View Single Post
Unread 11-16-2015, 03:06 PM   #1
Tryntryagain

Default Drink driving coming up to Xmas

Hello everyone. Bright blessings to you all.

I am an alcoholic and i want to share something with you all.

I had lived a terribly dysfunctional life over here in dear ole Blighty and i drunk and drove, all my life. I went to court once, with kids in the car, got banned from driving, and drove home.

I drove through all the bans i have had. I had never had an accident because i was a "good driver". I was only ever arrested while speeding.

You are talking to a habitual drink driver that knows he is better than all of you, AND, knows he can drive better.

Ok.

All those around me knew i drank and drove a car. They got it in time after time. I made them believe the same as me, i am "full of myself", so they got in. I didn't kill them thankfully.

3 years ago it was around Xmas time in dear ole Blighty, the roads were a bit icy, it was 10pm.

In the old days i would have given you a deep description of what happened, but i was drunk. I hit an island in the middle of the road, the car lifted,...spun... hit said pole, spilt in two, nothing was coming the other way, nothing was behind me, i rang the police, waited.

It took the police nearly 2 hours to find 1 of the front wheels such was the impact.

The road i was on is a thoroughfare. For there not to be anything or anyone on it at any given time is frankly a miracle.

I was banned from driving for 3 years. (I should have gone to prison)

My ban is finished in weeks time.

My friends i don't think i will ever drive again. I thought i was able... i was not. I am an alcoholic. I have been sober for a while now, yet if i succumbed to drink, AND had a car....would i act in the same way?

Please, it is with humbleness i write to you. If you know a loved one is drinking and driving, please snitch.

Yup, i said snitch, grass, tell on them....easy?....no.

I was a drinking alcoholic that drove, i haven't for 3 years now. I could have killed goodness knows how many. I didn't. The amount of "near misses i had" well.......

If someone had called the cops, everyone would have definitely been around the next day at worst.

I do apologise. I know it sounds a bit over the top.

If you know someone is...tell.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you all.
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-16-2015)