Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 04-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
scootergalp

Default Can I keep my sub film in the fridge

I just started taking the film today. My dose is currently 1mg so I have to cut the 2mg film in half. I've taking the sub pills last 4 yrs. I did a search for keeping the film in the fridge but didn't see anything. Would that be ok especially if we keep our house on the warm side? Its already getting pretty warm where I live and our AC doesn't come on till 79 degree and it says to keep it at 77 or lower. I've seen several threads about the film being dry and flaky and falling apart. I just wanna make sure I'm getting the correct dose. I would think cooler would be better than warmer, but am wondering about it getting too cold. Or could the fridge dry it out too? Thoughts? Thanks

Scott
scootergalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #2
AbbyNormal

Hi Scott,

I wouldn't put it in the fridge unless there was no other place. 79 or 77 degrees is what I keep my thermostat at and I've had no problems. I live in Las Vegas so it doesn't get much hotter than here. And I too get the 2mg films and cut them in half. The other half goes into an old prescription bottle and sits in the kitchen cabinet. No problems to speak of. The coldness of the fridge may do more damage IMO.

As far as the film cracking or getting dried out. It seems to affect only the 8mg ones, not the 2's. Why, I'm not sure.

So don't worry about it and just cut and store it. It should be just fine.

TomD

AbbyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
scootergalp

Cool, thanks Tom!!

Scott
Unread 04-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
scootergalp

Tom, do u put it back in the packaging thing then in the bottle or just in the bottle by itself? This stuff is great. It dissolves in less than a min.
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #5
TIM

Hi scootergalp,
Humidity might be the biggest concern, depending on climate. Humid air, or condensation from refrigeration, can cause the film to stick to the container. We suggest storing unused film portions in a prescription tablet container along with a silica gel packet. This makes it childproof, blocks some light, and prevents moisture from making the film sticky. We also recommend locking it up in a safe or lock box (this also keeps more light out) Hope that helps.
Tim

Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. Voluntary Disclosure: Timothy L. is the President of The National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine treatment. (NAABT.org) The views and opinions of Timothy L., or any poster, are not necessarily the views of AddictionSurvivors.org. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider Any information you read here should only serve to inspire you to investigate further with credible, verifiable referenced sources or your doctor.
TIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
scootergalp

Great. Thanks guys.
Unread 04-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #7
AbbyNormal

No, I don't put it back in the foil packaging, just into the RX bottle. It's pretty dry here in the desert but I also did the same thing living at the beach in Ca. As long as the bottle is tight it shouldn't make a difference.

Personally I love those films. The taste isn't as bad with the 2mgs ones.

TomD

AbbyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
scootergalp

How do you cut your in half? Razor blade? Scissors? I'm just using a razor and trying to get as close to the middle as possible
Unread 04-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #9
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Scott! I went back and looked at some different threads and some people have said that a small pair of scissors or an exacto knife work well and others fold, crease and tear. I think a sharp exacto knife might give more control?

Hope all is well with you.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #10
scootergalp

Cool. Thanks Nancy.
Unread 04-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #11
krystaalexandria

The 8mg strips, I fold in half and tear or cut with scissors along the crease. I feel it gives me a more symmetrical, and therefore even, half.
krystaalexandria is offline   Reply With Quote