Thread: My Son
View Single Post
Unread 11-03-2007, 12:29 AM   #12
trevyn

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by trevyn

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dixie

Hey there, I'm glad you wrote. I was thinking about you and your son and hoping you were hanging in. I know it seems like this mess will never end but it will and it'll be okay. You will be okay. I promise. No matter what happens, you will make it through and will be amazed at how strong you are! I don't really know much about the legal system but this continuance is something the lawyers like and they think it's a good strategy...who knows? On one hand, there is relief at not having to deal with what might be bad news but on the other hand, there's the good grief...this is never going to end. I know that feeling all too well. And I know it's hard but just try to think about something else. Do you work? I swear, work has saved my life these last few years. It gives me an outlet and something other than my son's miserable circumstances to focus on. Speaking of him, he did make his doc's appt. and as far as I can tell, he's stayed sober since that night a couple of weeks ago. The meds the doctor has him on seem to have mellowed him and that's really good - because he's a pretty intense guy. He's still trying to get into a place. There is a wait list but he's on it. He's working a lot and is working out daily. He's a long way from being okay but he's better for now or he's really got me fooled. It could very well be the latter - it wouldn't be the first time! Anyhow, I hope your son is doing well and I know you will be strong for him. Take care and keep me posted. Dixie
`
Hi there,
Thanks so much for being there. It means so much to me. It helps to know that someone understands what I am going through. I Know that should be greatful for having a very supporting husband (he is not his biological parent) but it hurts so much still. Things haven't been the same since that incident. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and wish you the best.
trevyn is offline   Reply With Quote