professionals.

Last edited by me1980; 06-28-2012 at 12:50 PM..
Unread 07-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #10
me1980

still no help minus a script from my doctor "till i can see some one" that was like skittles to me that i burned through in 4 days. he had to know it would be no help.

still in limbo of trying to get my photo ID and if i told you all how difficult certain people are making it to get my ID back (as well as the government) you wouldnt believe me.

can drinking help? i know what kind of forum this is. im just trying to make it by. i was on a very heavy dose of medication daily. i'm a chicken, i wont kill myself. i really wish i could though.
Unread 07-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #11
me1980

any got the time to talk to me on aim or what ever messenger you use or email? please? i know im selfish
Unread 07-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #12
NancyB
Administrator

Hi me1980, this is an anonymous forum, so we don't emails or PMs. We either post or there's chat, but the next one isn't until tomorrow night. From the welcome thread:
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=20262

Private information:

Protect your anonymity. If you identify yourself it may influence what you share and prevent you from being honest and forthcoming on the forum, reducing the benefit you receive. This is an anonymous forum and you are not obligated to identify yourself in any way to anyone, including the admins. Please do not post your email address or any other personal identifying information.

Are there any meetings near you that you could go to if you need one-on-one support?

What dose were you on, when was the last time you took Suboxone? Drinking probably wouldn't be good. You could actually end up feeling worse if you drank too much or become dehydrated if you're not drinking enough water already. Here's a thread that has a bunch of suggestions to help with withdrawals.
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=14693

I just want to post this number for the suicide hotline since you spoke of it. Please keep it with you in case you need it, it's available 24/7:

National suicide helpline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
* The service is free and confidential
* The hotline is staffed by trained counselors
* We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
* We have information about support services that can help you

http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline...p/default.aspx

Have you found any doctors who don't need a photo ID? Did you try 211 and any hospital referral lines?

I hope this is helpful.

Nancy
Unread 07-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #13
gotoffmdone

I would start with the county health dept and get a BC. It took me less than 10 minutes. I then went and got my drivers liscense or if a person has a suspended liscense a state ID will do. If you have to have a soc sec card as well all that can be done within a day. It is a pain in the butt no doubt but not so much as making call after call and doing without an opioid. Just a suggestion.

If you are feeling badly from wds I can understand the chore that would be but it is a one time thing and its over.

I am not sure where you live but in smaller counties things do move a little faster.

wayne
Unread 07-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #14
bizzby45

They are asking for a photo Id most likely because of some kind of monitoring program your state has . Your doctor is most likely avoiding people dr shopping. In Kentucky we have KASPER which monitors all narcotics. It's designed so that people are flagged if they are getting multiple scripts filled by different doctors or if docs are over prescribing .
bizzby45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #15
gotoffmdone

Tenn has the same thing called the PMP- Rx monitoring program. I am shocked when it comes to what I have been seeing on the news about Florida not having such a system yet. They have pain pill mills. People from all 50 states make appts(when one is needed) and hit up pill mill after pilll mill. They are cash only entities and walkins are welcome. I am shocked Fla is so laxed. I guess dosed there once while on Methadone and had to jump through hoops.

They are arresting a lot of north bound folks with scripts from Fla Drs. Not sure how that is legal but they are on the look out for that. That is anything but attacking the root cause. A lot of these pill mills are owned and operated by convicted felons who have legitimate Drs (lot of them retired) working there. I would have thought Fla would have lead the nation in such monitoring rather than lag behind. But on the news pain clinics were advertised almost as much as fastfood joints. And several exist on each corner.

This stems from leaving the Drs to theor own devices aka deal drugs and who is the one the goes to jail, the little guys that have the meds in their possession. Some of these guys are not so little and are not taking the drugs. They make their living hitting up the Fla clinics then selling them back home in places where you would never expect to see such drugs in such quantities. Because the Drs in that town won't or cannot write them without repercussions.

I wonder how many Drs all over the 50 states would cross an ethical, but legal line and give out meds like candy if they could and charge their patients out the wazoo for that script/s. My guess is half, at least.

wayne
Unread 07-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #16
me1980

Drinking till I can get help now... sorry if this is a trigger for some. If I can't post that sorry and please delete.

I'm not being totally honest about my license. It was never suspended and have had only had one speeding ticket in my entire life. But like I said (i think?) in another post, some one is making this very difficult for me to get. It is not a parent thinking I would drive under the influence. I will just say it involves doing work for someone. I'm white and the work i'm doing is legal. In other words, me getting my info back right now is like a "ransom".

sorry for bad grammar. And thanks for the help. I'm doing a little better. And thank you Nancy. I was not thinking clearly and should have never tried to give out my email. I really would not want someone google searching my email and this pops up.
Unread 07-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #17
deanna

Ive been followng your posts, and I dont get what you are talking about. this is an annoymous forum, so you should tell the truth so we can help you. Drinking isnt going to help matters. Please talk to someone soon.
Thank You (07-12-2012)
Unread 07-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #18
me1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanna View Post
Ive been followng your posts, and I dont get what you are talking about. this is an annoymous forum, so you should tell the truth so we can help you. Drinking isnt going to help matters. Please talk to someone soon.
Hi. My information to get said license renewed is being kept from me. I know it sounds crazy and my horrible grammar does not help. I'm not going to type more about this. If a certain person just happens to visit this forum they might catch on.

I'd like to add if i didn't before? I can not talk to people on a phone to get information it seems. I always leave out information or maybe come off a little short. I also do not want to go to rehab as to me that is the sissy way out. Or go to any of those programs people linked me to in this topic as again that's another sissy thing and it is also leeching off the state. So yeah, I am making it more harder on my self. I think i also did brain damage as I used to be intelligent and had decent grammar. I'm also too depressed to go through all this BS it seems with these damn sub doctors these days to get help.

I know i'm not making sense and most of what I said are lies minus me being hooked on drugs and making those calls to sub doctors trying to get help and being turned down.

Last edited by me1980; 07-12-2012 at 05:48 PM..
Unread 07-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #19
deanna

Going to rehab, or getting help in any form is in NO way the sissy way out. And its not leeching off the state. Wouldnt it be better to be happy and healthy, and to use whatever resources you could find? First off, can you tell me what drugs you are using? I thought you were just using alcohol right now, so if you want anyone to help you here, you gotta start off by telling the truth with what you are doing. Are you being used by someone so you can keep getting drugs? Try to answer these questions so we can help you get started getting your life back together.
Unread 07-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #20
me1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanna View Post
Going to rehab, or getting help in any form is in NO way the sissy way out. And its not leeching off the state. Wouldnt it be better to be happy and healthy, and to use whatever resources you could find? First off, can you tell me what drugs you are using? I thought you were just using alcohol right now, so if you want anyone to help you here, you gotta start off by telling the truth with what you are doing. Are you being used by someone so you can keep getting drugs? Try to answer these questions so we can help you get started getting your life back together.
Hello, I can understand how it is hard to believe me at this point. Thanks for caring and sticking with me. No, i'm not being used for drugs. I'm being used to do legal labor for help getting my ID back. I am not on any drugs since I went through what the doctor gave me. I'm just drinking now. I figure society wants me to drink. they tell me painkillers are bad but liquor is fine? does not make sense but i'm just going with that now. However, it is just a matter of time before I find myself on the streets like a common junkie, I just know it.

I understand my views might offend others about rehab and leeching off the government etc. but that was just the way i was brought up and none will change my mind about that. No real man goes to rehab.

If that sub doctor would have taken me back I would not even be here right now. I do not get it, that was 4 years ago. I mean, shouldn't sub doctors know that relapse is high? I mean, one chance and that's it for a hardcore drug addict? that doesn't seem right.
Unread 07-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #21
nan

Hello me1980-Well, you sure have yourself in a dilemma. And, yes, I said you. I truly think you must want some help or else you wouldn't have posted in the first place. But you will continue going in circles unless you open up your mind and accept some realities.

Reality number one: You have misused medications for over 10 years and you will
need help through professionals to get into recovery.
Reality number two: You are blaming others for the situation you are in now and not
accepting the responsibility that belongs to you.
Reality number three: Drinking is not a recovery plan and it will bring you further
down.
Reality number four: You are refusing any positive help that might be available to you
through government programs or rehab centers.

I sure don't know your situation and it sounds like it could be kind of complicated right now for a variety of reasons. But I worry when I hear you blaming the dr from 4 years ago and blaming society for the situation you are in now. Nope, you have the power, today, to make good choices for yourself and get the help you need to move forward. I am afraid if you do not open your mind a little bit and accept responsibility for your actions your life will continue to spiral downward. Help is out there if you decide to make the calls and accept the help.

I read obituaries most every day that lists names of "real men" who have rejected the idea of rehab-it is very sad and I hope that you will reconsider your choices.

nan
nan is offline   Reply With Quote
6 Users Say Thank You to nan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-15-2012), Thank You (07-15-2012), Thank You (07-14-2012), Thank You (07-14-2012), Thank You (07-14-2012), Thank You (07-15-2012)
Unread 07-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #22
OhioMike

Well said Nan and correct. IMO.
Unread 07-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #23
gotoffmdone

I considered myself a big man man the day I went in to rehab for the very first time. My pain pill use was my secret and admitting that to anyone to try and get help took every bit of the man I had in me. It just didn't work the nine times I tried it.

Pride comes before the fall.

wayne
3 Users Say Thank You to gotoffmdone For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-15-2012), Thank You (07-15-2012), Thank You (07-14-2012)
Unread 07-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #24
jimash55

Default ...the right thing

....we all will give you as much help as we can....the rest is on you to do the right thing...once you make up your mind you must take action...stay strong and focused my friend!
jimash55 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to jimash55 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-15-2012)
Unread 07-15-2012, 02:24 AM   #25
OhioMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan View Post
I read obituaries most every day that lists names of "real men" who have rejected the idea of rehab-it is very sad and I hope that you will reconsider your choices.

nan

I spent every bit of two years trying to self medicating and fixing myself so I could avoid facing what I knew in my heart I really needed, inpatient treatment. . During that time I went from taking around 50 vicodin tablets per day to 100 or more per day. My weight went above 300#, my kidneys ached daily and my liver was enlarging and in danger of shutting down. . At my first meeting with my doctor even before she got the reports from my lad work she told me that she didnt understand why I was not already dead. That there was no logical reason for me to be standing there in front of her.

Other than my wife not many knew then or really know now just how bad my health had become and at how much risk I was really in.

Its not easy to give up and give in to help and recovery. It is not easy to even get started on a recovery program, let alone stick with one .. BUT ... We can do it. We do not have to do it alone and there really is hope, healing & help out there!

Everyone on this site is here for you, but, you have to want to help yourself! We pray that you do!

Mike
Unread 07-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #26
deanna

Hi. You have gotten alot of good responses that you really need to think about. Please read through them really good, and reconsider finding help of some sort. It will truly open your eyes once you are thinking more clearly. And you cant really be a REAL man if you are living in the hell of addiction. It breaks the strongest person down to nothing, dont you think?
Thank You (07-15-2012)