View Single Post
Unread 03-06-2015, 06:49 AM   #10
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Hysteria, here's the post Susie mentioned from Michael:

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelc232 View Post
Thank you everyone! Saint, it's funny that you said "we are never cured." That statement never ceases to make my heart drop and remind me that I am only one drink away from becoming the monster I have worked all these months to get away from. I'm coming up on 8 months sober. Right after 8 months was when I relapsed last time. I'll never forget saying "**** it..." as I grabbed my friends beer, took a drink, and ended 8 months of hard work. Sitting here today, in my right mind, properly treated and happy, a drink is the farthest thing from my mind. Yet I can never forget that I will forever be standing on a ledge, only one drink away from falling back into misery. If anyone out there is thinking of taking a drink tonight, please know that it gets better. You can find happiness without alcohol. In fact, you can't find true happiness with it. If you are thinking about taking that first step towards sobriety, please know that it is worth it. It is a rough road full of breakdowns, heartache and painful self realization but just keep walking. Because somewhere on that road, when you feel like you can't take one more step, you will find yourself. If you keep walking after that, you will learn to love yourself. Then, only a few miles after that, you will find that you are able to love others, and give yourself freely to the people that you care about. It takes time. One day at a time to be exact....

Michael
This is a link to his thread:
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=29121

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-08-2015)