View Single Post
Unread 10-01-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
MaJaBe

Default Starting Step 4 - Scared

Hey all. Any advice for me when I start step four? I've read the step in the Green & Gold, and downloaded the help sheet for step 4 from na.org. I'm just really nervous. I know I'm not the only one who's done horrible things in their active addiction.
Most of my fear comes from this:
When I start writing down the things I've done, I am pretty sure I will then remember MORE things, things that I've forgotten about or blocked. (I'm a SUPER blocker, lol)
I fear the depression that may come with looking at these things in black and white. I know that it's a step toward forgiving myself, and that it's necessary. Logically, it makes sense, but who said I'm logical? lol
I know the things that I've done that I'm ashamed of. I already have a huge amount of shame and guilt, and I know that this process will help with that. I'm just afraid of the additional shame and guilt that will come with remembering more as I write down the things I do remember. I've blocked all that stuff for so long, even in my recovery. I'm not looking forward to the flood.
Any experience, strength and hope would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Jackie
MaJaBe is offline   Reply With Quote