View Single Post
Unread 12-13-2014, 11:15 PM   #4

MVB15,

Please listen to your instincts/listen to yourself. You are going to be a mother and you just know things. Please do not try to talk yourself out of what you know.

I wish I would have left as soon as my ex started drinking. I stayed for 4 years, becuase I wanted to try and make it work for my son. I was divorced 5 years ago.

Just tonight my son told my ex that he was ill so he wouldn't have to go over to his father's house. My son is in therapy to try to deal with the stress of having an alcoholic father who refuses to take any responsibility for his own issues.

Please please please trust your instincts. As a mom, you know what is best for you and your child. You already know that it isn't good to be in that environment. Get out now. You need to be strong for you child. Your job now is to be the best mother possible to your child, which means putting you both in a safe environment. That does NOT include your boyfriend. He has already demonstrated that he isn't safe. No more chances. He blew it. You are strong - listen and trust yourself. I finally started doing that, and nothing can stop me now. I know my purpose on this earth. It is to be the best mother possible to my son and to make decisions for his best interest.

You can do this. Trust yourself.
1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Say Thank You to 1418 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (12-14-2014), Thank You (12-14-2014), Thank You (12-14-2014)