View Single Post
Unread 04-21-2017, 11:47 AM   #9
NancyB
Administrator

I don't know how someone could love someone, truly love someone, yet be emotionally abusive. Any type of abuse is not love. Could his 'love' be more of a control thing for him towards you. You bought a house, yet he didn't move in, but he helps you with the bills so you're kind of stuck with him. He does what he wants, no thought of how it will effect you. Those things don't sound like love, but control.

If you don't feel talking with him will get you anywhere, could you write him a letter. That way he can read it when you're not there. Do you think that would help, or would it be something he would hold over you - more control.

All this is my opinion, from the outside looking in based on what you've said.

I just want you to have control of what YOU want to be happy and healthy.
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote