View Single Post
Unread 06-19-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
jekmimi

Thank so much, Glen and Nancy; your words have been very, very comforting to me. Believe it or not, my daughter (whom I thought would obviously side with her father) became very angry, sat us both down and declared that she "would NOT have split up parents" and really talked to both me and my husband like (as they say) a "Dutch Uncle"! She forced a lot of things into the open (tho she does not understand why I am on Suboxone, or why I got hooked on drugs in the first place). My husband admitted that he uses bullying when he gets mad b/c he knows I'm afraid of him. I told him that I am no longer going to live in fear; I can and will live on my own, if push comes to shove---and I will not be pushed ANY MORE! Husband did agree to see a counsellor with me (again, at our daughter's insistance); however, I have a feeling that I will be the only one going, but that's OK. I haven't felt this strong in a long time. My MD gave me Lexapro (1/2 a pill) but it's too strong, plus, I really suffer from anxiety, so am thinking I may need Effexor instead of Lexapro.

That was VERY interesting about Sub not showing up on drug screening. Does this mean that I don't have to report that I am on it, should I go for a job?? Please let me know. Also, has anyone been on Effexor and Suboxone? I'd like to know this, too.

Thanks to both of you and to anyone to took the time to read my problem. I know I am not alone in this fight---and I will not give up. I haven't felt this good in a long time, praise God!! Thank you all and Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

Joan
jekmimi is offline   Reply With Quote