Thread: Hello everyone
View Single Post
Unread 09-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #57
CarlyO

Dear TrynTryagain,
I am sorry I missed your post where you described what your job entails. And believe me no judgements on your drinking just please please be careful. Are you aware of medication assisted treatment, granted you cannot be drinking but Vivitrol and Campral have worked for many with cravings. The info is in the links I gave you.

I honestly cannot understand why the very people who are in the field are refusing to help you - I am not intending to be dense - I cannot wrap my brain around it.
Where in the compassion? Just because you held this job or that position still does not negate your accomplishments for those in need !
It is a fact that your efforts and care for those in need does exists , you did so much for so many. Their attitude seems to be that because you are facing a crisis with alcohol that you are somehow undeserving? You were somehow supposed to be immune? NO ONE IS ! NO , addiction does not care who you are , what you do, it is an equal opportunity disease.
Is there a legal agency to help you get the help you need? Can you pay for private care? What of this author, could he plead your case? I know you have to be ready and willing to proceed, I still have faith that there is an answer somewhere. I have to go now but will return to check on you.
Whatever you do ,PLEASE do NOT give up, stay safe and take care, Carly
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote