View Single Post
Unread 02-12-2008, 06:03 AM   #2
Cally

Hello Vico-Dan,

I want to first congratulate you on saving your life. I have chronic pain and suboxone stopped my huge pill intake, the cost of doctors and prescriptions (AKA doctor shopping) and made it possible for me to find treatment to eliminate my pain.

I am in Southern California and the prices you have you have quoted sound very average. $700 for one visit should include a mini physical, blood or urine test as well as a consultation and your induction. When you begin suboxone therapy it can take days or weeks for you to adjust to the dose that works best for you, so budgeting $500 a months is quite reasonable. Your weekly doctor visits will become monthly then every other month etc.

Suboxone isn't generally included with you doctor visits. You might want to call a couple of pharmacies and get prices for suboxone. If you are going to being paying cash it helps knowing prices.

Call your insurance company and find out what you are covered for. Ask what your co-payment is for suboxone. It helps knowing what you are covered for. That way you won't have any surprises.

Many doctors will not bill insurance companies. That means you pay the full amount then you get reimbursed from your insurance company. I paid "cash" then was reimbursed. It was an easy process.

I know the process of finding a suboxone doctor can be very frustrating. It makes it more frustrating because you want help NOW and if feels like everyone is slamming doors in your face. Never give up, don't take no for an answer. The right doctor is there waiting for you.

The sooner you start the sooner you are going to feel so much better. If you see a doctor and for any reason don't want to continue seeing him you can always change doctors. Nothing is written in stone.

Keep posting and stick around. There are a bunch of wonderful people here that will help you and support you.
Cally is offline   Reply With Quote