View Single Post
Unread 01-24-2011, 02:04 PM   #8
Carlos

good answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMike View Post
Instead of picking apart different recovery tools, maybe the interesting question would be what constitutes a healthy personal treatment plan?

Most treatment plans done at facilities are actually xrox copies or cookbook type. I find patients know more about what they want than the professional is will or allow.

If peer support in not valid in recovery (treatment), then what is the purpose of this web site?

I am not too sure that we are talking about the same thing. I have no proble with networking. But I do have difficutly with a lot of self help groupy stuff. Experience and opinions are nice but when it comes to treatment it becomes worthless. May therapis operate from intuition and hunches not from research supported information.

Sure it shares factual medical information, but, that can be done without the message boards!

Further, since this disease is not limited to merely biological issues, wouldn't one be hard pressed to rely solely on medications which only address biological symptoms.

Bionlogical or genricas dose not always equal to disiease, at least not disease as we think about it. It is not like a fever not even like diabetics. I have no problem with the biology I doubt the whole concept of diesease, but that is not really an issue, the fact that it is a problem to me that is sufficient. I do not have to pathology it and I have a lot more to say than I have time because I am at a time library computer now.

I don't know for sure, but my guess is that "treatment" / "recovery" is made up of any tool which can help the individual move forward with healing in a positive and proactive fashion, no matter what tool is used.

Tools have to be effective some have not ben show to be effective except from peoples stories and experience not from actual data

And just possibly, I mean maybe, recovery is a bit different for each of us!

Maybe, sure
goog
But I've heard the various comments, that medical aids are not true recovery or those who state, oh I am going to save so and so from those 12 step people. I never could grasp either as being productive trains of thought for my own recovery, thankfully!

But, to each their own!

So long as ones recovery works for them, then maybe it is the correct thing!

Mike
Carlos is offline   Reply With Quote