Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Unread 03-08-2015, 08:19 AM   #58
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon Diane. Bright blessings to you.

Good to hear that you are getting along day by day. There is a great deal about you, you have much to look forward to. I am recently back sober again after making a bad deicsion. Before that happened i had months, (39 weeks) of sobriety. I camr to realise that it wasn't so much that sobriety made my life better, it became a completely different life altogether. At first i still had "drinking thinking", i believe it is known as a dry drunk. As time went by, my habits changed. When i went to bed, how i felt when i got up, and spending a couple of minutes a day to just .....stop......check myself, give thanks that i am here and sober, and gently life becomes "something different, something new".

The beauty that you are so eloquently aware of stops being a stranger and becomes a friend seeing you on your way. It is often said that the journey into sobriety can be harsh and extremely difficult. Indeed that can be the case, but at the same time it can be an experience that holds so much joy, so much awareness, and as this family shows, the opportunity to be amongst those in a very special place in their lives.

Alcohol snatches away the privileges that human beings should be free to enjoy. Sobriety hands them back. Where once collecting injustices was a daily grind, now the world opens up each and every day.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you Diane.
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-08-2015), Thank You (03-09-2015)