View Single Post
Unread 02-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #4
Cally

Quote:
Originally Posted by benn11 View Post

Recently I was told at an NA meeting that suboxone is not only the hardest opioid to get off of, but that long term use damages your brain permanitely for life…

But some people really hate this medicine and said that your endogenous opioids will never work again, and that after a couple of years of being on it, it stops working properly due to a tolerance…
The information you were given is FALSE! You are not being melodramatic, anyone would be concerned and scared senseless after being told this pile of garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benn11 View Post

And because its such a new drug

It isn’t “such a new drug”. Suboxone has been on the market for 41 years!

Buprenorphine was first developed in 1969 as a pain reliever (analgesic). Buprenorphine was studied for over 30 years before it was approved for the treatment for addiction. Buprenorphine (Suboxone®, Subutex®) was approved for the treatment of addiction by the FDA in 2002.

Not so smart people want to spread the urban legend that we are guinea pigs for this “new drug” because they think it came on the market in 2002.

In 2010 over two (2) million people were prescribed suboxone in the United States. I don’t know the number of people in 2011. The number of people prescribed outside the United States totals millions.

No drug is 100% safe. Suboxone has shown to be an extremely safe drug. The most serious, known side effect is constipation.

There is NO documented evidence of what you have described only urban legend horror story’s. If Suboxone had the effects that you have been told, Suboxone would have been taken off the market years ago.

I will always be grateful that the medication gave me my life back. I know I would be dead today without it. There is no reason for you to be concerned about the medication. Relax, take it easy and enjoy the rest of your life!

Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
6 Users Say Thank You to Cally For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-10-2015), Thank You (01-15-2013), Thank You (03-05-2014), Thank You (01-29-2013), Thank You (01-10-2015), Thank You (04-03-2014)