View Single Post
Unread 05-16-2017, 05:37 PM   #6
BoomerK

Hi all, I've lurked this forum for a long time and finally decided to join. This topic really stood out to me because I am a long-term Suboxone user and there isn't any immediate plan for me to come off of it any time soon.

I started on Suboxone almost 10 years ago (a high dose initially, about 40mg if I remember correctly). Fast forward to about two years ago and I am now on a regular dose of 1mg daily. The dose itself is so small it doesn't even show up on my monthly urine tests through my doctor. However, I still have some minor withdrawals if I attempt to go any lower. My problem, like many others, is that I have pain stemming from a back issue and Suboxone has not only allowed me to get off of the other opiates, but it also offers me a small amount of pain relief.

Anyway, I was ready to try and get off completely about two years ago but my doctor (who is also my primary care doctor) said that he's seen people suffer with severe muscle cramps when they come off and that right now (two years ago) he didn't want to do anything until he had more information. So, he's followed it closely and apparently for long term users the muscle spams can be an issue and they can last quite a while. Since I'm on such a low dose of Sub, we've just decided to stay where I am for now.

Anyway, it's good to know there are others that are long term Sub users. I've heard that there are others, but haven't met any personally.
BoomerK is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to BoomerK For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-16-2017), Thank You (05-17-2017)