View Single Post
Unread 11-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #78
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magda View Post
Frankie-
Hello, I wanted to drop in and let you know I have read your story.Congrats to you on your sober time, it is rough but not impossible as you have seen. As far as ways to get more support and education on alcoholism- there are a number of resources.The main one being AA. I support 12 step recovery, but feel there are alternatives that are successful. The idea is to find what works for you as an individual. Online support forums were a huge source of aid in my personal recovery, I don't think I would have made it this far without some of the folks I met online.For me, it took different methods, and I am happy to say I have been clean for over two years now.
Whatever you decide, my thoughts are to find "Something".Don't try to go it alone because there is too much to learn about coping with this to do that.If you are interested in other ideas of support, let me know and I can forward that information to you.Take care and nice meeting you!
Thanks Magda,

I would like to know about anything out there that would help. No doubt at all that I can't do it alone. Like I said before, this forum is a tremendous help (only help) for me. I don't know if I would have made it 30 days without folks like you. Thanks!

Frank
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote