View Single Post
Unread 10-30-2009, 03:59 PM   #65
CarlyO

There's Frank !
Not come back to this thread !! - why? because you were being honest ? Not a chance ! Honest is good, honesty gets us to the heart of an issue.
I understand where you are coming from. Someone once told me - you will never get all your ducks in a row - so forget about that notion. It was not even anything related to alcohol, just life in general. Like don't wait around for that to happen. It always stuck with me. Not that I always adhere to his wisdom, but I do think of it often. To date, my ducks have never been in a row ; )

As far as being happy, do "things " make you happy or relationships? Take away the consequences of alcohol - would that make you happy? - I know it is a stretch - but would it ? Just curious.
Maybe you don' t even know what would truly make you happy? That requires some soul searching, imo.
As far as anxiety, bad feelings, - issues that cause you to reach for a drink, those are issues you can work on and get through.
As far as drinking and not giving it another thought, could it be because you do not know any other way ? It is like breathing to you.
Remember also, there are plenty of people with great lives, all the money and things in the world, but ruin their lives with alcohol, because they are alcoholics, until that is dealt with- they will most likely stay on that path.

I am just glad you continue to post - there is the possibility, maybe your answers are closer than you realize. At least a part of you is reaching out - yes?
I hope you are doing well today, maybe have weekend plans ? Please keep us updated when you can, take care Frank.
Carly : )
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote