Thread: No Sex Drive?
View Single Post
Unread 10-03-2009, 11:20 PM   #16
OhioMike

Hi Christine .................. I have not read this entire thread, so, if I repeat something already shared, please excuse me.

I cannot offer any suggestions on medications, as I am not familiar with the ones available for women, however, I can offer other suggestions and opinions.

I wish I could find a couple of old threads which were really very, very good about what I am going to comment on, as it offer both the male and female perspectives.

Anyway, to make this short, we need to learn to focus more on romance more! For get about sexual arousal and sex it's self and focus on romance and simply feeling good in general.

Cuddling, holding hands, massages, facials, light exploration without foreplay and so on. From there let the stimulation and desire build. Think out of the box, try things which you may have thought of, but, never mentioned. Now is the time to mention them.

Naturally your partner has to be on the same page here and very understanding of your situation and that your lack of desire or stimulation is not because of him. Further, you both need to look at this as a golden opportunity to open new doors in your relationship and of a way to grow together in a new way.

Well that is my opinion and if it is too forward or direct, I apologize, but, I know of no other way to explain it. Also speak to your doctor and do not be afraid to try medication therapy which might help, but, please don't close the door on this new opportunity of couple growth even if the medication answers the problem, personally I think we cheat ourselves if we do that.

Mike