View Single Post
Unread 11-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #82
jerryg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the help. The higher power thing will come hard for me (hard head) as I never got that part. I don't even know if I have the commitment thing yet. I'm sort of numb at this point.

As far as being receptive to happiness and all my feelings, I don't have a clue to either, but I know these are things i'm going to have to address. Easy for me to write about these things, but I don't have the foggist idea how to do them. When said "get in touch with your feelings", I always thought that sounds nice, but I never understood it, or how to do it.

If you don't mind me asking, are you recovering also? Don't want to put you on the spot, but I just did. Ha!. Thanks,

Frank
Frank,
The higher power issue is a struggle for everyone, just about. And it is an experience that is unique only to the individual.
But the process of feelings, happiness and such you already have those. And like most of us may have confusion at times about what to do with certain mixes of feeling. It is what we do within that confusion that is telling. Some people may respond immediately with a judgement or a plan, sometimes they may do nothing.

Have you ever been in any type of talk therapy?

No, I am not in recovery. But I also see recovery in a broader sense.
For what it's worth I struggle with cigarette smoking.

Jerry
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
jerryg is offline   Reply With Quote