Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 02-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
HopeThisWorks

Default New Here, Sort Of. Doing a Taper

First off I would like to thank NacyB, OhioMike, So.Cal., MaJaBe, and Mary. I have been simply reading these forums for a week now and I am so very greatful for the inforamtion you all have provided. I have been on suboxone for a little over 3 years now. I was my doctors first real patient (his 1st relapsed after a few weeks). I started at 16mg and I am currently taking 1mg per day. I started the 1mg yesterday. I went down 4mg every 6-8 months, roughly. I started my final downward decent about 2 weeks ago. I did 3mg for 9 days, 2mg for 7 days and I plan on doing 1mg for 8 days and .5mgs for 8 days. I feel great so far. I'm doing this taper under my doctors orders of course. After he told me to do 1mg less every 1-2weeks, I then found this site. I wanted to see if anyone else had this same experience/recommendation and it looks like some people have done a shorter taper and some a longer one so I think I will be fine. I have also cut out every other type of drug and have been clean, besides the suboxone, for 22 days. I have already been dieting (have lost 101lbs in 2 years) and I exercise daily. I attend AA meetings and have started reading the big book. I have an Aunt with almost 5 years clean that has helped me tremendously through this whole process. I am currently taking b12 in the sublingual form to keep my energy up and Hylands restless legs for, well, restless legs. I also take a little ibuprofen, when needed. Am I doing too much to combat the w/d's? I am a perfectionist and want everything to be accurate and precise so maybe I over think things too much, idk. I would like to hear any thoughts on my taper schedule and/or if what I'm doing to get by is too much? Hopefully I will be off suboxone 2 weeks from today. Any thoughts/comments/questions/concerns are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
HopeThisWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 10:37 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi HopeThisWorks, welcome. Sounds like you're doing well so far with your taper, which is great. The exercising should help with your natural endorphins, and you have a good support system. One thing that might help is not keeping a firm stop date. Keep your options open in that if you need a little more time on the .5mg then don't force yourself to stop. Sometimes just knowing you have that option will take any undue pressure off.

I look forward to hearing more from you!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #3
HopeThisWorks

How did I know you would be the 1st to post. Thanks for the suggestion. I had originally planned doing each drop 10 days at a time, but I felt ok after 9 days at 3mg so I started doing 2mg a day earlier. At 2mg I was ok so I started 1mg, 3 days earlier. So, I'm not 100% set on that plan, but want to come close. The last dose I plan to take is on a Friday so I can have the weekend to rest and deal with any ill feelings (I work Monday-Friday). I will definitley take your advice though and not necessarily force myself to stop. If I feel like things aren't going well, I will go back on a stable dose I'm comfortable with and try dropping a few days later.
Unread 02-12-2011, 12:38 AM   #4
Cally

Hello HopeThisWorks and welcome.

Congratulations on 3 years of being addiction free. You have made some incredible changes in your life in the past 3 years. You have proven that you can accomplish whatever goal you set, your future is limitless.

I stopped at 2mgs in July of 2006. I had no discomfort of any kind. I didnít dwell on how I would feel, my focus was my future. If my future depended on my taking suboxone again, I was OK with that.

Addiction is a disease. No one can pick a date when they will end their illness, addiction is no different.

1mg is a safe low dose to stop. One day if you feel comfortable stopping just do it. You can always take it again if you feel its necessary, no harm no foul.

Stick around and keep posting.
Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2011, 01:41 AM   #5
HopeThisWorks

Thank you for the kind words. I plan on sticking around here for a good amount of time. I get a really good feeling about these forums. Once I'm off, I can share my success story!
Unread 02-12-2011, 02:16 AM   #6
erikanh80

You are already are a success story!!

sounds like you are doing great. i think you have the ability for sure...to do the taper you feel will work best for you. just pay attention to your body and how you're feeling.....and if you end up having to add a few days between the tapers, then so be it! whatever keeps you comfortable.
i think what you're doing is fine...the ibuprofen, b12, hylands, etc. you should do whatever makes this an easy, pain-free transition for yourself.

you had asked about others' tapers.....i have tapered every month by 2mg since being on sub in October. I was doing so well...that like you, I decided to taper by 4mg this time. so i recently did a 4mg taper, and i also feel great. everyone is different, but you'll know if its working for you or not. small aches or headaches or any other minor symptoms can usually be managed with over the counter formulas.....teas are especially good for solving acute issues believe it or not! there is literally a tea for everything from cramps to migraines.....so unless its unbearable, then Im sure you'll find ways to manage any kind of bothersome symptoms you experience during the tapers.

this forum is a great place for support and sharing information....glad you chose to come here, everyone is very supportive and have positive outlooks. joy is contagious, as i always say....so anything that brings joy is a good thing congrats on the weight loss...that is incredible, and on all your other progress. seems your aunt is a nurturing support system for you and you are so lucky to have her be part of your recovery journey.

good luck, and go with your gut feelings through your process.....you have come a long way and its fantastic & inspiring to others.....hope to see you on here sharing some more! good luck
erikanh80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2011, 07:41 AM   #7
NancyB
Administrator

Hi HopeThisWorks, as for having your last dose on a Friday, you might think about making it Wednesday or Thursday. Because of the halflife, people generally don't notice reduction for a couple/three days later. So, to be on the safe side, if you stop a couple of days before the weekend, it might be a little easier. But everyone is different, and you may not notice much at all anyways. Just try not to overthink or anticipate withdrawals. The mind is a powerful thing.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 02-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #8
HopeThisWorks

Yeah, that makes sense. I think I might do the 1mg a couple extra days and the .5 a few extra which will land me about Wednesday of that next week (and I won't "force" myself, of course ).

As for today, I feel great! Went on a nice jog last night. Took my son to baseball practice today. I even found out I get to go to a "spring fling" tonight for free. It's an all day thing but I have my son and can only get someone to watch him at night. An old buddy who is actually on suboxone and clean from everything else has 60 days and is going with his sponsor and they have an extra ticket for me. I guess the speaker tonight flew in from LA (I live in the Sacramento area). Anyways, going to get dinner now. Thought I would say thanks for that advice as well and that I'm doing great on the 1mg.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Unread 02-13-2011, 07:34 AM   #9
NancyB
Administrator

Hi HopeThisWorks, sounds like you had a nice day yesterday, good to hear! Hopefully, you'll have time to keep up with the jogging as that should help with the process.

Look forward to hearing your progress!

Nancy
Unread 02-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #10
Cally

Hello HopeThisWorks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeThisWorks View Post
Once I'm off, I can share my success story!
You are already sharing your success story! Posting what you have accomplished these past three years is inspiration.

The goal isnít to stop taking suboxone, the goal is to live life addiction free. You have met your goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeThisWorks View Post
As for today, I feel great! Went on a nice jog last night. Took my son to baseball practice today.
You couldnít say this when you were in active addiction. You couldnít say this 4 years ago.

A pill will never control you again, you control the pill now.

FYI, I took my last suboxone on a Thursday morning, went to work, thatís all I really remember. Taking my last pill was eventful as watching grass grow. Lol

Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 02:11 AM   #11
HopeThisWorks

The speaker and the comedian at the spring fling were 2 of the most inspiring people I have ever listened to. The comedian talked about being a better farther within his act along with being one of the funniest people I have ever listened to. He included things about addiction, life lessons and fatherly advice. The main speaker is a producer of some sorts in Hollywood. Goes by Shadow. The main thing I got from him was about staying positive and I learned a new way of meditation.

Today, day 4 of doing 1mg, was awesome. I went to my dads church this morning. My dad is an assistant pastor/preacher. He speaks some of the time, not today, but does on occasion. The head pastor is great. It's non-denominational, but based off of Christianity. The message is broken down very simply and isn't in a foreign language. They have a rock band and sing amazing songs. No old church hymns. Lol. I've gone to the church a few times over the last couple years but plan on going every Sunday now.

I got to see my girlfriend today too! She is in residential treatment. Of course I'm in love with an addict. Lol. She is an alcoholic. She has never really done any hard drugs, just couldn't stop the booze. We are both on the right path though and I'm really excited about our future together. She is an amazing woman when sober .

Well, going to bed now. Looking forward to going to work tomorrow and continuing my journey called life! Hope everyone is doing well. Good night!
Unread 02-14-2011, 10:09 AM   #12
NancyB
Administrator

Hi HopeThisWorks, glad you had a nice weekend! New way to meditate, the church experience sounds good too, just a departure from the old-school churches.

How long will your girlfriend be in residential treatment for? That's really good that you both will be on a whole new path together.

Hope you have a good day!

Nancy
Unread 02-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #13
HopeThisWorks

My girlfriend will have completed 30 days once she is out in a little over a week. I love her so much.

As for me, I'm on day 1 of doing .5mg. I felt ok doing the 1mg so i decided to start the .5mg. I feel kind of crappy but not too bad. I want to be off next Wednesday because that Sunday my girlfriend is out of treatment and we have an awesome day planned together. I just hope I feel ok at that point. I know if I feel too crappy I will continue on what dose does feel comfortable, but I just want this to be over (duh, I'm an addict...now now now! lol). I have decided to find a new job as well. The owner of my company lets people have cart blanch...smoking pot and drinking and that's not conducive to my overall recovery. I know hardly any businesses are run like this so I know I can find a "normal" job. I also work 100% commission and would prefer a base salary + commission type of job. I just had a really good phone interview so we'll see how the job search goes. I'm not going to leave my current job until I find a new one so hopefully I can find something new fairly quickly. I can't be around people that are stoned and drinking all day. It was the ideal job when I would smoke pot and drink, but not now. Anyways, hope everyone else is doing good. Bye for now.
Unread 02-19-2011, 12:07 AM   #14
HopeThisWorks

Wassup! Day 3 of .5 mg....doing great! Yesterday was tough but I finally got a sponsor! I had an amazing interview today where the lady said she had been inerviewing people all week and I was the only one coming back for a 2nd interview. It's $10 per hour base, plus commission selling Jenny Craig food! Loving life right now. Can't wait for this time next week when I plan 2 be sub free!
One User Says Thank You to HopeThisWorks For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-15-2011)
Unread 02-19-2011, 07:44 AM   #15
NancyB
Administrator

Hi HopeThisWorks, glad to hear you're doing well on .5! Sounds like a good day, sponsor and a second interview. When will you hear if you got the job?

Keep up the great work!

Nancy
Unread 02-19-2011, 12:43 PM   #16
HopeThisWorks

Well the timing kind of sucks because they are starting a new hire training next week so the lady I will have my 2nd interview with will be doing training all next week. It's cool though, I was told to expect a call the week after with the exact day and time of my 2nd interview and they would tell me if I got the job at that point. So, I will just work my current job next week and the week after wait for the call and go from there. I have a solid resume and 7+ years sales and customer service experience so I know I will get the job. I can sell myself very easily. That's all an interview is.

Well, day 4 of doing .5 mg. So far, so good. I can do this. I know I can. Hope everyone else is doing good on there tapers and/or maintenance.
Unread 02-20-2011, 10:34 AM   #17
NancyB
Administrator

Hi HopeThisWorks, too bad that woman has to do training this week. But, at least you'll get your second interview the week after. You certainly have the experience, so I hope it goes well!!

Glad day 4 went well. Yes, you CAN and WILL do this!

Hope you're having a good weekend.

Nancy
Unread 02-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #18
willard47

Hi, how are you dosing the sub. Do you have access to 2 mg. tabs (or strips) or are you cutting the 8 mg. tabs. I'm at the same stage of taper. Thanks
willard47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2011, 10:08 PM   #19
HopeThisWorks

I have the 2mg tabs. I couldn't imagine cutting the 8mg tabs in to 1mg or .5mg chunks. The accuracy would be way off.
Thank You (02-21-2011)
Unread 02-21-2011, 03:37 PM   #20
HopeThisWorks

Day 6 of doing .5 mg today....so far, so good.

Got a new apartment too! So excited. Moving in tomorrow. This whole letting God run my life concept is working WAY better than trying to do things myself. My sponsor hooked me up with a leasing agent that is "one of us" and didn't verify any of my renting history (I wouldn't have qualified due to my past mess ups). I was worried I wouldn't be able to get a place but God opened the door and I stepped right in!
Thank You (02-21-2011)
Unread 02-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #21
HopeThisWorks

Well, today is going to be my last day of suboxone. I took my last little .5mg chunk. I do believe at this point I am only physically dependent and not an addict. I know that if I use any substance, I will die. I don't want to die. I will NOT take ANY drugs or use alcohol for the rest of my life. I can't. I have been close to death (car crashes, guns pointed at me, etc.) too many times. I am alive for a reason. I have a purpose. I am letting God run my life now because I haven't been able to on my own.
2 Users Say Thank You to HopeThisWorks For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-14-2011), Thank You (02-23-2011)
Unread 02-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #22
NancyB
Administrator

Hi HopeThisWorks, good luck, please keep us posted on how you're doing.

Fingers crossed that it will be easy for you!

Nancy
Unread 02-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #23
HopeThisWorks

Day 1 of nothing. I just need to keep saying to myself "you can doooooo it" (thanks Rob Schneider). I was able to get to work, that's a start.

Anyone ever take ephedra for energy? I know it was banned and not banned, etc. Has some adverse side effects, but I have taken it before and nothing crazy happened.
Unread 02-25-2011, 07:50 AM   #24
NancyB
Administrator

Hi HopeThisWorks, you can dooooo it!!!

Have you tried and B Vitamins for energy? The B12 sublingual ones work pretty well, you can get those at Walmart or probably most vitamin sections. Just make sure you get the flavored ones, the unflavored ones aren't that good. lol This is from Erika's supplement thread, you might also want to ask her if she knows of anything else there if you'd like:
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=25921

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikanh80 View Post
... For energy, regarding vitamins....a B-Complex is needed. Yes you can just take B12 or B6, but Folic Acid is CRUCIAL for a woman's wellbeing overall. It has so many functions, I could write a book. It also helps us to absorb other needed nutrients, thus providing even more energy. So buy a complex, not a single B. Better yet, take a multivitamin daily, and supplement more BComplex if or when needed for more energy....
Hope that helps! Let us know how you're doing.

Nancy
Unread 02-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #25
HopeThisWorks

Day 2 of nothing. Feeling ok. Took the day off from work. I have been taking b12 and a multivitamin but haven't noticed too much of a difference.

I've been feeling good, then bad....up and down. The down hasn't been too low though. I think that's promising because any wd's I've experienced before doing a taber this time I only felt horrible 100% of the time. No craving, just clammy hands at times, chills, achy body, and restless legs. I have been taking hylands which has helped. Didn't sleep too well last night. Took tylenol PM so I slept a little. Better than not sleeping at all I guess.
Unread 02-25-2011, 01:12 PM   #26
MaJaBe

Hey there! Just wanted to say you're doing great, and I'm so glad you have a support network in place. It's so important to have someone to call when the disease is messing with your head.
Congratulations on your taper! I know it's probably the last thing you want to do, but some exercise would be great for you right now. Even if it's just a brisk walk. Might help with the sleep, too. Anything you can do to keep busy and keep your mind off how you're feeling. I think you're doing great, keep up the good work!
J
MaJaBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #27
NancyB
Administrator

Hi HopeThisWorks, how are you today? There's also melatonin, valerian root and chamomile tea that others have used for a sleep aid. Did you get the Hyland's nighttime formula, maybe that will help too?

Let us know how you're doing. Hang in there!

Nancy
Unread 02-26-2011, 03:29 PM   #28
HopeThisWorks

I will try those things for sleep. Much appreciated as always Nancy.

Day 3 of NOTHING! Still feel "alright". I hope I feel a little better on Monday so I can go to work. I get to see my girlfriend today and pick her up tomorrow morning! I can't wait!
Unread 02-27-2011, 07:32 AM   #29
NancyB
Administrator

Hi HopeThisWorks, hope you had a good day and you're feeling better each day.

That's great that you'll be picking your girlfriend up today! I hope you both continue to do well!

Nancy
Unread 02-28-2011, 03:58 PM   #30
HopeThisWorks

Day 4 of NOTHING came and went cause my girl was by my side. :-) I love her. I think she saved my life once again cause I was getting damn close to saying **** it. Not going crazy or anything, but taking maybe a .5mg dose of suboxone. Glad I didn't. I've come this far so no going back. I had some crumbs left but I left the bottle at my moms house so I didn't have easy access to it. I don't have cravings and I haven't been doing any "addiction" related activities, just feel like crap from the physical dependence. I believe the key has been the 12 step work and AA meetings Ive attended. I am of firm belief I'm powerless over any drug and I now have a higher power controlling my life since I didn't do such a good job.

Today, day 5, I'm at work. Got a deal today and some results from a past deal that I think will turn in to another one. How I'm still alive and not on any drugs is ONLY through the grace of God. I have completely given my life to him and he has done more for me in a month than I could ever do on my own. I can't wait to have a few months of nothing and be able to spread the good word that getting clean IS possible. I have a ton of, well OLD friends, that would benefit from my experience.

