View Single Post
Unread 01-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #4
CarlyO

Default Welcome miarich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miarich View Post
I have had drinking problems for many years. I want so bad to stop, but just can't take that first step: STOP. how do you do that as drinking has been a large part of me and how I handle things, pain and worry go away when drinking. How do I stop for at least a day? Help.

Hi and welcome Miarich,

Asking for answers, wanting to stop is a first step. Have you had time to read the links Jerry provided? Also, read the posts from members here and ask questions, vent whatever it takes to get you to taking action. One step at a time, like getting through withdrawals safely.

If you were to sit in a meting/support group, you would hear stories by people ( myself included) that belived there was no hope, no life without alcohol/substances. But there is hope, people get better everyday and so can you !

Please keep up posted, YOU CAN DO THIS ! : ) Carly
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to CarlyO For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-07-2009)