View Single Post
Unread 02-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
MaJaBe

Hi RD! Welcome, glad you're here! What part of FL are you moving to? I live in the Tampa Bay area, so if I can help, let me know. I have a wonderful doctor. I'm not sure about his views on being on sub for life, as that is not the path that's right for me, but he's very understanding and definitly treats every patient as an individual, and realizes that every patient has different needs. My taper thread is in the taper section, check it out if you want to know more about him.
Anyway, great post! I'm also very active in NA, and I know that if I wasn't involved in NA, for me, I would be trading one addiction for another, because NA, for me, has really helped me see what recovery is, and how to go about being an active participant in my recovery. Also the support and friendships I've formed in the rooms are priceless for me.
You'll find different opinions here on the 12 steps, but you definitly came to the right place, and as you said, what works for one does not work for all. That's something I have to remind myself of frequently when I see people saying negative things about NA, AA, CR, or any 12 step program, because I love it so much, I tend to think everyone should do it, lol. But I just remind myself that we're all so different, and some people are just not comfortable in a setting like that, and that helps me to be more accepting and open-minded, which is what my program teaches me.
Again, welcome, I look forward to getting to know you!
Best,
J
MaJaBe is offline   Reply With Quote