Thread: What a mess
View Single Post
Unread 12-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #116
OHIL

Got a lesson in patience again this week...had been talking with my daughter a little and we were making slow and cautious progress. Then Wednesday came and the bottom fell out. She called me and insisted I was not to help her ex by taking care of my grandson in any way or she would disown me and never speak to me again. I should have said goodbye then but asked instead what she was talking about...she proceeded to descend into a rant where she blamed me, her family and her ex for all her troubles. After telling her she needed to take responsibility for herself, work a program of her choice, get some counseling and get a job, I finally came to my senses and told her unless she could talk to me in a respectful, calm way, I was done with the conversation. We both hung up. I'm sad she seems to have regressed and is probably drinking again. Her thinking is so convoluted; she tried to tell me she had already received sufficient counseling through the outpatient rehab she did while continuing to drink and the three weeks she spent in in-patient rehab. That'd be almost laughable if it wasn't such an indicator of her stinking thinking.
OHIL is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to OHIL For This Useful Post:
Thank You (12-24-2013)