Back to work now. Hope everyone else is staying positive and on the right path.
Unread 03-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #31
HopeThisWorks

Day 6....I'm still alive and kickin! At work...laughing, making $$$...I'm FREE! I feel better every day. No going back. Onward and upward. The sky is the limit!

Had a little sleepy time tea and a Tylenol PM to sleep last night. That seemed to do better than what I had done before. That is really my only last complaint along with some occasional pain in my legs that the hylands restless legs and some ibuprofen takes care of.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone who has succesfully tapered and talked about there experiences. Positivity is a beautiful thing! To those negative people, well, I'll pray for you all cause being BUPE FREE IS POSSIBLE!!!
Unread 03-02-2011, 04:18 PM   #32
NancyB
Administrator

Hi HopeThisWorks, that is so good to hear you're feeling so well!

Glad the sleepy time tea and Tylenol PM helped you with the sleep and the Hylands works. I'm really glad that Henrys354 posted about that during his taper. It seems to help a lot of people.

How is your girlfriend? I hope she is doing well too!

Nancy
Unread 03-03-2011, 01:02 PM   #33
HopeThisWorks

Clarity...that's my word of the day. No more fog in my head. No more pain in my legs. No more can't sleep at all. I'm not 100%...but about 85-90%, which is a wonderful feeling!

My girlfriend is doing awesome too! She has been a huge help with keeping me sane and helping with my son. She is an amazing woman...together in sobriety we can't be stopped!

So, today is day 8 being suboxone free! No more hylands, not as much ibuprofen and I feel GREAT!

Carpe diem!
Unread 03-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #34
Mary

Hey HopeThisWorks, very cool on your taper gig! I'm sorry I missed posting to you before this, but I don't get here as often as I once did. Life kinda has a way of doing that. You had a good way by keeping busy, doing other stuff and not focusing every second on how you felt. Kinda cool when things work out like that. Here's post-jump positive energy to you and your GF. -Mary
Unread 03-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #35
HopeThisWorks

Today's word...willingness. I never was willing in the past to change. I opened up and became willing to except God, as I understand him, to be in my life and things have been a million times better.

Day 9 of NOTHING! I feel even BETTER today! My son was amazing at baseball practice yesterday. He had 2 of the biggest hits and made an awesome play at shortstop. This child of mine is absolutely amazing and I'm glad I can be a part of his life, addiction free!
Thank You (01-26-2013)
Unread 03-06-2011, 06:58 PM   #36
HopeThisWorks

Day 11 folks and things continue to get better. Went to a 6:30 AA meeting, then church. I have no more wd symptoms. Slept last night with no Tylenol PM or tea. I feel like a new man!
Unread 03-06-2011, 07:17 PM   #37
bizzby45

i just read this whole thread real quick and im so happy for you! im tapering right now, im still at 2-3 mg a day but its really good to hear a story such as this one. good luck!
bizzby45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #38
HopeThisWorks

Thanks! That was my goal with this thread. I wanted to be able to add to the already great stories of people tapering off. In starting my taper, reading others stories was all I had. I used the stories on this site along with my doctors orders and now I'm on day 12 suboxone FREE! I'm working, did homework with my son last night, my relationship with my girlfriend is even BETTER!
Unread 03-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #39
NancyB
Administrator

Hi HopeThisWorks, congratulations! What great news! Good to hear that you and your girlfriend are both doing well.

Thanks for sticking around and being an inspiration and help to others.

Nancy
Unread 03-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #40
HopeThisWorks

Thanks Nancy! Is it possible to feel TOO happy and TOO good??? Nahhhh. I'm really loving life right now!

Day 13...OH YEAH!

PAWS??? That's a myth. I dropped all drugs/alcohol before my taper and did what was suggested, medication mixed with therapy and it WORKED! Within doing the therapy I have found God again, and in my opinion, why I feel so amazing. God is awesome and now in charge of my life and doing things for me that would have never been possible had I continued on my destructive path.

Stay positive people! You too can taper successfully!
Unread 03-10-2011, 02:54 PM   #41
HopeThisWorks

Day 15...feeling marvelous! I never thought in a million years I could go a day, let alone 2 weeks with no opiates!

Every day I get stronger, more sleep, feel better physically, and feel better mentally.

I just hope that anyone reading this can and will get something out of my journey. I was hopeless...destined for jail and/or death. I am now addiction free and living an amazing life!
Thank You (03-22-2015)
Unread 03-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #42
NancyB
Administrator

Hi HopeThisWorks, I'm so happy for you!

You've already are, and will continue to be, an inspiration to many. Thank you!

Nancy
Unread 03-11-2011, 10:18 PM   #43
purrtykitty69

Thank you for sharing this!
Unread 03-14-2011, 01:27 PM   #44
HopeThisWorks

Thanks Nancy.

You're welcome Kitty.

On day 19 today! My life is amazing right now. Haven't posted much in the last couple days because we had a very eventful weekend. Opening day for t-ball and my sons 1st game. Went to a concert with a bunch of awesome praise and worship bands. My favorite was Jars of Clay. Well, back to work for me. Bye for now!
Unread 03-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #45
HopeThisWorks

Day 20!

My new theme song is... "Ch ch ch chaaanges"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl3vxEudif8

God in my life
I'm COMPLETELY addiction free
My life back
New apartment
Better relationship with my son
Better relationship with my girlfriend
Better relationship with my family
New Friends

...and now a NEW JOB!

I am going to try and do both jobs. My new job being my main source of income and keep doing what I'm doing now, on the side from home. It's hard working today at what will soon be my old job. I've been with my "work family" for 6 years. They party all of the time though and it's not condusive to where I'm going. When I was in active addiction (I say that even being on suboxone because I smoked weed every day and drank...a lot) I thought this was the best job ever. I could get high and work because everyone else was. Now, I can't be at a place with people high at work.

I'm excited to see what God has in store for me now that I let him back in to my life and let him take charge. I did a HORRIBLE job running my life on self-will. As I've said before....too many near death experiences, jail, DUI, etc.

If I can do this......SO CAN YOU! It's all about POSITIVE CHANGE!!!!!
4 Users Say Thank You to HopeThisWorks For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-22-2015), Thank You (03-16-2011), Thank You (03-15-2011), Thank You (03-15-2011)
Unread 03-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #46
TIM

Congratulations! You are doing great, it's amazing how much you've accomplished and changed in just 20 days. You are an inspiration to others and well on your way to sustained addiction remission. Congratulations!
Tim

Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. Voluntary Disclosure: Timothy L. is the President of The National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine treatment. (NAABT.org) The views and opinions of Timothy L., or any poster, are not necessarily the views of AddictionSurvivors.org. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider Any information you read here should only serve to inspire you to investigate further with credible, verifiable referenced sources or your doctor.
TIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 07:36 AM   #47
NancyB
Administrator

Hi HopeThisWorks, congratulations on 20 days and your new job!

Again, I'm happy for you! Great job!

Nancy
Unread 03-23-2011, 02:04 AM   #48
HopeThisWorks

Almost at the end of day 27...life is GREAT!

Finished day 2 of training at my new job. I can actually remember what I'm learning. I even taught the trainer a few things about basic computer stuff, they love me!

My Aunt is in town and I went to an AA meeting with her (she has 5 years), my girlfriend (she has 60 days next week), and my MOM! My Mom's 1st meeting. She has been a "dry drunk" for 2 months now. Longest I have ever seen her go without a drink, so that's a start. She started just supporting me, but has continued not drinking even after I moved out.

I plan on starting a "celebrate recovery" part to my Dad's church (God's will), with his help. He has 23 years. God works in amazing ways! I'm getting baptized this Sunday, too.

SOOOOO much has changed in these last 2 months. I never thought in a million years my life would be going this direction, but it's real and I'm VERY excited!

Well, off to bed. Hope everyone is doing well with there tapers and if anyone has a question for me, feel free to ask!
Unread 04-07-2011, 01:20 AM   #49
HopeThisWorks

Just wanted to stop by and say hey! VERY busy. Still 100% sub free. Hope everyone is doing well with there tapers! If anyone has questions for me, feel free to ask!
Unread 04-08-2011, 10:53 PM   #50
HopeThisWorks

Day 45!

Sooo, I'm now engaged! Life has been AMAZING. Starting the wedding plans right now. My girl got a new job, too.

I really appreciate all the people on this site. I don't think I would be where I am today if it wasn't for this place. Such great information and support. I've obviously had to do the foot work, but God brought me here and has been running my life and has given me peace. I am excited about my future rather than being fearful of how I will get my next high.

To those still on suboxone/off/tapering...keep up the good work!
2 Users Say Thank You to HopeThisWorks For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-26-2013), Thank You (02-27-2014)