View Single Post
Unread 11-05-2009, 07:35 PM   #93
CarlyO

Hi Frank,
Glad you and Mrs. are feeling better. Your area does sound like a nice place, hey, I have seen Bonanza on Nick at Night ! Now I have that song in my head ; )
Yes, Saint is correct MH/SA = Mental health substance abuse- though I try not use the words Abuse /Clean and others, when I can, as it denotes something negative, perpetuating the stigma.
Tim posted some great info regarding "The Words We use Matter" I do respect that we all have the right to choose our own words and in meetings do go with the flow, but prefer to say Addiction Survivor .
IMO- it would benefit everyone, family members included, if the medical, insurance . employment, and legal system could /would recognize and change the stigma associated alcohol/substance issues and offer quality options, policies, procedures, for support /help...
ok... off my soapbox now : )
Well, I am sure that is more than you wanted to know !

It is funny you said patience is not your virtue, many of us have that in common... " I want it , I want it NOW " !! But, with time and work, patience ( in some areas of our lives) can be learned and accepted.

I think you are doing great. Keep moving forward !!
Take care, Carly : )
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.

Last edited by CarlyO; 11-05-2009 at 07:48 PM..
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote