Thread: Smoking and Sub
View Single Post
Unread 01-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #8
Heath

Funny you mention it. When i went cold turkey back on 2/1/09 thru 2/5/09 because i was purging my system so i could get on sub, i only smoked maybe 3 cigs in those four days. However, as soon as i got on sub, i went straight back to half pack or so daily. I thought to myself, "great, i can quit taking percocet, but now i still get that wierd feeling that makes me want to smoke". So i dealt with it for awhile, about 9 months, then about a month and a half ago, i got on chantix. It helps tremendously, but it makes me feel like throwing up. So i have to eat with it. Problem is, i smoke 1 in the am before i get a chance to eat breakfast so that i can even take the chantix. And then at dinner i take another one, that is, if i eat a big dinner. Sometimes i don't eat a big dinner, and then i don't take the chantix, and then in the am i have to smoke again while waiting to eat bfast so that i can stomach the chantix. Its a vicious cycle, just like everything else with me. I hate it that i have to be so damn methodical and consistent in every damn thing i do. I need to pray for help. Sometimes i wish i wasn't so methodical and maybe i would never have gotten myself into all that i did. Drugs, drinking, and smoking. But oh well! At least i'm sober. That's what i think about. I have gotten better this week about eating bfast so that i can take the chantix early and stay off the cigs, but now i need to focus on eating a full dinner so i can take the second one and that way i will have enough built up in my system so that i can stay off the cigs altogether. Like everything else though, it's easier said than done. I will say a prayer right now for all of us and ask for enough self control to do what we each need to do to stay off the cigs.
Heath
Heath is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Heath For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-08-2010)