Thread: 2016 reset
View Single Post
Unread 01-18-2016, 11:49 AM   #28
Sam Bailey

Hey Secret Tiger!

The crazy thing about it is, well, R Lee is right.

I mean, it sure seemed crazy to me. Back in the days when I was using lots of dope.

Like so many of us, I would get this terrible craving, this pounding urge, call it whatever, but it would be harsh! and I would feel literally compelled to use dope---as much as I could get. So often I felt out of control, as if I had no power of thought or action.

So? So during that dark time I always found a way to fed that monster. Meaning, I always used.

However.

Toward the end, once I woke up, when I finally started to fight back, I discovered that astounding thing. It didn't always work perfectly, yet it DID work.

That thing was...When I could distract myself from THINKING about the dope, when I would allow some chunk of time to pass, I would, after a while, look up to find that, good Lord!, I was no longer jonsing.

Now, to be honest, this wasn't true when I was in actual withdrawals. The physical part nearly beat me to death. It did, indeed.

Yet, longwinded point---getting "past it" can work. YOU can get past this, I believe...based on all that I've read from your posts. You're a strong and decent person. Thoughtful, too. You know yourself, ST---to some extent anyway. I think this is true.

So?

Go run, heart pounding, sweat slinging hard. Go on a damn long hike. Leave your home now and walk the sidewalks of your city. You know what to do, right? So go do it.

Simple, right? Just not easy. I know. Sorry, ST.

Best you can, man, fight back. Just run faster that that effing demon. No, not easy, but doable.

best to you Secret Tiger!

sam
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Sam Bailey For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-18-2016)