Thread: Smoking and Sub
View Single Post
Unread 01-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #9
lala

Thank you Heath, well said. I am pretty methodical myself. And breakfast is hard to eat for me too-- normally. Now that I'm pregnant I eat breakfast no problem, but normally I just want coffee. My husband is taking chantix too, but I'm not sure if he's taking it once a day or twice; he has about a month or maybe a bit more of no smoking; he doesn't take sub or anything else, but he does have 14 years sober from alcohol. He also has some MAJOR lung conditions, such as minor emphysima and something called Cough Syncope, which causes him to pass out and shake like he's having a seizure. It's so scary! I am so so grateful he quit smoking, I felt like he was going to die. I think he did a mixture of patches and gum and chantix, although not all at the same time. I just wanted to say I appreciate your post, and this sense of community and understanding gives me so much hope.

Lily29, thanks for asking- I am once again stable at 1mg a day, and I actually only take it once a day, at nap time when my kids take a nap (and I usually do too-- I know, it's crazy! But wonderful....) and then when I wake up I want to smoke right away. I think it's equal parts habit and opiate induced. Anyway, I haven't had any signs of wd's at all since I got back on the sub. I went from 4 days of NO sub and suffering terribly to back to normal within 45 minutes of taking my 1mg, and I can't even begin to tell you how extremely grateful I was! I felt like I was in hell, or my own personal version at least... First I was a little bummed, because I had been proud of myself for finally getting off the sub after almost 3 years, and then after I took my 1mg, all I could think was - "Thank you God!!!!!!"

I hope you are all having a wonderful day, it's pouring down rain and super grey here in the Seattle area. But you all have made me feel happy today; happy to have a place to go, and happy to have people that will communicate openly and honestly with me-- Thank you again!
lala is offline   Reply With Quote