Thread: My Son
View Single Post
Unread 10-02-2007, 01:43 AM   #6
dixie

Sorry, Trevyn - I hit the wrong key - what I was going to say to you is DON'T BACK OFF! No matter what he says or does. No matter how believable he is in his guilt and sorrow. You must stay stong. Don't do what we (mainly I - his dad wanted to be tougher) did. Hold him accountable and keep loving him. I really have come to believe that my son has a disease. I didn't believe it for a long time. I thought he was just indulgent and immature but he has a problem, a disease, an illness that even though I don't understand, I am quickly learning to respect and fear it. And, I have come to believe that if we stay strong and don't back down and keep loving him but quit making excuses for him, we might survive this. He might survive it. Please, give your son all the help you feel you need to give him - nobody can tell you what is too much or too little - you will know - financially that's what we do as parents but don't wait ten years like we did to get in his face and tell him that he has a problem. Make him realize it now. I wish we had been strong enough to do it then - but better late than never, I suppose. Anyway, I am thinking of you and praying that tomorrow morning will come and go quickly for your family and you can begin the healing. Best of luck to your son. Stay strong - it'll work out. Dixie
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote