Thread: Feeling Sad
View Single Post
Unread 12-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #19
CarlyO

Hi 1418,

Glad you are testing the dating waters and trusting yourself more and more. It will serve you well, when the right person comes along.
I remember those days when you did not know what was what with your ex. In all honesty, we ( people with addictions) when we are in active addiction, become masters of the blame game, it's not me it's you game and more. It is a way of protecting our addiction, so that no one interferes with it. Sad but true. I am just sorry it wreaks such havoc with our loved ones. I still hold out hope that one day your ex will get the help he needs for everyone - esp him and your son. Until then hang in there, draw your boundaries.

You have survived it, and are doing great ! I am so glad you keep us posted because it is so refreshing and inspiring to know that you have a new life, the sky is the limit!

Yikes, 2 more days until the big Day, I hope you and your son have a wonderful, peaceful, holiday : ) Take care, Carly
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote