View Single Post
Unread 05-25-2016, 05:12 PM   #525
jenm

Hi Everyone!

Quick update, I have to head to work. The hospital sent him home the other night and he proceeded to drink all morning and all day yesterday. the boys and I went over to mow the yard and he was in really bad shape and really, really drunk. I had a conversation with him and gave him the following options: get in my car and I'll take you to detox, or I will have an ambulance take you. He got in my car, and off we went around 8pm. They admitted him to the detox unit and I got home at 2am. It looks like he will transfer right to their inpatient treatment unit from detox. Praise the Lord!

I stopped at the hospital today for a brief visit and to bring him a couple of books and visit. As I left, I stopped in the chapel and began to read in the book of Romans in the Bible. Then I just sat there and cried. And cried and cried and cried. And prayed.

I didn't have to have him committed, but I do have all the paperwork necessary if he chooses not to follow through with detox and inpatient treatment. I will file with the court if I have to, but right now he is stable in the hospital, they are giving him the appropriate medications for detox, and I am so grateful he is being taken care of. Now I'm heading to work for the night, I have to close at the restaurant.

Thank you all so very much for your thoughts, prayers, and support. I am grateful beyond words. I pray this is a new beginning for him. Love, Jenm
jenm is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-25-2016)