Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 04-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
amber.4.14.11

Default A big thankyou

I just wanted to put a big, huge THANKS
out there, to everyone on this site. I know I didnt join the site til october, even though I started suboxone in April. It took a few months of working to get a computer, internet connection, etc.
ANYWAY,
addiction survivors was a huge part of my support then, becuase I really felt alone, with my stuggle, in my small, rural comunity.
Just knowing, that I WASNT alone, and I WAS on the right track,
PROVED to be powerful.
becuase, TODAY, its been a year.
cant belive it. I know, the reason they say "one day at a time"
becuase if you think about time, as a whole, of NEVER using agian, it IS overwhelming.
So
THANK YOU
thankyou
THANKS
thankyou a million times over!!!!!!
Ive got a year, 365 days, free of methadone, dillaud, morphine, heroin, oxycontin, AND active addiction in general.
No, it hasnt been a picnic.
But I will say, that today,
the thought of using, isnt nearly as 'romantic' as it was on day 30
Oh,
and Im getting new teeth!!!
forgot to mention that. this has a been a huge reminder, of some of my mistakes,
Ive had 10 teeth pulled on bottom, I'll be getting a partial there,
and on the 26th of this month, Im getting all my broken top teeth pulled, except 4,
then I go back at the end of may, get the last 4 pulled,
and LEAVE the office with my top denture, and bottom partial!!!
Im so excited, to get it over with of course, and just have new teeth!
when I got the bottoms pulled, I didnt take anything besides my sub, and motrin/tylenol cocktail.
the dentist did give my 'triazelam' (i think i spelled it right) to help me 'relax' before the procedure.
And I used that to help me sleep the next two nights, but I did way better than I thought I would. it actually only REALLY hurt the first day or so.
HOPEing, for a 'repeat' for the top extractions. Its scary of course, but I know, I can do it!!!!!!!!!
Well, Ive rambled way longer than expected......
took me a long time to say THANKS
amber.4.14.11 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to amber.4.14.11 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-15-2012), Thank You (04-15-2012)
Unread 04-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
Kia25

Amber,

WOW !! ONE YEAR ADDICTION FREE !!
(I'm typing alot in caps today , hahahaha) - I am so proud that your are part of this forum, we are such a great bunch of people here. I am lucky to be here !

And most important about your new teeth. I know once you get those you will be a brand new person, and look gorgeous !!!!

Congratulations again !!!
Thank You (04-14-2012)
Unread 04-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Amber! Congratulations on a year! That is fabulous! I'm so proud of you. Look at all the great things you've accomplished over the last year.

That is huge that you didn't need any pain meds for your dental work. Hopefully the top ones will be just as easy or easier than the bottom - especially because now you have an idea of what to expect.

Again congratulations!! Keep up the great work!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
OhioMike

Congratulations Amber, that is wonderful. woot woot
Unread 04-15-2012, 01:20 AM   #5
bizzby45

Congrats on one year!! That's an awesome accomplishment! Keep them coming!
bizzby45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 07:28 AM   #6
Sam Bailey

Hey Amber,

Great. Excellent. Terrific.

Time passes for us all so, so fast. No matter what we do with it. And now, look at you. What a great use of your time this past year. IDK. To me, that really adds meaning to a person's life. When one uses it for such a good and worthwhile purpose.

best,

sam
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
TIM

Hi Amber,
Congratulations on one year of addiction remission!!! It's so nice to hear when things work out and people become free of the uncontrollable compulsion to seek and take drugs. You now have control of your medication use, no longer use compulsively, no longer use despite harm, and no longer have debilitating constant cravings- all of the signs and symptom of addiction are gone and life is getting better- Congratulations!! Your post will be especially inspiring to those just starting out full of doubt and still haunted by the misinformation on the web.
Tim

Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. Voluntary Disclosure: Timothy L. is the President of The National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine treatment. (NAABT.org) The views and opinions of Timothy L., or any poster, are not necessarily the views of AddictionSurvivors.org. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider Any information you read here should only serve to inspire you to investigate further with credible, verifiable referenced sources or your doctor.
TIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #8
vhappy

Can not add much more, than everyone else, but a huge Congadulations. You did it, just another great reminder for anyone that may be struggling.....you can do ot too. :-) :-) :-)
Vhappy
vhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #9
jimash55

Great information Amber and give yourself a pat on the back.This new life we are living is not always peaches and cream but it beats where we once were....stay strong and keep your head up!
jimash55 is offline   Reply With Quote